• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninty will never be as great as it was once was because of how they handled the metroid franchise. they went to fusion, didnt do a sequel, then asked Team Ninja to do the game and it went to shit.

Well yeah, it's Team Ninja. They didn't even do the one thing they're good at.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The problem is the same with the TV industry now. Nobody wants to write for TV any more unless they have A Seth MacFarlaine deal - and it sort of the same with video games - they aint writing unless they get production credits and money. Thats why the US TV ratings outside of The Following has been so fucked up. 0.9 in NBC's Do No Harm, to 1.8 for CBS's new shpw/
I assure you nobody has ever given two fucks about writing in video games and that such writing has nothing to do with whatever apocalyptic scenarios we are discussing here.

Novid

Banned
Writing for video games seems like the sort of thing one wouldn't want listed in their body of work.

but the gameplay for the FPS has been full on shit outside of Killzone 3's move controls. I cant play FPS no other way now. Hope they expaned on it in Killzone 4.

duckroll

Blame Sakamoto. Team Ninja were basically code monkeys for that game.

This isn't true at all. You can only blame Sakamoto for the terrible story and narrative direction, I'm pretty sure Team Ninja were responsible for the actual game design and graphics as well. Not just code monkeys. :p

OceanBlue

Handheld gaming still rocks, screw console.

I'm not a hardcore gamer by any means, but I really enjoy playing my 3DS. It's very convenient because I'm usually not at home, but even when I am home I feel like I play my 3DS (and my DS before) more than my PS3 lol.

Kara no Kyoukai, specifically 5.

I personally really liked the soundtrack for 2, but I feel like I like 2 more than most other people do. The variations on the main theme are great.

fertygo

I'm not a hardcore gamer by any means, but I really enjoy playing my 3DS. It's very convenient because I'm usually not at home, but even when I am home I feel like I play my 3DS (and my DS before) more than my PS3 lol.

Its great because its not filled with those shitty FPS, Sandbox, whatever games.

Now the only problem though.. where the fuck my Bravely Default localization.

zeroshiki

.NET is such a broad runtime framework that comparing its pairing with C# to Objective-C's pairing with Cocoa is a non sequitur. That your Apple fanboy goggles somehow think they are comparable is laughable. Objective-C is a shitty language. Ask anyone who's been forced to work with it.

Regrettably you caught my last line there and I meant to delete it. My point still stands.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This isn't true at all. You can only blame Sakamoto for the terrible story and narrative direction, I'm pretty sure Team Ninja were responsible for the actual game design and graphics as well. Not just code monkeys. :p

He told them to make the most of the games vital controls Wii Remote only actually, which is the biggest problem with how the game plays.

Risette

A Good Citizen
.NET is such a broad runtime framework that comparing its pairing with C# to Objective-C's pairing with Cocoa is a non sequitur. That your Apple fanboy goggles somehow think they are comparable is laughable. Objective-C is a shitty language. Ask anyone who's been forced to work with it.

Regrettably you caught my last line there and I meant to delete it. My point still stands.
No, your entire post is regrettable and should have been deleted. You were wrong.

Branduil

Metroid Other M is great because it exposed all the Retro haters who claimed they ruined Metroid and it needed to be given back to its original creators, LOL.

OceanBlue

Its great because its not filled with those shitty FPS, Sandbox, whatever games.

Now the only problem though.. where the fuck my Bravely Default localization.

Really, the only console games I play are fighting games now. I wish I had a Vita so I could carry around the Atelier series and Disgaea with me. I never let myself sit down and spend time on an RPG, despite wasting way too much time on GAF. I really hope BD gets localized too.

duckroll

He told them to make the most of the games vital controls Wii Remote only actually, which is the biggest problem with how the game plays.

Hahahaha. Sounds like there is more than enough blame to go around for everyone though. The game was such a turd.

Articalys

ANN's Vividred Operation review so far.

+ Attractive, entertaining, and easy to watch; stomping good action and loads of futuristic eye-candy; full-blooded action score.
− Hasn't an original bone in its body; central relationships rarely ring true; rather over-fond of young girls' crotches; neglects its strengths in later episodes.

Seems accurate enough. Definitely looking forward to the OST... whenever it's going to be released, I guess.

+ Attractive, entertaining, and easy to watch; stomping good action and loads of futuristic eye-candy; full-blooded action score.
− Hasn't an original bone in its body; central relationships rarely ring true; rather over-fond of young girls' crotches; neglects its strengths in later episodes.

Damn ass reviewers, can't even put the right things in the positive section.

tomako market 8

I agree with the things about the framing, some interesting things happening here. Good humor with dera, and kanna is great. Still not digging tan girl much atm though.

iQCrvNV3YvWgC.gif

moeblobin'

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hahahaha. Sounds like there is more than enough blame to go around for everyone though. The game was such a turd.

Once you learn the controls it's pretty okay but they are awkward to say the least. I think the main reason why people get so riled up about it is that it is at it's core a very good Wii game. Great graphics, fun bosses, fairly interesting scenario. It's the controls and weird reshaping of Samus's core character that drags it down and gives it that extra bit of heat when it comes to discussing it. That and it wasn't 2D Metroid and it wasn't Prime.

As far as actual anime goes someone just donated to me his entire dubbed Blu-Ray and DVD collection which was fairly substantial. I'll report back when I start watching some of this stuff but there's some absolute classics in here like GTO and Mobile Fighter G Gundam along with a bunch of other stuff I haven't seen a dozen times.

wonzo

Banned
Puchimas 43

puchimasu43.jpg

I look forward to Synchronized Gaming becoming the worlds first olympic e-sport.

Seems accurate enough. Definitely looking forward to the OST... whenever it's going to be released, I guess.
The summary seems pretty spot-on but I'm sure there's a nugget of comedy gold sitting in the actual review. Only one way to find out!

Branduil

Man zeroshiki and pizzaroll you guys need to take a timeout or take it to PM before duckroll gets fed up with your kindergarten argument.

I wonder why Hyouka still isn't licensed.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
To be fair, I doubt many dogs bought Sin & Punishment 2 or you'd have a third one.
I actually bought three copies of Sin and Punishment 2. The original Japanese release once and the North American release twice. I would have bought the PAL version but I was broke.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Man zeroshiki and pizzaroll you guys need to take a timeout or take it to PM before duckroll gets fed up with your kindergarten argument.
He's the one who brought up a random off-hand comment I made in the IRC weeks ago to try to shame me or whatever and ended up shaming himself. don't start none wont be none etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom