• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
While true, the same happened with SM3DW. But I'm not betting on it.

Zelda U will NOT be a 2015 title.
They are releasing Hyrule (Nintendo will handle the promotion and distribution for the West) this year. Plus, they still have to release various games already announced. Plus, they struggle with HD development (Namco even helped out with MK8...!!!), plus c'mon the Wii U it's been out on the market for 16 months, we should know how Nintendo in handling it.
That said, there could be an unannounced game releasing in late 14, but it will not be Zelda.

prag16

Banned
Plus, they struggle with HD development (Namco even helped out with MK8...!!!),
I agree that Zelda U won't be a 2014 game, but come on with this. Namco showing up under special thanks or whatever in the credits can't be used as evidence for much at all. And after SM3DW and MK8 we're still gonna beat the "lulz they can't handle 'HD' development" drum?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Zelda U will NOT be a 2015 title.
They are releasing Hyrule (Nintendo will handle the promotion and distribution for the West) this year. Plus, they still have to release various games already announced. Plus, they struggle with HD development (Namco even helped out with MK8...!!!), plus c'mon the Wii U it's been out on the market for 16 months, we should know how Nintendo in handling it.
That said, there could be an unannounced game releasing in late 14, but it will not be Zelda.

Wait, you really don't think it'll even be a late 2015 title? Or do you mean 2014? By 2016 it'd already be 4 years into the Wii U's life cycle without a new Zelda game, which I don't think they've ever done before. I think Zelda will release in 2015.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I meant 2014, sorry. No doom by me, really. And about the hd struggle, I didnt mean that they arent able to do gorgeous games, but that their resources are limited, so they cant release many games per year

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't had anymore issues with my HDD until today, had four races then it "stopped receiving power". Luckily I got MK8 on disc, but I'm worried about the free game I download now.

Some Nobody

So Nintendo fans: How's it feel knowing there's a good possibility you'll have the strongest first party line-up this coming fall? Like, it probably won't even be anything resembling a contest.

patientx

I haven't had anymore issues with my HDD until today, had four races then it "stopped receiving power". Luckily I got MK8 on disc, but I'm worried about the free game I download now.

Change ports ? Mine sometimes does it and I learned to be carefree and regularly change ports...

Scoops

Banned
June - None
July - Wii Sports Club Retail
August - Bayonetta 2
September - Hyrule Warriors
October - Yarn Yoshi
November - X, NFC Game
December - Smash Bros

That would be pretty satisfying.

xandaca

For any U owners in the UK who haven't bought MK8 yet, Zavvi are now selling it for £35 and you can get 5% for registering a new account with a referral code. Kind of a dick move for those of us who pre-ordered from them at full price, but if you've been holding out, now's a good time given the free game promotion from Nintendo.

jimi_dini

June - None
July - Wii Sports Club Retail
August - Bayonetta 2
September - Hyrule Warriors
October - Yarn Yoshi
November - X, NFC Game
December - Smash Bros

That would be pretty satisfying.

NES Remix 1+2 Retail will probably also get released in EU/US this year
please Ninty

Hiltz

I really feel it will be before then. Like late Spring early Summer. So like June or July

Well, the majority of staff on the Zelda team was busy working full time on A Link Between Worlds starting between the end of 2012 - 2013. Aonuma did however, state, that Zelda Wii U was being worked on simultaneously during the development of A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD. We know that over 90 staff worked on ALBW and over 100 staff worked on Skyward Sword.

As most of have read Iwata Asks, not much progress was made on A Link Between Worlds in 2010 - 2011 beyond a simple and rough prototype that used assets from Spirit Tracks by around Fall 2010. The game was not settled to be based on A Link To the Past until May 2012, and a second prototype wasn't made until July 2012. By the end of 2012, the size of the development team finally grew much larger. By late 2013, Nintendo said that the Zelda team was reunited to work fully on the new Zelda Wii U project (since a small amount of staff was working on Wind Waker HD starting at the beginning of the year).

Riki

So Nintendo fans: How's it feel knowing there's a good possibility you'll have the strongest first party line-up this coming fall? Like, it probably won't even be anything resembling a contest.

Par for the course.
As long as I get X this year, I don't care what anyone else has to offer.

Due to my gaming preferences, it will feel like fall 2013. It wasn't even remotely a contest for me last fall either.

A Safe bet for Zelda would be Winter 2015, I think, similar to how it was with Skyward Sword. IIRC, The first detailed trailer for SS was shown in E3 2010. and the game launched winter 2011. I think we'll be getting the first trailer this E3, and the game launching winter 2015.

jmizzal

Saw this on gonintendo - E3Insider website lists Call of Duty: Advanced Warfighter for Wii U
Its a official site
proo.png

http://www.e3insider.com/exhibitor/view/82/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/29661/

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
A Safe bet for Zelda would be Winter 2015, I think, similar to how it was with Skyward Sword. IIRC, The first detailed trailer for SS was shown in E3 2010. and the game launched winter 2011. I think we'll be getting the first trailer this E3, and the game launching winter 2015.

I think it depends on Nintendo's priorities at the moment. If they want to try and give Wii U a push during what will likely be its last holiday season before becoming completely forgotten, they'd go for a mainline Zelda release this winter. This will no doubt cause Zelda U to cannibalize the sales of Hyrule Warriors to some extent, but it may be worth it for the potential small boost in hardware sales.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
the lack of juicy rumors and the small news such as pushmo orld, hyrule update and the gc controller adapter compared to the ohter "nextgen" rumors and news is a bit worring about nintendo e3 output...am I the only one here?

the lack of juicy rumors and the small news such as pushmo orld, hyrule update and the gc controller adapter compared to the ohter "nextgen" rumors and news is a bit worring about nintendo e3 output...am I the only one here?

I like to think they got some of the small stuff out of the way now because they are bringing the noise at E3.

Penguin

Well nothing ever really leaks from Nintendo

And we know most 3rd parties have abandoned ship so not sure where the juicy rumors would even come from

I bought Mario kart 8 and damn it's the most impressive racing game so far this generation so fun and colourful at asolid 60fps!

Question, how do u get a free game tho? In UK.

jblank83

Last year Nintendo told everyone everything by February. Then everyone got mad that they didn't announce anything at E3.

This year Nintendo is waiting til E3 to announce games.

Remember that Hyrule Warriors is a 3rd party game in Japan because it's being published by Tecmo Koei, so it probably doesn't affect NCL's release schedule. So I think NOA's release schedule will look something like this:

Wii Sports Club - August (July in Japan and Europe)
Bayonetta 2 - August (possibly July in Japan and Europe)
Hyrule Warriors - September (August in Japan)
Super Mario Galaxy HD - October
NFP game - October
Super Smash Bros. - November
X - December

This seems likely, maybe not in October, but definitely likely.

Although I've personally been daydreaming about a Super Mario 64 U. I'd love to play through this again with all-new graphics, improved camera, etc. I think it'd be a big seller, even with the current Mario surplus, honestly.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Last year Nintendo told everyone everything by February. Then everyone got mad that they didn't announce anything at E3.

This year Nintendo is waiting til E3 to announce games.

I hope so. I fear that the already announced games could be spread through the entire lifecycle of the console, with just a couple of small additional projects
do you think we'll se fatal frame?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Um, by February? Sure we knew "they were working on a Mario game" by that point, but E3 was the first time they revealed Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. DKC was the complete surprise at that conference.

Hyrule Warriors reveal - 12/18/2013
Sonic Boom reveal - 2/6/2014
Tomodachi Life localization - 4/10/2014
Fatal Frame Wii U Announced - 4/21/2014
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby announced - 5/7/2014
Pullbox World - this past week

This was all between the GBA VC, indies starting to release their games this month and coverage on Mario Kart & Smash.

Why are folks worried? Nintendo hasn't announced many first party titles early this time if you've noticed. If there were no Wii U titles, we would have heard about either 3DS titles or their next system. I think 3DS output is going to be slowing down a bit (apart from Smash) and Wii U output ramping up.

Yagami_Sama

Zelda is not a mystery. We already know that they will show at least, a teaser.
They talked about a 3DS a game, so probably we have more three, I hope all for Wii U.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Zelda is not a mystery. We already know that they will show at least, a teaser.
They talked about a 3DS a game, so probably we have more three, I hope all for Wii U.

zelda is a unannounced game for wiiu.
btw Twitch schedule changed into one unannounced game and three demoes of announced games, so...

Top Bottom