• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

good point!
I know that we all saw Link in Sould calibur 2, but it seems to me that they are somehow more aligned with this kind of partnerships right now.
Even MH4 got Zelda and Mario/Luigi costumes, right?
Dynasty Warriors VS as well. (Link and Zero Suit Samus I think?)

you're right!

Metroid stage in Dead or Alive Dimensions, Warp Pipes and other Easter Eggs in NFSMWU (not sure if those were blatant enough to require Nintendo's authorization), and a million and one things in LEGO City Undercover, which is understandable to a degree.

BTW, I use my Wii U practically every day!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Metroid stage in Dead or Alive Dimensions, Warp Pipes and other Easter Eggs in NFSMWU (not sure if those were blatant enough to require Nintendo's authorization), and a million and one things in LEGO City Undercover, which is understandable to a degree.

BTW, I use my Wii U practically every day!

Yessss, they are going nuts this gen with these easter eggs!
Btw, what about Renegade Kid countdown?

Ugh Mario Kart 8 needs to come out soon. I haven't turned the Wii U on in ages.

Wow, you guys most have lots of time to play.

I am still juggling ZombiU, SM3DW, DKC TF, LoZ WW HD, and just got Darksiders 2 and W101. I also play Black Ops 2 MP from time to time. Plus on the indie side I must finish Runner 2.

Still have to 100% Lego City Undercover and AC 3.

I have still to get Pikmin 3 and other 3rd party games.

I have yet to dislike a game I got, every first party release is like they were all made for me. Favorite console atm.

Wow, you guys most have lots of time to play.

I am still juggling ZombiU, SM3DW, DKC TF, LoZ WW HD, and just got Darksiders 2 and W101. I also play Black Ops 2 MP from time to time. Plus on the indie side I must finish Runner 2.

Still have to 100% Lego City Undercover and AC 3.

I have still to get Pikmin 3 and other 3rd party games.

I have yet to dislike a game I got, every first party release is like they were all made for me. Favorite console atm.

I'm on a tight budget. But I do have a $50 eShop card. Is Zombi U still $50 on Nintendo's eShop? I'd love to get it with my eShop card, but not at that price.

atr0cious

I swear if the next free DLC for Sonic Lost Worlds is Metroid-based, I will buy the game. If they don't do it, they are beyond saving, and deserve all the hate they'll get.

Weng

I swear if the next free DLC for Sonic Lost Worlds is Metroid-based, I will buy the game. If they don't do it, they are beyond saving, and deserve all the hate they'll get.
They? Sega, Nintendo or both? No matter who you're talking about, I hope this post is a joke.

atr0cious

They? Sega, Nintendo or both? No matter who you're talking about, I hope this post is a joke.
Only a joke in the hate part, but the second I saw Sonic in Link's clothes, the first thing that came to mind was Metroid. I will buy the game if they do that, but I was more saying it's be stupid if they didn't. A Sonic done Medtroidvania style could be the next evolution of the series if done right.

Effect

Did Lego City Undercover drop in price or something? Something happen to cause a spike in people playing it? I've noticed it showing up on the main plaza when I start my system.

Anyone who says that the Wii U has no games at this point is wrong. Having no games that interest you on Wii U though is another story. I do really like the fact that Indies are making the Wii U a nice place to be right now. First Party Nintendo games plus unique Indie games from developers not influenced by big name, controling, money hungry publishers? Win win scenario.

maxcriden

Did Lego City Undercover drop in price or something? Something happen to cause a spike in people playing it? I've noticed it showing up on the main plaza when I start my system.

It could be a recommendation from Nintendo, I think that's what Wara Wara Plaza is based on.

DVCY201

I just picked up Blacklist and Black Flag for cheap. Thought I'd try Spies vs. Mercs. Within 5 minutes I had some 12 year old yelling at me to restart the hacking, because he died. Oh online, I've missed you so lol.

cacildo

Anyone who says that the Wii U has no games at this point is wrong. Having no games that interest you on Wii U though is another story. I do really like the fact that Indies are making the Wii U a nice place to be right now. First Party Nintendo games plus unique Indie games from developers not influenced by big name, controling, money hungry publishers? Win win scenario.

WiiU has a lot of games.
I have a lot to play, for quite some time.
Im looking forward new games, but aside from MK8, what really gets my attention is Hyrule Warriors

But im left with a certain feeling of dread.... i feel no game, on any plataform, will be better than survival mode on ZombiU

Its extra cheap on Amazon US.

(are you like me in a country where Amazon wont ship therefore depends on the kindness of the eshop?)

I just don't have the cash to spend. I do have a eShop card, though, worth 50.

Why are the digital prices of these games so high compared to the retail versions? It's for 20 bucks on Amazon, wtf.

tebunker

Banned
I just don't have the cash to spend. I do have a eShop card, though, worth 50.

Why are the digital prices of these games so high compared to the retail versions? It's for 20 bucks on Amazon, wtf.

Blame the publishers and developers. Nintendo lets the pubs/devs set their own prices and promotions etc. so only Ubisoft is to blame here which is stupid, but on the other hand I don't blame them for trying to squeeze every penny out of a title.

Retailers are always more apt to clear out stock because stock rotting on the shelf is money lost. This will end up being one of the biggest hurdles for digital going forward. Hopefully Steam can continue to be a market disrupter in this regard and start having more of an impact on console digital stores

Seems like Nintendo stepped in and removed NSMBU and NintendoLand from appearing, probably to give other games a chance of showing. I guess LEGO City was just 'beneath the surface' ? May have gotten a bump from the LEGO Movie (and game, which is also present in the Plaza). Also worth remembering that LEGO City shares a Community with the 3DS version.

woooooow, you missed a 50% off sale by 2 days.

http://blog.ubi.com/ubisoft-wii-u-3ds-sale-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-zombiu-rayman-legends/

there is a sale going on right now with w101, darksiders, and maybe some other games...

W101 and Darksiders aren't on sale, those are permanent drops.

I'm on a tight budget. But I do have a $50 eShop card. Is Zombi U still $50 on Nintendo's eShop? I'd love to get it with my eShop card, but not at that price.

What games do you have to make some other recommendations. I paid 60 for that game and gladly so.

I bought W101 and started playing today, what an awesome game, $30 btw
DKC TF is awesome too and that is $50

jonno394

Just bought a wii u with Mario 3D world and Wind Waker HD
Not much of a lineup but what is there from Nintendo reeks of quality.

Heres hoping E3 brings some pleasant surprises even if it's just HD versions of wii or gamecube games.

jonno394

Hey guys, still waiting on delivery of my Wii U and thinking about investing in some Wii games. Is there a thread for recomendations about which titles are worthwhile being bought?

Volotaire

Hey guys, still waiting on delivery of my Wii U and thinking about investing in some Wii games. Is there a thread for recomendations about which titles are worthwhile being bought?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=39178361
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468168
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=73157776

But priority

Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
Metroid Prime Trilogy /3
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Xenoblade? (I haven't played it)
Punch Out!!

Tenki

maybe, or could just be the unveiling of a big, new character.

So big it couldn't fit in the daily Miiverse post? So big as... Ridley?

eyebrows.gif

Volotaire

Cheers! i'm waiting on buying The Galaxy and Metroid Prime titles just incase HD versions are announced at E3.

Is DKCR on the Wii superior to the new Wii U title?

I can't say I've played Tropical Freeze on the Wii U, but I can say that Returns is a fabulous game regardless. Shame the Metroid Prime Trilogy is very expensive too.

_Clash_

So Devil's Third is a Wii U game at this point right?

Looking forward to hearing something about that one, am hyped for the title.

cacildo

Thats funny

I think i saw the name "JetGetters" a lot last week.

I ignored it until sunday, when i saw about the game in a Nintendo related blog

Then i searched Neogaf... and the thread about it has 1 reply

photo-maineeuj3.jpg

What gives? I thought you guys would be all over it... Low strech goal, could hit WiiU easily...

I've got 19 wii u games and I don't have scribblenauts, lego city, sonic racing or resident evil. Any of these games worth getting?

Scribblenauts
My girlfriend played it on PC (Unlimited, not Unmasked yet) and loved it. It's a cute little game that makes you be creative in figuring it out. I wouldn't see it's an absolute must have but it's definitely a fun game. I played a bit of it myself and it can be quite addicting. I highly suggest watching some Youtube gameplay videos to see if it's your cup of tea.

Lego City
I played this to 100% and loved it. It was addicting and had a pretty hilarious campaign. Don't let the whole LEGO idea turn you off. The load times are only bad when you first start the game to loading it up. After that, entering the police headquarters is the only other slow load times. It's a lot of collecting and craziness. If you can imagine Grand Theft Auto set in a LEGO universe, then you can pretty much understand what this game is about.

Sonic Racing
This will absolutely tide you over until the new Mario Kart. It's fantastic and easily one of the best cart racers made. The tracks are incredible and I love how each lap varies from the last. There are tons of unlockables and it has long legs. I still pick it up occasionally while waiting for Mario Kart 8.

Resident Evil
I played this one PC to completion. This is a lot more true to the roots of the series than the previous entries. This is a 3DS port and looks pretty good still. It was much better than RE5 and RE6 in my opinion. I wouldn't say it's as good as RE4 but it's definitely a good game worth playing if you're a fan of the franchise.

nordique

Wii U Gaf,

I have some general questions about games I'm considering.

I like action games (like Platinum games, good beat em ups like Arkham series) and shooters (3rd/1st person but not stale or too repetetive), tend to enjoy games that take no longer than 10-12 hours or so - anything beyond and I start losing interest. That said, not every action game or shooter interests me. I found games like Pandora's Tower couldn't hold my attention at all beyond the first 30 mins of gameplay. Likewise, well-regarded games like Spec-Ops just didn't interest me and I felt like I was forcing myself to play through it. I eventually gave up and just went on wikipedia to see why the story was so highly regarded.

There are some exceptions to that for me such as Zelda, MGS, Mass Effect series, and recently Xenoblade (don't typically like RPGs but this one has my interest!) But some games like Monster Hunter 3 just aren't my cup of tea...takes too long for me to get going. I also hate games where I need to grind or do collect-a-thons, I found many older gen RPGs and platformers to be like that.

Not sure if this information will be helpful or not, but it should help give an idea of my tastes.

Any of you who have played these games or have similar tastes to me, help a Wii U brotha out!

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - What am I getting with this? Haven't played a Splinter Cell game though since the original ones for the Gamecube/Xbox...and couldn't finish 'em! I found them boring or too slow for my tastes. I do love MGS though, which is overall my favourite non-Nintendo franchise for sure.

Assassin's Creed 4 - I was bored with the first game, third game never hooked me, second game I did enjoy but unfortunately never finished. Not really a fan of the "modern day" story lines, I tend to enjoy the the historical ones though...and pirates seems like something I might enjoy! But is it too slow paced?

Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut - I'm intrigued by the DC. I never played through the original one beyond the first level. I could get the original version on PS+ but its not the Director's Cut version. Is it a great game? How does it differ from the normal version? Is the Wii U version superior in any way? Any gamepad support? Can you play with Pro controller?

Call of Duty: Ghosts - I'm really a single player gamer at heart. I won't ever play online for this game, and its one of the reasons many of the recent CoD's haven't struck a chord with me. But I did enjoy BLOPs & BLOPs 2, the original CoD and the original Modern Warfare (CoD4. not its sequels). How does single player stack up? For me, it would be a 40$ purchase...worth it?

Rayman Legends - I do love platformers. But have never really got into previous Rayman games (though I have tried...2 was supposedly the best but a collect-a-thon...though I know this is a side scroller and I like Mario a lot if that changes anything)

Lego Marvel Heroes - I enjoy these games a bit, but found them much too repetitive. Never completed one. Do like super heroes, and the humour Lego games have, but have they changed the gameplay at all?

Amazing Spider-Man - know nothing about this game. I liked Spiderman 2 and Ultimate Spiderman (last two I played) especially swinging around the city. But wasn't a fan of Spiderman 2 asking me to save everyone a million times (way too much of that, bored me out) - I do love the Batman Arkham games though....I never felt the repetition due to the way combat was engaging, and I just stuck through the main story line. Really enjoyed the Arkham games, actually.

Any help or input from those of you who have these games or played these games would be welcomed.

Or, should I just focus on finishing up Xenoblade and getting through the First Party Nintendo titles?

kunonabi

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - It's a damn fine game aside from the story and it allows for a variety of playstyles so you can certainly play it at a quicker pace if you like. The gamepad could have implemented a little better but I honestly enjoyed it far more than I expected to and it's loaded with stuff to do and unlock.

Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut - Personally, I enjoyed it much more than the regular version which I couldn't be bothered to finish. The gamepad integration works extremely well and made the UI much less clunky although still not perfect. Boss fights were much better and the miiverse stuff is pretty solid. I honestly never used off-tv play because it just worked so well with the two screens and the setup is just great for stealth games. My only real beef is that the dlc chapter sucks and the DC makes you play it as part of the campaign

Rayman Legends - Not sure how you will take to this one but just try and keep in mind that it was designed as co-op platformer from the very beginning.

Now if you like Platinum action games forget all that and just buy wonderful 101.

jholmes

Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut - This game is phenomenal and absolutely gets how to use the Wii U hardware. Great without the GamePad, but even better with it. The DC adds a really cool commentary feature, a big chunk of DLC, changes to how the bosses are fought (more options) and a few other little things. Huge fan of this.

Call of Duty: Ghosts - I really only play single player and I thought the single player in this was fun but maybe nothing exceptional. With that said this is the first CoD I've played (I know, I know) so I'm not the best frame of reference. The online Extinction mode is like Left 4 Dead with aliens, and I played a ton of that.

Rayman Legends - I'm assuming you're Canadian and not just some Winnipeg Jets fan in the U.S. -- this is on sale for $20 at Best Buy right now. I picked it up but didn't get it out of the wrap yet. (Nursing a cold.) With that said if you like platformers, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is also excellent.

Amazing Spider-Man - Never played the original but I've got the sequel on pre-order, and that's out later this month. Maybe I'm crazy for having faith that it'll be as good as it looks, but hey, I'm excited for now.

Top Bottom