• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Thread needs more Yuyushiki hype.

uMllqoz.jpg

OceanBlue

I have checked it again, checked Wiki, and I even went to their website. Nothing, not a single show by SHAFT! Nothing

I feel so empty, why do I live for? What is my purpose in life?

Tell yourself that they're taking off time to work on Kizumonogatari.

faridmon

So you really were born without a heart.

We will have to bide our time with glorious past memories for now.
Shaft will return greater than ever. Have faith!

Tell yourself that they're taking off time to work on Kizumonogatari.

I have tried to think positive... I have tried but...

Actrn.gif

They are secretly working on a new season of sayonara zetsubo sensei ..

Wait .... that was a dream ???

Why do this to me?
peNSC.gif

Anime is Dead

zeroshiki

No. Good CG is good. More dynamic camera work, more consistent high detail stuff which can also move, more background movement, etc.

The problem is that 9 times out of 10, its gonna be bad CG. So until they can consistently pump out quality CG, I'm gonna stick to 2D animation.

cajunator

Banned
I decided to buy nisemonagatari. I could resist no longer.
It pales to the original series but...it exists. Thusly I have to buy it.

faridmon

Even with their shortcomings, they shit on all other Anime companies out there. so many bitter comments.

I shall wait diligently until their next release, hopefully its another Sayonara Zetsubo sensei.

So basicly their TV shows are beta shows?
Yes .. pani poni dash is their worse example ( yet ) ...
( and still the Tv version was already full of things )

They won't have to correct anything if they release straight to DVD!
No no no..
There is still the blu ray release , silly !!

Are the majority of Shaft BD changes actual animation error fixes or just adding/embellishing random details?

From my personnal experience , the BD changes have actual animation changes in almost all cases on top of background changes... but it's a "Very Good" to "Great" in most cases.

cajunator

Banned
Are the majority of Shaft BD changes actual animation error fixes or just adding/embellishing random details?

Both.

There have been actual animation quality and art changes to the TV broadcasts as well as completely changed backgrounds and even settings.

zeroshiki

Even with their shortcomings, they shit on all other Anime companies out there. so many bitter comments.

I shall wait diligently until their next release, hopefully its another Sayonara Zetsubo sensei.

Wha? By what standard? I guess you mean sales?

SHAFT are the masters of cheaping out on everything, picture book animation and production delays.

Articalys

Both.

There have been actual animation quality and art changes to the TV broadcasts as well as completely changed backgrounds and even settings.
...I'm aware they do both; I'm asking which you think is more prevalent. Unless this is your way of saying you think they're completely equal.

Yes .. pani poni dash is their worse example ( yet ) ...
( and still the Tv version was already full of things )

I never seen anything from them (just checked wikipedia to know what they made). Somehow I feel like I didn't miss much, with everyone here hating on them.

duckroll

The problem is that 9 times out of 10, its gonna be bad CG. So until they can consistently pump out quality CG, I'm gonna stick to 2D animation.

9 out of 10 times animation in general is bad in anime. What's your point? Might as well stop watching anime.

Pooya

Well... good point.

Ideally there's no CG but if they're doing CG, better to get the 2D stuff out of there >_>

Ideally, TV anime should be full CG like FF cutscenes, ahem :D
if some anime looked like Versus XIII car cg stuff I don't think anybody would call it ugly, no one will look back, it's the future.

problem is everybody goes bankrupt after first season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom