• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

Riki

zelda is a unannounced game for wiiu.
btw Twitch schedule changed into one unannounced game and three demoes of announced games, so...

Actually, they all changed to "Nintendo Demo" which just means it will be Nintendo demoing games that are at E3.
Doesn't really preclude unannounced games or even new reveals (Project 100 was a demo outside of the conference).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Actually, they all changed to "Nintendo Demo" which just means it will be Nintendo demoing games that are at E3.
Doesn't really preclude unannounced games or even new reveals (Project 100 was a demo outside of the conference).

probably they were changing it step by step, then.
btw, I keep my expectations low for now.

Riki

probably they wee changing it ste by step, then.
btw, I keep my expectations low for now.

Well, obviously most if not all of what Nintendo is going to announce will be at the Digital Event. But they've done at least one announcement outside of that every year for a while now.
Though, I think they could limit that to the TreeHouse stuff more than anything.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Went to register Mario Kart 8 on Club Nintendo, but the site messed up, and now I can't enter the PIN again. It didn't go through, and doesn't show that I registered it, so I can't get my free game.

What should I do? Email them?\

EDIT: I went to the Account and Coins section and it worked.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Natsume is going to announce "something" for Wii U (eshop, I presume? Don't know...) at E3.
could be a dedicated Harvest Moon game? I'd like it.

Highwind

Soraya Saga just retweeted Nintendo's E3 tweet. :)

Looks like we're getting more X news. Hopefully a name, story trailer and release date.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Soraya Saga just retweeted Nintendo's E3 tweet. :)

Looks like we're getting more X news. Hopefully a name, story trailer and release date.

I've never doubted about "X" presence at E3..I mean, should really be out this year in Japan and we still have to get its name, its story and its date...

_Clash_

What odds are there on devils third and the rumoured machine head game making an appearance.

Those are some bombs that could drop. Hope they do.

Feindflug

What odds are there on devils third and the rumoured machine head game making an appearance.

Those are some bombs that could drop. Hope they do.

Is Machine Head a developer? that's the first time I've heard such a thing.

About Devil's Third since Spencer already said that MS isn't publishing it and a former THQ guy said that someone is paying for the game I guess it's quite possible that it may be a Wii U exclusive.

Bayo 2 in August/September and Devil's Third in November/December would be amazing. :)

_Clash_

Is Machine Head a developer? that's the first time I've heard such a thing.

About Devil's Third since Spencer already said that MS isn't publishing it and a former THQ guy said that someone is paying for the game I guess it's quite possible that it may be a Wii U exclusive.

Bayo 2 in August/September and Devil's Third in November/December would be amazing. :)

Would be amazing,

Human head studios is the name, linked to a big budget Nintendo game some time ago followed by internet silence. Prey developers.

Feindflug

Would be amazing,

Human head studios is the name, linked to a big budget Nintendo game some time ago followed by internet silence. Prey developers.

The guys who were working on Prey 2 and also did the port of Arkham Origins on the Wii U? that would be quite interesting even though it's the first time I've read about a rumor involving these guys.

I'd love to see Ninty funding exclusive software by western developers, since 3rd party support is pretty much dead at this point Ninty should say fuck it and try to create exclusive games that could cover some holes that the lack of 3rd party support will left. Of course there is always the question of if such a strategy will be worth it but I'd like to see them try plus it doesn't have to be crazy expensive games, Dishonored had a much smaller budget than your usual AAA game IIRC and it was a very good game which got great reviews and did pretty decent sales wise.

Now that I think about it Ninty reviving Prey 2 from the dead would be so good even though it sounds kinda crazy. :p

Did anything ever come of the Tantalus/Straight right port? Last I remember was around the start of the year and it was supposedly from a 'top notch developer' but I haven't seen anything further since then.

jmizzal

Did anything ever come of the Tantalus/Straight right port? Last I remember was around the start of the year and it was supposedly from a 'top notch developer' but I haven't seen anything further since then.

Nothing yet on any of the rumored 3rd party games

Tantalus game
WB Montreal game - It was a linkedin post from a dev saying they are working on a WiiU game
Mature Japanese game - A guy from a website who was in Japan was tweeting about a game he saw out there, he talked about it multiple times, most think its Devils Third
Human Head Game - This game was also on a linkedin I think, it said they were working on a project with Nintendo

Edit: i'll just post how the info that was discovered I dont have links maybe somebody else can do that

BuggyMike

Nothing yet on any of the rumored 3rd party games

Tantalus game
WB Montreal game
Mature Japanese game
Human Head Game

I knew about the Tantalus game, but never heard anything about the rest of these. Would you mind pointing me in the direction where I can find out more?

Genuinely shocked that a Ubisoft published Tetris game is skipping Wii U. Madness.

Hoping that given Nintendo platforms history with the franchise, that EA will bring the U some Star Wars titles.

Didn't know where else to ask this, short of PM'ing a mod, (probably the next step if nothing comes out of this) so here it goes.

It has to do with WiiU games (not 2014-specific though) so at least I don't feel like an a** completely derailing the thread :p

Would sharing a -very- simple android app I'm working on, named WiiUGameDB, be considered a violation of TOS?

It's basically a database of WiiU game information such as Publisher,Dev,Local/Online Multiplayer support, Native Res, Off-TV, etc that runs offline. (required initial import to DB can be done online or offline - after that it's offline all the way)

Also I'm not a professional dev and not even using the android SDK - it was made in App Inventor.

I thought some folks here could find it useful, and if it's not a direct violation of TOS, I'll give you guys a link to the apk and some more info.

evanmisha

Didn't know where else to ask this, short of PM'ing a mod, (probably the next step if nothing comes out of this) so here it goes.

It has to do with WiiU games (not 2014-specific though) so at least I don't feel like an a** completely derailing the thread :p

Would sharing a -very- simple android app I'm working on, named WiiUGameDB, be considered a violation of TOS?

It's basically a database of WiiU game information such as Publisher,Dev,Local/Online Multiplayer support, Native Res, Off-TV, etc that runs offline. (required initial import to DB can be done online or offline - after that it's offline all the way)

Also I'm not a professional dev and not even using the android SDK - it was made in App Inventor.

I thought some folks here could find it useful, and if it's not a direct violation of TOS, I'll give you guys a link to the apk and some more info.

You mean like an app version of this?

You mean like an app version of this?

Something similar - using their covers actually.

Looks like this:

wiiugamedb_ui_1plaw6.png
wiiugamedb_ui_2nxx5n.png
wiiugamedb_ui_3f0orc.png

So far this year I've been using My WiiU far more than my xbox one. Actually starting to regret spending the money on it.

Bayonetta 2, is it still scheduled for this year? Getting impatient, I know Mario Kart etc will fill the void but want my Bayo 2!

Hope they have a killer limited edition.

So far this year I've been using My WiiU far more than my xbox one. Actually starting to regret spending the money on it.

Bayonetta 2, is it still scheduled for this year? Getting impatient, I know Mario Kart etc will fill the void but want my Bayo 2!

Yeah, it'll come out this year. My guess is it will be the next retail first party Wii U game.

It should be out this year, and it will be amazeballs.

Blues1990

Natsume is going to announce "something" for Wii U (eshop, I presume? Don't know...) at E3.
could be a dedicated Harvest Moon game? I'd like it.

I would be happy if they have announced Wild Guns & Pocky & Rocky for the Wii U Virtual Console. Both games are super fun, but are incredibly expensive to purchase for the SNES.

Danneee

I would be happy if they have announced Wild Guns & Pocky & Rocky for the Wii U Virtual Console. Both games are super fun, but are incredibly expensive to purchase for the SNES.

I'd be surprised if we get any new VC SNES releases with how Nintendo is handling the VC now.

The story is that the dude who posted that got it from his drunk girlfriend...

But as people have pointed out, that looks like a guy's thumb.

Looks like the text from the opposite side or next page is almost showing though. Maybe with photoshop filter it can be made readable... but I'm not doing it.

Someone zoom in and find out what those slightly visible words say underneath. If it's anything believable then we'll see. This is almost TOO predictable to be true but who knows.

Lol at the list. That Kotaku story of the man who makes up rumors about the gaming industry for fun (and is very successful in it) comes to mind.

I have decided that is a man's thumb with a painted nail. It seems this man is going to great lengths to prove his "drunk girlfriend" story is true. Or he just likes to paint his nails. Nothing wrong with that. But seriously the more I look at this the more fake it seems. Nintendo always seems to get the bulk of the fake E3 rumors.

Top Bottom