• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

The flap you see being used as a stand. In multiple pictures, already in this thread. That flap has the same little elastic holders for carts that a dozen other cases have. Basically exactly the same as the Hori tough pouch.

Are there any pictures that show this? It kind of sucks that there aren't any pictures of how the inside looks.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Holy shit, just got a Breath of the Wild Special Edition that randomly appeared on bestbuy.ca. Well, guess that's my case now!

Between the hori the the official one for me, horis cases have done my nintendo handhelds well over the years but i think the official one looks better

EDarkness

I'm definitely getting a WaterField case for my NS. I use one for my iPad and it's great. Durable, light, easy to access and sleek. Since I don't carry a backpack anymore, I definitely want something that has a strap for easy carrying.

Piscus

Or a deluxe version if you need to carry everything

What does the inside look like in real life? Their NES Classic case has this custom foam to perfectly fit everything (at least in the pictures), but the picture of the Switch case doesn't seem to show any foam at all inside. Will it have the foam to keep everything secure in the actual case?

Not

Banned
Looking at this.

A1JCuUpo3mL._SL1500_.jpg

But it does say:

Note on Availability: Due to high customer demand, orders placed after February 7, 2017 may not be delivered until May 2017. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item. Orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they are received.

Do y'all think I should wait to get it at Wal-Mart at or GameStop or somewhere the day of?

I reeeeeally want to know the dimensions and see more pictures of it first, but with how much I'm going to be traveling next year for work I'm thinking about going with this guy:

41GxwcB40RL._AC_US160_.jpg

But again I need to know more first. $50 is steep as hell with only that one picture so far.

Noitshado

I plan on making a cardboard envelope sleeve wrapped in electric and duct tape and lining the insides with that grey shipping foam. Slap a scrunchie on that bad boy, throw it in my bag and call it a day. =D Maybe if im feeling fancy I'll spell out Switch and the ying yang joycons on the front side just for shits and giggles.

Im more worried about the screen protector. Some of them are real ass to put on and have odd light refractions. Maybe I aim for a tempered glass one.

I plan on making a cardboard envelope sleeve wrapped in electric and duct tape and lining the insides with that grey shipping foam. Slap a scrunchie on that bad boy, throw it in my bag and call it a day. =D Maybe if im feeling fancy I'll spell out Switch and the ying yang joycons on the front side just for shits and giggles.

Im more worried about the screen protector. Some of them are real ass to put on and have odd light refractions. Maybe I aim for a tempered glass one.

Speaking of tempered glass does anyone know any good ones that have popped up for the Switch? I've only seen two so far and they just look sketchy

WadeitOut

I reeeeeally want to know the dimensions and see more pictures of it first, but with how much I'm going to be traveling next year for work I'm thinking about going with this guy:

41GxwcB40RL._AC_US160_.jpg

But again I need to know more first. $50 is steep as hell with only that one picture so far.

Ditto. Been waiting for interior pictures of the bag since the first day. I like it as a bag period. Much better looking than my now old Swissgear bag.

Are there any pictures that show this? It kind of sucks that there aren't any pictures of how the inside looks.

I'd assume it looks pretty much exactly like this except the flap is sewn to the other side so it can be used as a stand;

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71cQ3CjAHIL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Have they shown the inside of the case that is coming with Breath of the Wild?

I've been curious about this, as well. I pre-ordered the SE and still have no idea whether the included case will be a decent long-term solution.

Searching brings up nothing. Anyone have information?

lt519

Speaking of tempered glass does anyone know any good ones that have popped up for the Switch? I've only seen two so far and they just look sketchy

Dunno, I'm just picking up a cheap $9.99 Hori one until the market shakes out and I see how much I abuse the Switch. Hoping its not much since I've got the Hori tough case.

41NqP104-ML.jpg

91eb6op889L._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N22YAIP/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I've got this one on preorder over at Best Buy, bought when they had the $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout going, so I got it for $30 plus tax. It's got the slim case for the Switch itself, but then also is a messenger bag for all the Switch components and peripherals when I take it over to a friend's house or on vacation or what have you.

Did the same thing myself.

Rootbeer

Banned
Godfuckingdammit.

That's a perfect case. Better than the original one ffs.

WHY NoE, WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

yeah I love the look of it. NoA did us right this time around. I am very pleased with the master edition and all that it contains. really sorry for those that missed out on it or who's region is not offering it in some form

Poking around Amazon a bit, I'm kind of tempted by this case from Surge.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6RMR30/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Looks slim, sturdy, and easy to toss into a bigger bag for longer trips. I do wish it looked a little nicer than the standard gray (that PDP case being commonly mentioned looks class), but this is affordable and does everything else I'm looking for nicely.

This one seems the best to me as it has dedicated room for triggers so the switch would rest flat on the case and not put Amy pressure on the triggers which can only be a good thing.

Seems like it's not available in Europe though :(

Cerbero

Goddamn lucky Americans. You get the Sheikah slate special edition and this one, and we Euro peasants have to make do with Big Ben stuff.

Right? i just want a case that can hold the switch and some games inside but noooo, everything gotta have those terrible plastic game cards holders boxes or only hold 4 games.

Where? it's exactly the one i want

Well, I don't know where in Europe you live obviously, but it's listed on Amazon, most of the gaming retailers as well as the larger general webshops.

It's from PDP, so searching for 'PDP switch case' will likely suffice.

Pastry

Banned
The official Nintendo ones look slick, I don't think I need anything too fancy. I'm just going to be throwing the case into my satchel on my way to work. The slimmer the better for me I guess

Doorman

This one seems the best to me as it has dedicated room for triggers so the switch would rest flat on the case and not put Amy pressure on the triggers which can only be a good thing.

Yes, that's part of why it caught my eye as well (the trigger wells, not the European availability :p)

It is super basic, but I think I'm going to pick that up for now, and if the quality is as good as people here seem to be assuming, I'll get a Pro or Champ Waterfield case for when I plan to hook the system up on a TV elsewhere. I wouldn't mind in this case paying some premium for a quality product built in the USA.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hmm, so the PDP one is available at a few Swedish retailers... That one does look the best, without a doubt. Just seems like it's maybe a bit less protective, especially with the games sort of up against the screen with just a thin mesh in-between.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Having to disconnect and reconnect the Joycons every time you put the Switch in or take it out seems a bit annoying to me.

Found a great new one for sale in EU. It's from Gioteck, and it has room for the triggers and two compartments so the screen won't scratch.

This one has that same issue. Wonder why they do it that way.

EDIT: Ah, those are strappy things to hold the Switch down, not separate Joycon compartmens. That one is really interesting then.

Top Bottom