• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

Gartner2.jpg

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Watch your back, bada!!

Edit: front, my brother is leaning towards the 8X over the iPhone 5 for his upgrade, are there any build quality issues or big problems/bugs he should be aware of?

bedlamite

WRT the software issues the 920's having, I'm sure Nokia will sort it out soonish. The 800 launched with terrible battery life and borked audio, over time these issues were all resolved.

Izuna

Banned
What are the benefits of syncing a live ID versus not syncing? I don't think my wife even has a live account. I do for email and Xbox live ...

Well I dunno the full link, but you cab make any email address your LIVE ID on (I think) passport.net

Including Gmail, though I would suggest making a new @outlook account.

So you guys really want "Windows Phone 8 |OT|" instead of "Windows Phone |OT3|"?

I don't care to be honest, but it would be nice to not be stuck in purgatory with all the new people coming in. Also I am tired of checking both threads ....

I prefer Windows Phone |OT3| if only because of consistency with the Android OT and not leaving out 7.x.

I am sure the 5 peoples that have Windows Phone 7 won't mind checking in the new thread....

toff74

I don't care to be honest, but it would be nice to not be stuck in purgatory with all the new people coming in. Also I am tired of checking both threads ....

I am sure the 5 peoples that have Windows Phone 7 won't mind checking in the new thread....

Being one of this 5 I feel highly offended!!!

In all seriousness i'd prefer a new Windows Phone 8 thread..

it'll keep you WP8 riff-raff out!

thirty

Banned
Can't believe IE hasn't made any improvements on "favorites" management. Alphabetical order, that's it? Did I miss a setting?

Milchjon

Heh. I like yours as well. Why note combine them. "Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo, we have a problem. I wish it ran Android."

If we absolutely have to go snarky, the simple "I wish it ran Android" sounds better to me. Especially since Apollo is not something others will know about.

frontieruk

Watch your back, bada!!

Edit: front, my brother is leaning towards the 8X over the iPhone 5 for his upgrade, are there any build quality issues or big problems/bugs he should be aware of?

I've seen complaints of light leakage from the screen edge/usb port but I've not experienced it, there seems to be a reboot bug also, but that seems to be affecting the 920s also so could be an OS issue rather than OEM issue.

I've seen complaints of light leakage from the screen edge/usb port but I've not experienced it, there seems to be a reboot bug also, but that seems to be affecting the 920s also so could be an OS issue rather than OEM issue.

I thought the light leakage dude later mentioned that he had dropped the phone?

i can't connect to my microsoft account, any idea why? i can sign in on hotmail.com, my xbox and it's being used by my old phone but it says:
Can't connect: we're having a problem when signing in. Make sure you have a good reception. If you do, the problem may be the other end. Wait a little while and try again.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
where's your phone?

Im so full of rage right now. Im giving them until 3pm, then I'm leaving work early and heading into the nearest post office to yell at them until someone tells me where my fucking phone is. Been "out for delivery" for 4 hours, I live in a tiny frickin island!

zorbsie

Any recommendations for a weather app with a good live tile?

EDIT: Did a thread search. Going to check out weatherlive and weather flow. Any free options out there?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Got my 920 at the second store I called. Love it so far, even though it is black :)
The Rogers I went to was pretty good. They had Windows ads up, display models and the clerk used a 710 as work phone. She said most of the staff was going to be getting an 8X.

Edit: :lol funny that you posted just before me.

Milchjon

Got my 920 at the second store I called. Love it so far, even though it is black :)
The Rogers I went to was pretty good. They had Windows ads up, display models and the clerk used a 710 as work phone. She said most of the staff was going to be getting an 8X.

Congrats! Pretty soon I'll be the only one left behind.

Although I guess there's always brotkasten.

cube444

:lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that free Nokia wireless charger site will work in Canada on Friday. Nice that it comes with headphones with Rogers.

Toyed around a little today with several WP8 devices.

Lumia 820: Suprised that I liked it that much in person. I feel that the very basic formfactor and relatively small bezel work well for a mid-range phone a little too expensive though . Screen looked great, even though the resolution could be better.

Lumia 920: Hot device. Feels fantastic in your hands, like a great quality product. Dont know where the OMG HEAVY stuff comes from. Screen felt a little too big for me, since I am only used to using my 4" Omnia 7, so that would need some readjusting but the resolution is fantastic and the curved glass makes it look a lot better than 900. Dislike the huge bezel at the bottom though.

HTC 8x: Feels much much slimmer than 920, probably because of the curved back. The phone did feel a little cheaper, but it still is one of the best looking devices out there atm.

This was the first time I ever used Windows Phone 8 and the fake profiles in demo units work great, felt very natural moving around in the OS and I did not mind the new start screen at all, as I thought I would.

zedge

Nice.
Which store? Also did you buy outright? How much?

Izuna

Banned
So after a few days with my new Lumia 800 I'm committed to WP7.x until next year. I also went back to hold the 920 again and tbh, it's really not too large at all. It may be the largest phone you ever pick up, but my gosh is the screen beautiful.

The curved feel of the Nokia phones is something you'll get used to quickly and not want to change. My GF's 4S for example is uncomfortable now, because I like to grip the phone fully instead of have it flat on my palm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom