• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yep. Needed a semi-hard case and a screen protector. Both, official, and under $20. Easy peasy.

Wow, really? That case is $40 here in Sweden. Not joking. This one is cheaper:

204860-L-LO.jpg

Nintendo/Bergsala ripping us off, I guess. Just as they are with the Switch itself ($417).

jax

Banned

Why buy a case again? If this is accurate, you don't really need one. Just detach the Joy-Con and toss it in your pocket.

Bam, another picture. Yeah. This thing is getting a tempered glass screen protector and living in my pocket.

Anyone who was saying it isn't pocket sized is trippin.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
For people getting tempered glass.....where you gonna get it from?

If you're getting a good case I don't know why you even would. Sure, you COULD drop it, but damn, be careful with your shit! I don't use screen protectors on my phones (instead I get flip covers), never had a problem.

Carlisle

Why buy a case again? If this is accurate, you don't really need one. Just detach the Joy-Con and toss it in your pocket.

Bam, another picture. Yeah. This thing is getting a tempered glass screen protector and living in my pocket.

Thickness is just as important though. That iPhone plus is 7.3mm and Switch is 13.9. So Switch is nearly two iPhone pluses stacked together.

While we're talking actual dimensions, lets get the raw numbers for width and length.

Switch: 167.2mm x 102mm
iPhone 7+: 158.2mm x 77.9mm

Gonna need some pretty wide pockets, and it'll probably stick out a bit, but it's not impossible.

bumpkin

I got the Zelda special edition. I'll just used its case.

I tend to take a bag or a backpack with me Nowadays anyways.
Same. I wish they'd give us a peek at what the case actually looks like IRL. I'm curious if it has any pouches/slots for additional games, or if it just fits the Switch and nothing else. If it doesn't have anywhere to put other games, I'll probably end up buying a separate case for those occasions.

I really like that premium one the first reply showed, but it looks like it's backordered into May at the moment.

Shaii

Wow, really? That case is $40 here in Sweden. Not joking. This one is cheaper:

204860-L-LO.jpg

Nintendo/Bergsala ripping us off, I guess. Just as they are with the Switch itself ($417).

In Denmark, that case is 169 DKK which equals to $24 USD... What the hell is going on in Sweden? The console is way cheaper in Denmark too

Edit: are you sure you're price checking properly? The first Swedish store I checked had it for $33 USD

Buying

Extraordinarily on the nose, but I like it! And it's cheap :3

Purchased it in January, so hopefully the shortages don't affect me

Pocket size???? Neither of my two non XL 3DSs fit in my pocket, let alone a Switch! Jeez!

Even then, I would never want to put a nonclamshell portable game system in my pocket. Carrying my Vita anywhere drives me crazy because I don't have a dedicated place for it besides my 3DS case.

Chorazin

So you're the guy that's keeping JNCO in business these days.

fatbot-jnco_300x.jpg

What does the inside look like in real life? Their NES Classic case has this custom foam to perfectly fit everything (at least in the pictures), but the picture of the Switch case doesn't seem to show any foam at all inside. Will it have the foam to keep everything secure in the actual case?

The larger PSVR one has foam too, I believe. Can't remember.

It'd make sense to have the foam to keep things separate instead of it all just rolling around.

The NES Classic case is so nice despite their solution for the controller cords. Haha.

Cerbero

Well, I don't know where in Europe you live obviously, but it's listed on Amazon, most of the gaming retailers as well as the larger general webshops.

It's from PDP, so searching for 'PDP switch case' will likely suffice.
Not on Amazon Italy sadly, or at least i can't seem to find it :(

DMONKUMA

If you're getting a good case I don't know why you even would. Sure, you COULD drop it, but damn, be careful with your shit! I don't use screen protectors on my phones (instead I get flip covers), never had a problem.

I'm choosing between either the official case, RDS, or the PDP starter, dunno if these fall quality cases. I think at least the RDS and official can qualify as some. I honestly just want a screen protector or glass for reassurance that my screen doesn't get stratched up. If I really don't need it then that's great but idk....

RoadHazard

Gold Member
In Denmark, that case is 169 DKK which equals to $24 USD... What the hell is going on in Sweden? The console is way cheaper in Denmark too

Edit: are you sure you're price checking properly? The first Swedish store I checked had it for $33 USD

Ok, you're right, it is available for a bit less.

WadeitOut

Same. I wish they'd give us a peek at what the case actually looks like IRL. I'm curious if it has any pouches/slots for additional games, or if it just fits the Switch and nothing else. If it doesn't have anywhere to put other games, I'll probably end up buying a separate case for those occasions.

I really like that premium one the first reply showed, but it looks like it's backordered into May at the moment.

Scroll up. There are pictures in this thread of the inside of it.

Also I like how we got the same guy posting over and over how you should just put it in your pocket. Bruh, I am not buying those ugly ass massive front pocket jeans.

Shaii

Ok, you're right, it is available for a bit less.

My point is that Bergsala is the supplier in Denmark as well, but here the Switch prices are absolutely fine when you take the BOAT into account.. Seems like it's the Swedish vendors having a field day with you guys :-(

Found a great new one for sale in EU. It's from Gioteck, and it has room for the triggers and two compartments so the screen won't scratch.

Nice, thanks a lot! It's s bit bulkier than i wanted but looks good.

Actually i don't find it on amazon Spain. Could you pass the link where you found it?

Like you mentioned, dropping is still a problem. I drop my shit all the time cause I'm an idiot. Screen protectors have saved me a ton of money replacing phones and whatnot. Don't wanna be the one with a cracked screen.

jax

Banned
The pic is some sort of a x-ray image, it shows you what you can carry in it. It looks like a normal pants or jacket like the one you posted.

http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/subindex_mens.shtml
Eh those pants look dorky and too baggy. For $100+ jeans they better look stylish and fit right. I wear skinny fit jeans normally, and I've chatted with DPJCO, an LA based company, a couple of times and they're stoked about the Switch. They even have a pair on sale for like $60.

That link you posted has interesting jackets though. I'll keep them in mind for that.

v0yce

Yeah but what are you going to do with the Joy-Cons after you detach them? You still need to tote them around too.

jax

Banned
Yeah but what are you going to do with the Joy-Cons after you detach them? You still need to tote them around too.
They're really small. I can just put one in my coin pocket, and toss the other one in the same pocket as my phone. (I rock a regular 7 with a screen protector, so plenty of space.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Any word on how prone the Switch screen is to scratches? I always felt the need to slap a screen protector on the DS and 3DS because of the soft plastic screen...but I assume the Switch screen is glass and thus less susceptible to scratches?

epicnemesis

I have this one ordered already
916-ocrGnrL._SL1500_.jpg

But I'm going back and forth on whether I want that or the hori tough pouch with eventual cartridge case if/when I exceed 5 physical games. (Going mostly digital.)

What I want is the tunic one's functionality in a more restrained design. I want space in the case so I can put this in it:
61Ly9jIq-cL._SX425_.jpg

I mean everything is getting thrown in a laptop messenger bag anyways if I'm taking it on a trip, so in theory packing 3 things separately isn't the end of the world.

Vidiot

As I already said I'm getting the sheikah slate case but even when I take it out I'm going to be keeping that in a back pack or messenger bag.

Or, it isn't pocket sized for people who don't feel like buying pants with bigger pockets instead of an ugly case.
Aesthetic > pockets

I even have jeans with fake pockets. Besides, pockets are overrated, I HATE carrying things in my pockets. Do everything in my power to keep little to nothing in them.

Rezae

When I eventually get one I'll get the official plain grey one. Looks thin and simple. Not a fan of the cases that look like lunchboxes or have a bunch of logos/designs all over.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Or, it isn't pocket sized for people who don't feel like buying pants with bigger pockets instead of an ugly case.

A lot of people don't rock cargo pants/shorts, but do carry around a bag.

I know you want to insist that this is pocket sized, but for most people the Switch and Joy-Cons are not going into any pant pockets.

jax

Banned
Aesthetic > pockets

I even have jeans with fake pockets. Besides, pockets are overrated, I HATE carrying things in my pockets. Do everything in my power to keep little to nothing in them.

A lot of people don't rock cargo pants/shorts, but do carry around a bag.

I know you want to insist that this is pocket sized, but for most people the Switch and Joy-Cons are not going into any pant pockets.

I posted stylish skinny fit jeans like 4 times, lol

The only reason I'm even talking them up so much is that I've tried the carrying a bag around all the time life when the iPad mini first came out. It sucks. I really don't understand how anyone could do that every day, and I plan on bringing it with me everywhere, every day.

Top Bottom