• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

Some Nobody

Sorry for the double post, but....y'know, in an odd way I called it with Hyrule Warriors. I wonder if Nintendo will release it stateside around the same time?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Bayo 2 August, Smash November and X December.

I'm thinking this might be release sched from Nintendo:

- Late June or July : Bayonetta 2
- August: ? (HD re-release?)
- September : Hyrule Warriors
- October : X
- November : NFC game + Super Smash

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Famitsu provided a Japanese release date for Hyrule Warriors in the last issue. According to them it will launch on August 14th

Came here to post that myself. I wonder whether there will be any first party Wii U releases between Mario Kart and that (currently there are only 2 third party titles after MK8, One Piece & Kamen Battride)

jmizzal

Came here to post that myself. I wonder whether there will be any first party Wii U releases between Mario Kart and that (currently there are only 2 third party titles after MK8, One Piece & Kamen Battride)

Wii Sports club retail is coming July in japan

My guess on the release dates for NA
July - Wii Sports Club retail
Aug- Hyrule Warriors
Sept- Bayo 2 ( Aug and Sept games could swap)
Oct- X
Nov/Dec - NFC game and Smash Bros.

I could see Yarn Yoshi being Oct, but I think it will be early 2015 like DKCTF

Roo

I just hope they announce a new Metroid game.
I don't mind if I have to wait another year as long as they confirm it's coming :(

Yagami_Sama

Bayonneta 2 is planned to be released on Summer in Japan, according what was informed in the Nintendo Direct, if I recall correctly it will be in between June in September, please correct me if not right and I still think that Smash will be available in the holidays.
In June we have One Piece, Pac Man and Kamen Rider, In July it will be released a new Monster Hunter Frontier Pack. and after that I don't remember anything else.

So if I would guess first party titles :

Bayonneta 2 should come in late September or early October.
Smash Bros, in the Holiday Season
X - Should come after Smash Bros

Yarn Yoshi and Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, my mind refuses to believe that will be release this year. Like the new Zelda, Holiday 2015.

Dream mode :

June - Bayonetta
July - NFC game,
August - Hyrule Warriors, we already know..
September - Bayonneta 2
October - Pokemon Game / Yarn Yosh
November - Smash Bros
December - X

Probably after E3, we have a good sight of the future.

I miss some sport games, Mario Tennis, Golf , Striker. For me Mario Golf / Tennis cross platform sounds good. I mean, A enhanced version for Wii U which communicates with the 3DS version.

Muzy72

Banned
Remember that Hyrule Warriors is a 3rd party game in Japan because it's being published by Tecmo Koei, so it probably doesn't affect NCL's release schedule. So I think NOA's release schedule will look something like this:

Wii Sports Club - August (July in Japan and Europe)
Bayonetta 2 - August (possibly July in Japan and Europe)
Hyrule Warriors - September (August in Japan)
Super Mario Galaxy HD - October
NFP game - October
Super Smash Bros. - November
X - December

Compare that to last year's release schedule:

New Super Luigi U - August (July in Japan and Europe)
Pikmin 3 - August (July in Japan and Europe)
The Wonderful 101 - September (August in July and Europe)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - October
Wii Party U - October
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - November
Super Mario 3D World - November
Wii Fit U - December

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Remember that Hyrule Warriors is a 3rd party game in Japan because it's being published by Tecmo Koei, so it probably doesn't affect NCL's release schedule. So I think NOA's release schedule will look something like this:

Wii Sports Club - August (July in Japan and Europe)
Bayonetta 2 - August (possibly July in Japan and Europe)
Hyrule Warriors - September (August in Japan)
Super Mario Galaxy HD - October
NFP game - October
Super Smash Bros. - November
X - December

Compare that to last year's release schedule:

New Super Luigi U - August (July in Japan and Europe)
Pikmin 3 - August (July in Japan and Europe)
The Wonderful 101 - September (August in July and Europe)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - October
Wii Party U - October
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - November
Super Mario 3D World - November
Wii Fit U - December

I will be totally shocked if X hits this year. That doesn't even register as a longshot possibility for me.

jmizzal

I will be totally shocked if X hits this year. That doesn't even register as a longshot possibility for me.

The game has been listed for 2014 for a while and was just on the recent Nintendo release list, it would be more a surprise to me if it doesnt come out this year.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Was Pushmo Wii U already announed? Nintendo JP uploaded a 10 minute video showing off some games.

Seems like now it's announced. Not sure why Nintendo releases stuff with absolutely no media attention or notice... How are people supposed to know these things are coming?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I hope I can play Mario Kart 8 without needing the gamepad at all. My dog just chewed threw my third(!) gamepad chaging cable, and I'll be lucky to get the new one shipped by Friday.

Riki

May actually be for Majora's Mask 3D (hope it's Zelda Wii U though), I think her father and her were in a OOT 3D commercial if I remember right.

They did a series of them, actually.
This was the best of them.

Nice! Here's hoping it's Zelda related too. Zelda Williams is an all around gamer though so it might not necessarily be for Nintendo.

This is true, but she has a history of working with Nintendo to promote their products.

cafemomo

So I just bought a WiiU an hour ago. Was gonna import a WiiU since it has better Square VC support but I'd figure the region locking will kill me in the long run.
damn thing is updating now which is taking forever.

Bought it with NFS and Zeruda.

Getting MK8 and Warriors Orochi this Friday (and maybe W101)

How does NG3, Ass Efftect 3, and AssCreed IV run on this thing?

How's the online for blops2/ghosts? Is it dead?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I just bought a WiiU an hour ago. Was gonna import a WiiU since it has better Square VC support but I'd figure the region locking will kill me in the long run.

In terms of regular multi platform worth while 3rd party games I'd say check out...

Tekken Tag Tourney 2
Injustice
NFS Most Wanted U
Assassin's Creed IV

wilflare

welcome suppa :D <3

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

I just played through AC4 on the Wii U, and I liked it quite a bit. I'm not sure how the other versions run, but in terms of visuals it seems on par w/ the 360 version apart from some framerate hiccups at times (nothing making it unplayable, just noticeable). I personally find the map on the GamePad pretty useful, since you can zoom in and out on it.

RiggyRob

NOA sitting on it's ass for localization.

And don't misunderstand, I want to be wrong.

noe might be handling all of the gruntwork while noa does other stuff (like localizing tomodachi and smash bros.)

It's a little strange, NOE seems to be quite good with localising JP games into English and yet it should take longer because there are a lot more European languages to translate for.

Gambit

noe might be handling all of the gruntwork while noa does other stuff (like localizing tomodachi and smash bros.)

I really, really hope that's the case. The localisations of Xenoblade and Last Story were great and I was very happy to hear new voices instead of the usual suspects.

Also, I'm an anglophile.

Blops 2 Seems to be fine. Played it today after stopping for awhile. Although TDM seems to be the only thing really played but that's been the case since it was released.

I really, really hope that's the case. The localisations of Xenoblade and Last Story were great and I was very happy to hear new voices instead of the usual suspects.

Also, I'm an anglophile.

agreed
I also enjoyed the infinitely better british accents. They fitted perfectly to Xenoblades surreal traditional-futuristic worlds.

TnK

Get W101, one of the best two games on Wii U (with SM3DW).

Lightning would want you to.

Xeno_V

So, I found the MK8 Wii U Premium bundle for 240 EUR which is kinda tempting because normally it costs around 300 EUR... I was thinking though that maybe I should wait for E3 to see if Nintendo will really support the Wii U because there's always a chance that they will slowly decrease support due to the console's disappointing sales.. If I wait until then, then probably the price will increase again though... Does worrying about something like this make sense?

shanafan

Japanese sales numbers came in and the Wii U finished as the top selling console last week, topping PS4.

Nice seeing a surge in Wii U sales over the course of the past couple months overseas. With titles like MK8 on the horizon, Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros, etc. I think the trend will continue to be positive.

I wish the West got more RPGs that are on the Wii U here, like Dragon Warrior X, so let's hope the positive sales in the East can attract more software to the West

tebunker

Banned
So, I found the MK8 Wii U Premium bundle for 240 EUR which is kinda tempting because normally it costs around 300 EUR... I was thinking though that maybe I should wait for E3 to see if Nintendo will really support the Wii U because there's always a chance that they will slowly decrease support due to the console's disappointing sales.. If I wait until then, then probably the price will increase again though... Does worrying about something like this make sense?
Look I don't know how much more they have say it, but they have gone on record saying that they need to satisfy current customers before ever moving on.

One can reasonably extrapolate that means they will support it through next year and probably well into 2016.

Just by the nature that Smash and MK8 will bring more users, will keep the system afloat. There is a Zelda coming and who knows.

I think you need to turn the table and ask, is there currently enough known content to make me feel the 240€ is justified? If so jump in. Don't stress what may or may not be coming.

We can honestly say it will be while before we know anything more about their next system.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Basically what tebunker said. Buy it based on what the console has now and see if that's enough to justify your purchase. It's not in NIntendo's best interest to completely stop supporting the console since their goal if anything is to start making a profit on it. At the very least, you should likely have the support of Nintendo and indies as it looks at the moment.

Koppai

I don't see Wii U Zelda being out this year. We have never seen any footage of it other than that Zelda demo a long time ago.

Buy it for what is out or will be out within the next few months. Everything else is a pipe dream until we see advertising for said products.

I bought mine when Wind Waker HD came out and have been completely surprised by how amazing the system actually is. Zombie U is an amazing sleeper hit that all gamers should give a chance.

tebunker

Banned
I don't see Wii U Zelda being out this year. We have never seen any footage of it other than that Zelda demo a long time ago.
Yeah I feel we will get a true announce trailer maybe a title and a 2015 release. Not a Christmas 2015 release but not earlier than June.

What is more interesting to me is what fills in those gaps and what other stuff they come up with.

Part of me wishes they had more hd remakes/bundles similar to Sony with all if their collections lately. Not at the WW HD premium either. I feel like it could/would fill out the library to help adopters feel better about the purchase. They wouldn't be for people like us per se, but they would have been an easier way to fill the library

Part of me wishes they had more hd remakes/bundles similar to Sony with all if their collections lately. Not at the WW HD premium either. I feel like it could/would fill out the library to help adopters feel better about the purchase. They wouldn't be for people like us per se, but they would have been an easier way to fill the library

I´d love to see some more of those too...but:

I´d take an all out HD remaster on the same level as WW HD with redone textures and a laundry list of game fixes over Sony´s HD ports (especially the latest Vita ports) every day.

tebunker

Banned
I´d love to see some more of those too...but:

I´d take an all out HD remaster on the same level as WW HD with redone textures and a laundry list of game fixes over Sony´s thrown together HD ports (especially the latest Vita ports) every day.
Me too but I don't want to pay a $20 premium for that. I felt like $30 or $40 was more reasonable

Spux666

Banned
What do you mean by confirmed? Only release date they have ever given for X is 2014 worldwide. This release window has made appearance multiple times. During last Direct they didn't give any date after they showed gameplay trailer which got some people worried I guess.

I could of sworn I saw something about it's release date recently saying that it's still coming out this year. Summer for Japan I think?

jimi_dini

I´d take an all out HD remaster on the same level as WW HD with redone textures and a laundry list of game fixes over Sony´s thrown together HD ports (especially the latest Vita ports) every day.

In Sly Cooper HD remake I even fell through the ground several times. And then there is the broken grip-mechanic in SotC and so on. It seems Sony introduces new bugs instead of fixing issues / making the games actually be better.

I think I even experienced a few framerate issues here and there in Jak & Daxter on PS3. I remember the PS2 version of that game to be at a perfect 60 fps all the time (could be wrong though).

Top Bottom