• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

royox

And the nonsensically insulting ass-pull of an ending will not seem as bad to someone who only played the third game, as they're likely less invested in the series.

"I liked ME3 ending cause I did not care a shit about the saga, the lore and the characters involved in the trilogy".

When you expect nothing, if you get something you are happy.

If you expect A LOT and get something...dissapointment strikes.

prag16

Banned
"I liked ME3 ending cause I did not care a shit about the saga, the lore and the characters involved in the trilogy".

When you expect nothing, if you get something you are happy.

If you expect A LOT and get something...dissapointment strikes.

I'm not sure what your intent with this post is. Your recent bashing of my ME3 related opinions make me think you are being sarcastic or otherwise taking another swipe at me.

But yes, having built up big expectations over the course of three games instead of one definitely can affect how the ending is perceived.

I doubt she'd troll the Nintendo fanbase intentionally (but who knows). Could be that she herself is being trolled by some kind of source. Regardless, looking at the calendar, it has to be taken with a bucketload of salt I guess.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Yeah, I have a PS3, 360, and Mac, which is what makes the decision so difficult for me to make. Currently on Amazon, the 360/PS3 versions sit at around $20, whereas the Wii U version is more like $35. Not sure about digital prices compared though.

The Wii U version is clearly the best, however I heard it is possible to get some of the Gamepad functionality with the Vita on PS3. I heard this feature is really broken though.

One question about the Wii U port I have was that I heard when you aim with a sniper rifle or something, the game makes you look down at the gamepad to aim rather than allowing you to look at the TV. Is this true? If so, is it really as much of a burden as it sounds?

I heard that most of the bugs, etc. were at least fixed in the PC version. I'm not sure whether any of the cool GamePad stuff from the Wii U version was added to the PC version though.

Strange they're opting for kickstarter.. the system is so starved for proper ground up examples of the genre, it'd sell gangbusters anyway I'm sure.

Making a jump from predominately handheld titles to even a modest hd shooter is probably a difficult one. May not have the cash to get started, given that they're already working on moon chronicles, treasurenauts, and cult county and are an incredibly small studio.

So, it seems Flavoured Cats (that indie game with a bizarre art style a lot of people made fun of) has been cancelled in favour of a 3DS version.

Yes, I know, April 1, but the blog post seems oddly specific to be a hoax IMO.

http://www.cw-games.org/blogpost.cwpl?id=35

The game looked like utter shit (read; the flavor was likely shit har har har).

Not a big loss, even if got canned period. I don't see this becoming good at all.

It's not like they came out and said it was only from a day or two of work (actually Hex Heroes is more impressive and that was two days of work).

Yagami_Sama

Afair (it's been a while sicne I finished it) the tearing in Darksiders 2 gets a lot better after some time.
or maybe I just got used to it.

anyway. great game except for the
dreadful "FPS-like" earth missions

I totally agree with that, when I reach this part I really got disappointed.

Talking about Project Cars, I am looking forward this game, besides F1 games, I dont have that much interest in this kind of game, but this one looks so great.
By the way, will be E-Shop only right ?

Oddduck

Wii U confirmed for Renegade Kid's Kickstarter. The only platforms missing are 3DS and Xbox 360.

BkLvgdkCYAAseHU.jpg

Regiruler

Wii U confirmed for Renegade Kid's Kickstarter. The only platforms missing are 3DS and Xbox 360.

They love them some 3DS fanbase so it must be excluded for scope reasons. This will be a bigger game.
I knew WiiU would be one of them with it being Renegade Kid, now lets see if these are stretch goals
Unless they are fanbase milking to get to the stretch goals, why would they not have it as one of their primary platforms if it was possible to port it to the system? As I just said, their fanbase on 3DS is huge.

I have no idea why 360 randomly isn't supported but I can't imagine a whole lot of people will care considering the XB1 is getting a port.

Pikma

Banned
I really hope Renegade Kid can shew all of that. They have a lot of projects going at the same time for a studio of their size.

Tripon

Strange they're opting for kickstarter.. the system is so starved for proper ground up examples of the genre, it'd sell gangbusters anyway I'm sure.

Its a mutli-platform game coming to PC, PS4, XB1, and Wii U. They probably need the money to fund all platforms.

Jawmuncher

Saw that 007 legends is 10.99 on amazon. I'm tempted since I have always had a soft spot for 007 games even if this is apparently the worst one. Does anyone know if it includes the DLC ending levels. The box says so but I want to be sure.

Its a mutli-platform game coming to PC, PS4, XB1, and Wii U. They probably need the money to fund all platforms.

Fair enough then. This is their first multi plat right? Seems like a massive undertaking for the team - especially given the 3DS projects they're juggling.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I can't believe they are skipping 3DS lol wtf.

well:

The reason for the platforms choice is probably the fact that the game is based on Unity.

this, plus: why should they Kickstarting a 3DS game, while they are able to financially sustain well 3DS exclusive games on their own?
They are already developing other games for 3DS, and they sold well on the 3DS eshop, so they are probably continuing developing "normally" on it.
On other, more powerful and expensive console, less safe in terms of profitability, they are looking for bakers.

If I'm not wrong, they are releasing Moon Chronicles and Treasurnauts for 3DS, they are developing Cult County and they heavily hinted at Mutant Mudds 2 (not specifically for 3Ds maybe, but they clearly stated how the 3DS version performed way better than all the others combined)

Just got my Wii U premium bundle with Mario/Luigi U. I also got 3D World and a pro controller. The package is sitting on my desk at work right now and I have two and a half hours of work left. Can't wait to get going. Hope I made a good decision buying this thing!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Just got my Wii U premium bundle with Mario/Luigi U. I also got 3D World and a pro controller. The package is sitting on my desk at work right now and I have two and a half hours of work left. Can't wait to get going. Hope I made a good decision buying this thing!

If you are ok with few, but great, games: you did.
Wii U really is a mixed console to me.
Barren release schedule, but with incredible gems.

CANLI

Congratulations. Great buy, aren't you interested at Dk tropical freeze?

I don't quite understand why Nintendo hasn't licensed some of their IPs out to these indie games. Mario/Zelda themed chess sets/locations just makes so much sense. Zen Pinball as well. Why there's not a Metroid themed table is beyond me.

Looking at Zen Pinball 2's leaderboards, Plants vs. Zombies has more rankings than anything else. I'm sure these would make good money and would be a show of good will toward more indie studios.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I don't quite understand why Nintendo hasn't licensed some of their IPs out to these indie games. Mario/Zelda themed chess sets/locations just makes so much sense. Zen Pinball as well. Why there's not a Metroid themed table is beyond me.

Looking at Zen Pinball 2's leaderboards, Plants vs. Zombies has more rankings than anything else. I'm sure these would make good money and would be a show of good will toward more indie studios.

I agree.
But they started licensing it to major games just recently with the Wii U (Tekken TagT2 has Nintendo customes, Scribblenauts Unlimited too, Sonic Lost World has themed zones, they presented Hyrule Warriors), so maybe they'll start doing this soon

I agree.
But they started licensing it to major games just recently with the Wii U (Tekken TagT2 has Nintendo customes, Scribblenauts Unlimited too, Sonic Lost World has themed zones, they presented Hyrule Warriors), so maybe they'll start doing this soon

Rayman Legends has costumes too.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Rayman Legends has costumes too.

good point!
I know that we all saw Link in Sould calibur 2, but it seems to me that they are somehow more aligned with this kind of partnerships right now.
Even MH4 got Zelda and Mario/Luigi costumes, right?

Top Bottom