• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wired editor Ryan Singel: Cyclists are the n*****s of the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, the real question is why the word 'nigger', in your described contexts, is always used with a severely negative connotation.

Answer that and then you are getting to the root of your question.

I'm not sure it can be used in a positive way. At the most it could be used in a neutral context as a derivative of the word Spanish word "negro" which just flatly means the color black. I can't envision a modern positive context to use the word.

This whole "cars vs bikes" argument can be summarized by a post I made a while back in another cycling thread:

Soka said:
As someone that bikes frequently to my campus, I can only say this: The only things as stupid and awful as a walking pedestrian are cyclists and cars. That's right, they are all assholes. Pedestrians never look/jay walk, cyclists ignore traffic laws, and cars act like they own the road. To summarize, I hate all forms of mobile human.

We should really just unite against all mobile humans. Bunch of pretentious jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom