• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Wii U] Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed framerate issues fixed

No. I read somewhere that it won't be until the game's launch, baring some huge leak.

I see, thanks. I just hope they didn't drop characters from the first--I hate when they do that in sequels. Wonder if we'll see a Panzer Dragoon character to match the stage?

NFreak

Oh dang, I didn't know the Wii U version had those extra features. 5 player split screen? Sounds awesome. Was going to pick up the PC version but I think I may settle for the Wii U version now.

Eric C

What controllers does the Wii U version support?

Wii U GamePad is obvious.

I'm assuming WiiMotes and WiiMote+Nunchuk like the Wii game, and those new wireless Wii U Pro controllers.

Will it also support the Wii Classic Controller that plugs into the WiiMote?

Boerseun

Banned
Simple - by having Mario in it.
$$$

lol

I don't mean in terms of sales.

This game is loaded with content and seems quite capable technically-speaking. Nintendo will really have to pull something special out of the hat to beat what Sega has done here, simply in terms of what's on offer. That is, of course, presuming Sonic Racing 2 is a good game. But going by the first one I presume it will be.

RoyalFool

Banned
Still no sign of Ryo? Come on Sumo - you better be hiding a Shenmue track in there to make up for this torture!

Can't wait to get my mitts on it, was going to bail for the Wii U version but by the time I've factored in the price for the other controllers for the kids. I don't suppose I can use the old pro controller/wii-mote on the new system can I?

Still no sign of Ryo? Come on Sumo - you better be hiding a Shenmue track in there to make up for this torture!

Can't wait to get my mitts on it, was going to bail for the Wii U version but by the time I've factored in the price for the other controllers for the kids. I don't suppose I can use the old pro controller/wii-mote on the new system can I?

I'd assume wii remotes work, surely?

Mesoian

I see, thanks. I just hope they didn't drop characters from the first--I hate when they do that in sequels. Wonder if we'll see a Panzer Dragoon character to match the stage?

They...did. Don't expect to see the chuchu's, Zombio and Zombiko, Billy Hatcher or Alex Kid. Maybe as DLC down the line but...

RM8

^ Wow, you just informed me Alex Kidd isn't returning. Oh man, I'll be switching characters... and if he becomes DLC I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing that on 3DS, which is the version I'm buying. Gillius, Joe, AiAi or Amy Rose, then :/

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
They...did. Don't expect to see the chuchu's, Zombio and Zombiko, Billy Hatcher or Alex Kid. Maybe as DLC down the line but...

No Alex Kid? Really? I'd alway figured him as a Sega staple.

Yka

Nice, but does anybody know what the "target framerate" is? I hope it's 60fps!

I just want to know one thing. Solid 60 fps or solid 30 fps?

*Hoping* that target framerate is 60fps not 30fps, and the Wii-U version hits that when playing single player or online.

Target framerate is 30fps.

Eurogamer 4.30.2012:

"The demo looked lovely but suffered from a chugging frame-rate. Sumo's aiming for a solid 30 frames per second in the final game (the water physics rule out 60fps)."

Wikipedia:

"The console and PlayStation Vita versions run on a new internal engine, codenamed "Sumo", at 30 fps, while the 3DS version is being built from the ground up."

"The development team cites Wave Race and Hydro Thunder as their inspirations for the water-based racing segments."

I love Wave Race and Hydro Thunder so I might be able to accept the 30fps framerate, if the game still "feels good to play" and the framerate is stable.

Just don't make this a habit, Sumo! I love my 60fps arcade racing games (F-Zero GX, Mario Kart series, etc.)!

Is the PC version of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed able to reach 60fps, S0L?

How about the 3DS version? Mario Kart 7 is 60fps and the graphics look good...

A.E Suggs

Framerate was the only thing lacking to make this the ultimate version:
zBwgV.png

22 characters? Alright who told me that rumor of there being 29 characters so I can have a nice word with them for getting my hopes up.

@MUWANdo

Banned
22 characters? Alright who told me that rumor of there being 29 characters so I can have a nice word with them for getting my hopes up.

It's not a rumour--the total roster is 29, but no one version of the game will contain all 29 characters due to platform exclusives and whatnot.

Also, the poster says "22 classic SEGA" characters, so if you add Ralph/Danica/Mii, that's 25. I can't remember what the total confirmed SEGA roster is ATM, so I don't know how many are still to be revealed.

Tizoc

Ralph and Danica are cross platform, not exclusives. That'd be mental :p

We've got a new trailer coming soon, as we get closer to release expect more noise from SEGA. We're too busy finishing the game though right now to do much in the way of shouting.

Obligatory 'SEGA SATURN SHIRO' here too :)

---
S0L
---

Neat, looking forward to it =D Whenever my nephews come to visit the first All-Stars Racing is the game they always want to play on my PS3, so I expect them to love this game as well.
Especially the offline co-op campaign, that'll save me time having to do new races for them.

A.E Suggs

It's not a rumour--the total roster is 29, but no one version of the game will contain all 29 characters due to platform exclusives and whatnot.

Also, the poster says "22 classic SEGA" characters, so if you add Ralph/Danica/Mii, that's 25. I can't remember what the total confirmed SEGA roster is ATM, so I don't know how many are still to be revealed.

Ok someone did say that no one version would have all the characters. Even then all the regular sega characters haven't been revealed so that means there's probably more guest stars after the 25 for it to make 29.

I was originally going to get this for PC, but I really want to start up a decent Wii U library that will last me a few months, so I'm definitely getting this!

A.E Suggs

Ok now that I think about it you told me that info lol.

-> Sonic - Sonic the Hedgehog
->Tails - Sonic the Hedgehog II
->Knucles - Sonic the Hedgehog III
->Amy - Sonic the Hedgehog CD
->Dr Eggman of Sonic the Hedgehog
->Shadow of Sonic Adventure II
->Beat of Jet Set Radio Future
->BD Joe de Crazy Taxi
->Aiai de Super Monkey Ball
->Amigo de Samba de Amigo
->Joe Musashi de Shinobi
->Vyse de Skies of Arcadia
->Gilius de Golden Axe
->Ralph Animated movie: Wreck-It Ralph
->Nights de Nights into Dreams
->Danica Patrick, real character and NASCAR driver
->Metal Sonic de Sonic CD
->Reala de Nights into Dreams
->Gum de Jet Set Radio

So if we subtract Ralph,Mii and Danica we'd be at 16 characters classic sega characters and that'd leave us with 6 sega characters left to be revealed. The others would have to be console exclusive guest but damn that's a lot of guest/exclusive characters, hopefully at some point some of them will be DLC if they aren't tied to a first party console.

Roo

Ok now that I think about it you told me that info lol.

-> Sonic - Sonic the Hedgehog
->Tails - Sonic the Hedgehog II
->Knucles - Sonic the Hedgehog III
->Amy - Sonic the Hedgehog CD
->Dr Eggman of Sonic the Hedgehog
->Shadow of Sonic Adventure II
->Beat of Jet Set Radio Future
->BD Joe de Crazy Taxi
->Aiai de Super Monkey Ball
->Amigo de Samba de Amigo
->Joe Musashi de Shinobi
->Vyse de Skies of Arcadia
->Gilius de Golden Axe
->Ralph Animated movie: Wreck-It Ralph
->Nights de Nights into Dreams
->Danica Patrick, real character and NASCAR driver
->Metal Sonic de Sonic CD
->Reala de Nights into Dreams
->Gum de Jet Set Radio

So if we subtract Ralph,Mii and Danica we'd be at 16 characters classic sega characters and that'd leave us with 6 sega characters left to be revealed. The others would have to be console exclusive guest but damn that's a lot of guest/exclusive characters, hopefully at some point some of them will be DLC if they aren't tied to a first party console.

Would be cool if besides the Miis, Mario and Luigi were guests too

ksdixon

hold up... when did Shinobi get announced?

Whom are we likely looking at as console exclusives?

WiiU: Mario, Mii, Donkey Kong?
Xbox 360: Banjo Kazooie, Avatar?
PSN: Crash? Sackboy?

A.E Suggs

I think the rumour was that they asked for Kirby but were turned down.

Why him of all characters I wonder.

A long time ago that's as much as I can tell ya. Somehow I doubt crash will get in since he didn't make psas, but I can see sackboy making it and (as much as I don't want him) cole from infamous.

I think your WIIU and 360 choices maybe spot on, but I'd bet that they can get master chief as well since halo has vehicles that they can easily design into land, air, water.

ksdixon

It was a 25th anniversary thing, I think.

As for Sackboy... isn't there a LBP kart racer coming out soon? Would they really allow him to show up in a competing game?

I would have thought the cross promotion would be beneficial? Those who like LBP and play their karting game might give SART a try based on Sackboy's inclusion, or the reverse.

Tizoc

For PS it'll prob. be Sackboy...even though Crash would be an awesome addition ;.;

Top Bottom