• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Jobbu 8

ihnYx7mx2hOYj.jpg

ibhzPITHxffFGU.jpg

Pretty decent episode, it had the imoutos AND the lovely Mori-san. She's so beautiful.

Sgt. Keroro Episode 212 or "The one with K66, G66, 723, 556 and K"

No episode 211 as it wasn't on the episode list I have.

This episode was amazing. I wish I could gif some of the moments because these pictures don't capture half of the great stuff on display here. Also 556 is one of the best characters, screw the haters!

Bakuman 3 - 21
tumblr_inline_miwn85FBBk1qz4rgp.png

Seems odd how a decision is made to choose an anime adaptation. Would a chief editor say yes to every series, I cant imagine there was ever an issue with Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Toriko....I wonder if JACK is going through this now, with Haikyuu!!, Psi Kusuo, an Assassination Classroom getting anime adaptations...Oh well, cant wait for next episode to see which it is.

Hot springs was funny.

Tamako Market 06

6th episode of tamako maket for me.
I don't have many problem with the fact that there is no "plot" in sght and this seem like a typical Slice of life anime because the characters are still intresting.
However i dunno , why it seems like it's missing something ..something making this show better or funnier.

Tamako%20Market%20-%2006_01.jpg

And why not ?
For this episode , i have a hard time to be into the antics ..it's ok, cute even ..but somehow it's just that ..the character state the obvious and sometimes it's so obvious that it's barely intresting. The casting is nice and teh show is beautifull , the choice of music excellent , yet i'm not in the groove ..there is this overall feelign of disapointment in my head.
and i don't know why .

Tamako%20Market%20-%2006_02.jpg

Ok but since when ghosts are dumb ? ( this was supposed to be a pun , but for me this one fall because it's not well made )

Tamako market is nice but i have such a hard times to get into it ..i can't help but to compare them to other show and i feel like i'm missing something.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 09

http://i.imgur.com/kntL3Tr.gif

Kobayashi alert. Kobayashi alert.

So of course, she made the episode. What's not to love with a stalking girl who looks like a cat and has a cat theme deck. Why can't she and that superhero kid be the stars and do well anything than what we have now.
Dat cat-girl Kobayashi.

Tamako Market 8
TWNnNWnl.jpg

RIP Dera.

It's interesting to see this show operate in terms of what it's doing with each of the characters. Clearly the market has become a focal point for these characters to get together and become connected to each other, and Choi is certainly not an exception.

I just wonder how interested they are in the endgame at all though. They keep showing it, what with Dera's camera and this "scent", but the show doesn't seem to be all that interested in that arc. The fact that Choi is welcomed into the market community as easily as Dera is a testament to what the show seems to be about anyhoo.

----

GJ-bu 8
3m0LtSTl.jpg

You know, for a fanservice element, it was weird how the Chess-girl was not shown in a bikini and this is the only indication that she's even in the room. I wonder if that's just some in-joke that I'm completely missing.

Ultimadrago

Tamako Market 5-6

Neither as good as episode 3.
Don't do this, Tamako Market.

On episode 6, It's unfortunate that the show seems to be at its weakest when the market owners create commune. It's about the whole market, having those scenes host some of the better moments of the show wouldn't hurt (on the contrary, in fact). After having episodes on hold for a while I'd like better. Thankfully, there was at least a little more Kanna time than usual.

Encouragement of Climb Episode 8

dundun0tuls.png

They are going to do it.

They are doing it.

Shergal

Usagi Drop 5

zurakousagidrop05v2bd72.jpg

:D

This show is so relaxing and subdued, I love it. I think the restrained voice acting helps a lot, not just for Rin, but for every character. It feels very unlike most anime in that regard.

When I read Okiura was animating something in this episode I was expecting something... I don't know, longer? What's the fun in bringing those beasts in if they're going to do an irrelevant 5 second cut?
The after-credits scene was really really good though, very lively and expressive. I wonder who animated that. I liked how it did Daikichi being caught "off-guard" by Rin, instead of typical wide eyes+"eh?" it was much more literal and restrained. Goes well with the show.

Shergal

Tamako Market 5-6

It's unfortunate that the show seems to be at its weakest when the market owners create commune. It's about the whole market, having those scenes host some of the better moments of the show wouldn't hurt

That's strange, I thought the scenes with the whole cast in them were among the best, not only in ep 6 but throughout the show. They balance them pretty nicely whilst maintaining a threshold level of individuality for each one, and they play off each other well in my opinion.

Tamako market 07

This was much much better ..the bird lies and the "plots" were kinda good.

Now this kind of character interraction i can get behind !

That's strange, I thought the scenes with the whole cast in them were among the best, not only in ep 6 but throughout the show. They balance them pretty nicely whilst maintaining a threshold level of individuality for each one, and they play off each other well in my opinion.

I honnestly think this ep6 was weak in term of characters.

Jintor

God I can't wait for Skullgirls on PC

I'd probably never play it just like I do with my Skullgirls on XBLA, but damn that's a good game

cajunator

Banned
If by entertaining you mean brain numbingly stupid and infuriating then yeah.

If I'm honest, I dontl ike the whole idea of kickstarters. People willingly pay in but the problem is if the project does get underway suddenly there is an enormous amount of people who expect something in return. Too much success is not good for an upstart due to problems filling quotas.

Straight Title Robot Anime 4
The improv scene wasnt as funny as last time but still made me laugh a bit. The head mirrors being in fashion and what mori is into made me laugh. First half, Kato short circuiting never gets old, and the robot simulation segment, that strong wind causing the missiles to do a come back at the robots was funny. lol.

I wonder if the anime would be just as good in the style drawn for the end episode moments.

zeroshiki

If I'm honest, I dontl ike the whole idea of kickstarters. People willingly pay in but the problem is if the project does get underway suddenly there is an enormous amount of people who expect something in return. Too much success is not good for an upstart due to problems filling quotas.

They should do it like Penny Arcade and literally just outright tell people that they're being scammed. They're happy and the people who get retweeted or whatever are also happy. Win-win.

Moonlight

Banned
They are, but it's hard for real discourse to occur when the response is a literal refusal to believe anything contrary to their position.

Mature

Macross: Do You Remember Love?
I12mRhT.jpg

That was quite different than I expected, actually!

Not in a entirely good or bad way per se, but actually fundamentally different. I guess I was expecting a more condensed version of the TV series set forth in movie form, but instead got more of a Escaflowne: The Movie(Speaking of this, anyone know how good the NA Blu-Ray of this is?) version of the events of SDF Macross. It also fell into the same pitfalls that I think detracted from Escaflowne. Specifically, character motivations. While Hikaru is still Hikaru and Minmay is still Minmay (perhaps something that differentiates it from the Escaflowne film) there circumstances make there burning emotions feel a bit more... contrived. I think the most charming thing about the romance between Minmay and Hikaru was a sort of childhood friend-esq dynamic. In SDF Macross, Hikaru knew and fell into these situations with Minmay when she was a nobody. This made the struggle between her choosing her fame and idolship over Hikaru more profound. I always thought "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" was this (barely) subconscious and pivotal love letter that she couldn't address herself because she was naive and forced into love with Kaifun, but since it existed before she even met Hikaru, it's just sort of there. But because Hikaru didn't know Minmay before she was a star it's almost a bit superficial. He doesn't have skin in the game, it's just "Do I pick this cute idol or Misa."
The correct answer is ALWAYS Misa by the way.

(Here's a new one for the "People eating burgers while others die" folder)
tmRLlE9l.jpg
XGjd1gHl.jpg

This sort of nitpicking aside, the movie was certainly above average. The story wasn't anything special; the whole Zentradi bloodline stuff was a bit silly when you compact it. Visually, it was about as good as it gets. Absolutely beautiful Haruhiko Mikimoto characters in their purest form. God tier mechanical art and animation— everything you might expect. All in all, I think DYRL stands better as a companion piece to the original saga than it's own stand alone entity. I can't imagine showing it to someone and them having any idea whats going on. This being said, I do think the movie is a bit overrated. It doesn't hold a candle to the entire package of Macross Plus, but to even be held by a similar standard is enough to put it down as legendary.

cajunator

Banned
Macross: Do You Remember Love?
I12mRhT.jpg

That was quite different than I expected, actually!

Not in a entirely good or bad way per se, but actually fundamentally different. I guess I was expecting a more condensed version of the TV series set forth in movie form, but instead got more of a Escaflowne: The Movie(Speaking of this, anyone know how good the NA Blu-Ray of this is?) version of the events of SDF Macross. It also fell into the same pitfalls that I think detracted from Escaflowne. Specifically, character motivations. While Hikaru is still Hikaru and Minmay is still Minmay (perhaps something that differentiates it from the Escaflowne film) there circumstances make there burning emotions feel a bit more... contrived. I think the most charming thing about the romance between Minmay and Hikaru was a sort of childhood friend-esq dynamic. In SDF Macross, Hikaru knew and fell into these situations with Minmay when she was a nobody. This made the struggle between her choosing her fame and idolship over Hikaru more profound. I always thought "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" was this (barely) subconscious and pivotal love letter that she couldn't address herself because she was naive and forced into love with Kaifun, but since it existed before she even met Hikaru, it's just sort of there. But because Hikaru didn't know Minmay before she was a star it's almost a bit superficial. He doesn't have skin in the game, it's just "Do I pick this cute idol or Misa."
The correct answer is ALWAYS Misa by the way.

(Here's a new one for the "People eating burgers while others die" folder)
tmRLlE9l.jpg
XGjd1gHl.jpg

This sort of nitpicking aside, the movie was certainly above average. The story wasn't anything special; the whole Zentradi bloodline stuff was a bit silly when you compact it. Visually, it was about as good as it gets. Absolutely beautiful Haruhiko Mikimoto characters in their purest form. God tier mechanical art and animation— everything you might expect. All in all, I think DYRL stands better as a companion piece to the original saga than it's own stand alone entity. I can't imagine showing it to someone and them having any idea whats going on. This being said, I do think the movie is a bit overrated. It doesn't hold a candle to the entire package of Macross Plus, but to even be held by a similar standard is enough to put it down as legendary.

This is the movie with THAT SONG right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom