• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the comparision between the ps360 version of BO2 and wiiu. The wii u seems sharper but ps360 seem more colorful

Anyways, why is there no video of Tekken Wii u yet? Is it really that unpopular?

AzaK

Man, every video I've seen of a game, app or option loading takes forever to load on the Wii U. I'm flabbergasted at how that could pass for acceptable.

1up

Anyone know how to activate MiiVerse on Nintendo Land or Mario?

I did the initial setup, but its not taking to the games.

It's weird that no one is reporting about whether Wii homebrew can be installed in Wii mode, but I read that homebrew won't be kept over from a system transfer, so that's question 2 half answered.

Best place to keep an eye out for any news on this would be here. The official Homebrew channel page isn't updated very often, but I guarantee the moment you hear about Wii mode being hacked it'll be there.

Bastion

Do external hard drives need to be formatted when plugged into the WiiU? I have a bunch of files on my external hard drive and don't want to lose anything.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
If nothing else, I think TTT2 Wii U might be the one to get. Dem costumes.

A stick would be nice though.

Yes! This version needs more love. And if you really need one, you can get a cheap hori or madcatz wii stick that should work with the game. Will test when I get my copy in.

Watched the comparision between the ps360 version of BO2 and wiiu. The wii u seems sharper but ps360 seem more colorful

Anyways, why is there no video of Tekken Wii u yet? Is it really that unpopular?

Giantbomb was doing a stream of it and it looked great! But it doesn't look like a lot of people on these forums are getting this game. I will have it once my newegg order ships (hopefully tomorrow morning).

Anyone know if newegg is going to fulfill these pro controller orders any time soon? The new date on the site is obviously a placeholder but I hope it's a mistake.

metroid game in nintendo land is awesome.

also, hidden easter egg, if you are playing a game and you switch over to the browser and do a search it will auto populate your search term to be the game you are playing

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
So when the Wii U freezes.... You cant just hold the power button (on pad or console) to turn it off..? Am I missing something? Do I really have to pull the plug?

Do external hard drives need to be formatted when plugged into the WiiU? I have a bunch of files on my external hard drive and don't want to lose anything.

Yes, and any partitions will be wiped. The Wii U can only see the drive as a whole and will ask you if you want to format the entire thing.

Medalion

Banned
Man, every video I've seen of a game, app or option loading takes forever to load on the Wii U. I'm flabbergasted at how that could pass for acceptable.
I am not trying to make excuses for Nintendo, I found it quite unbearable to watch last night too

But I find the more I use the system and switch between the apps, the faster it gets probably because the apps are cached in the background instead of being full on closed, I dunno

Krakatoa

Holy shit downloading a game takes for ever.

I grabbed Zombiu (5gb) it took about an hour and a half to download. When it finally finished. I thought at last...only to find out it takes another hour to install, wtf Nintendo.

Still waiting for it to install.

So if you are planning on going digital..be prepared to wait for your games.

Instro

Holy shit downloading a game takes for ever.

I grabbed Zombiu (5gb) it took about an hour and a half to download. When it finally finished. I thought at last...only to find out it takes another hour to install, wtf Nintendo.

Still waiting for it to install.

So if you are planning on going digital..be prepared to wait for your games.

That sounds like pretty typical speed for a game download.

thisis4neogaf

Neo Member
I am not trying to make excuses for Nintendo, I found it quite unbearable to watch last night too

But I find the more I use the system and switch between the apps, the faster it gets probably because the apps are cached in the background instead of being full on closed, I dunno

From Nintendo:

Why does my system take so much time to launch an application?
We are aware that users are experiencing load times when they launch or switch between applications. We are exploring ways to enhance features for consumers’ overall experience.

Okay... I guess.

alf717

Anyone have the hr34 from directv and having trouble pairing it up? I went through every signal type and its a no go.

I had to change my receiver settings to IR mode. After that it works great. I'm using an HR-21 work on a HR-22 as well.

Drago

HALP

So my tv sucks and the image from the WiiU is blown up by quite a bit on my tv (in comparison to the GamePad) and there is no option on my tv to set image size.

Then, lo and behold, there is an option to set the screen size in the Miiverse profile options. Is there any way to do this to the entire system and not just the Miiverse app?!

TheChits

Kind of a silly question, but is there anyway to turn down the gamepad volume? Nano assault on the gamepad is destroying my ears

Medalion

Banned
HALP

So my tv sucks and the image from the WiiU is blown up by quite a bit on my tv (in comparison to the GamePad) and there is no option on my tv to set image size.

Then, lo and behold, there is an option to set the screen size in the Miiverse profile options. Is there any way to do this to the entire system and not just the Miiverse app?!

Yes, in the settings, TV functions

Kind of a silly question, but is there anyway to turn down the gamepad volume? Nano assault on the gamepad is destroying my ears

There is a volume slider on top of the gamepad on the right

So after playing with WiiU for a few hours I wanna post what I like and dislike about the system.

+The Miiverse forums.
-Nintendo Moderating it. I've heard that they even took down a profile bio of someone advertising their twitter? Wtf? Whats the point of having a follow option if you can't advertise like you can on twitter? Not to mention having to be careful to not swear when posting...
+NSMBU look Beautiful. So does Nano Assault. Even ZombiU looks great.
-For some reason my tv is cutting off the edges of whats being displayed on the WiiU. This does not happen to my 360 (which is also connected via HDMI) or PS3. Someone else posted the problem and a couple people said to change your tv's resolution but that doesn't work. Someone also suggested using the adjust screen on Miiverse and eShop but its the entire system thats a problem, not just those two apps.
+The Unyeah button.
-No Wii games on the Activity Log, AL can't be sorted by year or by total, no average playtimes either. Wtf?
+The AL existing at all.
+Being able to do everything without a TV except when games need it.
+And when games need it, its executed perfetcly with ZombiU.
+Miiverse isn't littered with spam!
-Long loading times.
-Miiverse keeps going completely out, can't post my NSMBU "Accomplishments."
+The White system and controller look awesome.
-Long update time. It should never be that long.
-Being dissapointed that theres no game icon intro like there is with you hover over a 3DS Menu icon.
+Only to be happy and see that each game has a unique transition into the game. Holy shit that was cool.
+You can register friends without the, registering you!

So yea. Really like the system, it would be perfect if they could just fix the load times. And add a handheld style sleep function.

Dartastic

How do you get the picture to your gamepad screen exclusively on certain games? I thought it was supported in Assassins Creed 3, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Going on 3 hours and my update looks to be about at 85%.

*sigh*

spadge

Is there a list of devices compatible with the Wii U's IR controller? I've got a Onkyo AV receiver and a Samsung Projector, And I doubt it will pick up properly.

Darko

-For some reason my tv is cutting off the edges of whats being displayed on the WiiU. This does not happen to my 360 (which is also connected via HDMI) or PS3. Someone else posted the problem and a couple people said to change your tv's resolution but that doesn't work. Someone also suggested using the adjust screen on Miiverse and eShop but its the entire system thats a problem, not just those two apps.

same thing here... any solution?

Krakatoa

n.
Turn of over scan on your TV.

No one has run into the volume issue I described earlier? After getting the universal remote set up the tv volume is erratic when watching something else, regardless of whether the wii u and gamepad is on or not.

zashga

I'm surprised how much better the e-shop is this time around. It was always pretty bad on Nintendo's previous systems, but this one seems pretty competent.

Anyone picked up the new Switch Force port? Always kinda wanted that on 3ds; maybe I'll pick it up on WiiU instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom