• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

9 out of 10 times animation in general is bad in anime. What's your point? Might as well stop watching anime.

Bad CG looks way worse than Bad 2D.

Like, if you made me choose whether to watch some shit show by DEEN or, say, the Berserk movie, I'll take the DEEN show.

faridmon

On a more serious note; why is there another Higurashi project? Didn't it get wrapped up in Rei? How can they take it futher? Revisit some the things that occurred?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Is this a kids show?
Yes, it's from Dokidoki! Precure.
I would embrace them... but not as anime.
If you know what I mean.
2UyB4K9l.jpg

Instro

GOD DAMMIT

HOW DID I NOT REALIZE BRIAN JAY WAS VOICED BY AKIO OHTSUKA UNTIL NOW

THINKING BACK TO HIS VOICE IT'S SO OBVIOUS

You wouldn't really think about it since the character doesn't really get a lot of speaking time in the show. He is more or less a background figure towering over everyone.

wonzo

Banned
Whilst saving the industry from crashing.
And nothings speaks "saving the industry" like the shitty incoherent Sasami@Unmotivated...

#45 - Vividred Operation (** 2,342 pt)
#81 - Love Live (** 2,423 pt)
#90 - Kotoura-san (***, 405 pt)
#110 - Haganai S2 (** 1,405 pt)
#120 - OreShura (***, 782 pt)
#134 - Maoyuu (** 2,349 pt)
#190 - Minami-ke (** 1,139 pt)
#196 - Tamako Market (** 1,056 pt)
#226 - Hetalia (***, 208 pt)
#275 AKB0048 (***, 229 pt)
#446 - Senran Kagura (***, 892 pt)
#470 - GJ-bu (***, 303 pt)
#508 - Sasami-san (***, 390 pt)
#662 - ZKC Unlimited (***, 257 pt)
#675 - Mondaiji-tachi (***, 340 pt)
#693 - Da Capo III (***, 519 pt)
#796 - Puchimas (** 1,301 pt)
#798 - Hakkenden (***, 457 pt)
#1,575 - Senyuu (***, 114 pt)​

OOPS

I never seen anything from them (just checked wikipedia to know what they made). Somehow I feel like I didn't miss much, with everyone here hating on them.
Few are hating on them ... when they produce great shows , we all enjoy it ( madoka is teh perfect example of this )

Is this a kids show?
It's a "sell our toys" show.

At the start it was a show about magical girls doing kick ass things ( kicking their ennemies and unleashing their yuri power move on them ) and after all those years it became more generic.

Moonlight

Banned
Well, I finally got my Sword of the Stranger blu-ray from Amazon. I don't think it'll be worth quite the amount I wound up paying for it, but hopefully it comes close. Will post impressions later.

Regardless, it joins my rather anemic anime collection.

faridmon

And nothings speaks "saving the industry" like the shitty incoherent Sasami@Unmotivated...

OOPS

Sayonara Zetsubo sensei sales was quite healthy so was their Monogatari sales.
Also, I wasn't talking about sales, morally, they win.

Its me against you (all)and I will not change my position. SHAFT is awesome and there is nothing you can do to change my mind.

This is war!

and I like the fact that you added oops like you won some sort of big argument or something. My comment wasn't even that serious, but toungue-and-cheek. Stop being insecure!

Branduil

OOPS

Ouch, 1/3 of Tamako Market.

cajunator

Banned
The future of anime is here guys. Embrace it.

*embraces

I would embrace them... but not as anime.
If you know what I mean.

I'm gonna watch precure one day.

start at the first series Futari Wa Precure. Its well worth watching.

Yes, it's from Dokidoki! Precure.

The art looks quite cuter than I was expecting.

Its me against you (all)and I will not change my position. SHAFT is awesome and there is nothing you can do to change my mind.

This is war!

No need for war. shaft is amazing and wonderful.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

At the start it was a show about magical girls doing kick ass things ( kicking their ennemies and unleashing their yuri power move on them ) and after all those years it became more generic.
>>implying Futari wa was not about the toys too

jbug617

Banned
The Heaven's Lost Property movie just came in the mail and sort of disappointed in the bonus mouse pad. It's very plain and flat. I expected boobs or something built in.

This is war!

If you think about it Sasami-san really has the moral highground in anime.
Or this could be a case of not thinking about it.
Such a wholesome work.

Branduil

Well, I finally got my Sword of the Stranger blu-ray from Amazon. I don't think it'll be worth quite the amount I wound up paying for it, but hopefully it comes close. Will post impressions later.

Regardless, it joins my rather anemic anime collection.

Return of the revenge of the editing comment mini-scrollbar!

cajunator

Banned
It's an anime made for the worst type of otaku, that really creepy fat, greasy ones. Oh, and kids.

Or you know, some of us skinny clean people too.

Few are hating on them ... when they produce great shows , we all enjoy it ( madoka is teh perfect example of this )

They all are. Actually Futari Wa Precure in 18 episodes has already tried to sell me on about 15 things. Every other episode they are introducing some new gadget that is clearly a toy line.

wonzo

Banned
Also, I wasn't talking about sales

Really now?

Whilst saving the industry from crashing.

As the survival of the industry is directly tied to how healthy its sales are.

, morally, they win.

In what way?

and I like the fact that you added oops like you won some sort of big argument or something. My comment wasn't even that serious, but toungue-and-cheek. Stop being insecure!
shaftsalt.jpg

shaft salt

There's actually very little, if any, in the case of fanservice in most seasons of Precure. Fresh seems to be the exception with those low-angle shots.

Really? It doesn't look like it from all the screens. But still their overall appearance and gestures looks a lot like pander to me -just imagine them with +10 years. I may be strange though.

Syrinx

They all are. Actually Futari Wa Precure in 18 episodes has already tried to sell me on about 15 things. Every other episode they are introducing some new gadget that is clearly a toy line.

What does this mean? I haven't seen any Precure show, so...is it like short action figure/doll ads before the scheduled commercial break?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

OOPS

Good.

cajunator

Banned
Shaft is one of the best studios. Quit arguing about it and just accept it.

There's actually very little, if any, in the case of fanservice in most seasons of Precure. Fresh seems to be the exception with those low-angle shots.

Futari Wa has no fanservice at all that I have seen. Well no ecchi fanservice. Plenty of :Cajun fanservice.

Exceptions.

I'm jk (mostly), the show looks good from gifs (even though I feel it's very formulaic).

It is VERY formulaic. But that works for it not against it in this case.

What does this mean? I haven't seen any Precure show, so...is it like short action figure/doll ads before the scheduled commercial break?

A lot of the gadgets and tools used by the Precures are actually toys you can buy in Japan. Of course there are probably action figures and dolls of the mascots as well. I wouldn't mind getting a Pop plushie, btw.

>>implying Futari wa was not about the toys too

You're both missing my point

But i'm sad that they abbandonned the yuri beam spamming move on the 4th season and never looked back. i'm sad that some season ( suite , yes precure ) don't have nearly as much fighting as they should have.

cajunator

Banned

It means the show gives the Precure girls a new gadget that looks like it was meant to be on asale as a toy. a "lovemeter" for example in episode 17 where two characters put their hand on the device and it measures love compatibility. Its such a blatant toy sell. And then theres the transformation devices where you SLIDE A TRADING CARD IN THE SLOT TO ACTIVATE IT. Its all so clearly made for mass consumption but thats part of the charm. they are still good shows despite the product whoring.

Syrinx

A lot of the gadgets and tools used by the Precures are actually toys you can buy in Japan. Of course there are probably action figures and dolls of the mascots as well. I wouldn't mind getting a Pop plushie, btw.

But like, if you were watching the show, how would you know that those gadgets and tools were also toys?

Edit:

It means the show gives the Precure girls a new gadget that looks like it was meant to be on asale as a toy. a "lovemeter" for example in episode 17 where two characters put their hand on the device and it measures love compatibility. Its such a blatant toy sell. And then theres the transformation devices where you SLIDE A TRADING CARD IN THE SLOT TO ACTIVATE IT. Its all so clearly made for mass consumption but thats part of the charm. they are still good shows despite the product whoring.

What are the units the lovemeter measures love by?

cajunator

Banned
You're both missing my point

But i'm sad that they abbandonned the yuri beam spamming move on the 4th season and never looked back. i'm sad that some season ( suite , yes precure ) don't have nearly as much fighting as they should have.

Are you talking about like the Precure Marble Screw attack where they hold hands?

cajunator

Banned
But like, if you were watching the show, how would you know that those gadgets and tools were also toys?

Edit:

What are the units the lovemeter measures love by?

the meter has lights that light up and then it plays a little tune and lights up a heart in the middle if the two characters have matching love interest.

To be fair, I really wasn't aware that most of the stuff in Smile Precure were also toys till one of the episodes had a mini commercial for the new Royal Clock!

I assume most of the promotion for the show also couples in Buy Our Toys!

Syrinx

the meter has lights that light up and then it plays a little tune and lights up a heart in the middle if the two characters have matching love interest.

...What use could they possibly have for that? And how can it even tell if people are matching love interests? What is it basing that on?

I feel like I'm missing the point here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom