• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolverine leaked again (new footage)

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
It's always been a reskin of Sunset Overdrive with the webswinging added on top even with a lot of similar animations. Looks like they take the web swinging away and it's back to Sunset Overdrive.

Honestly wondering what this even is though. This really doesn't look like the same game as the last leak with the bar section and the combat. The camera was a lot closer, and movement seemed totally different. This is either a totally separate exploration section with different camera, or just some kind of early prototype. The other one looked more finished than this.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
To everyone here saying that this looks bad, remember:

This is a work in progress and not representative of the final game!!!!

…is what I’d say if it weren’t obviously clear that the core gameplay mechanics seem to be mostly ironed out in this, and the previous leak. This is very likely how the game will play, on the whole. It really is just Spider-Man, but with floaty jumping instead of web slinging.

SIE & Insomniac need to make a playable demo for PS5 this holiday. Take back control of the narrative and make the PC leakers feel like shit. Show your loyal console owners some holiday love.

Better yet shadow-drop the demo at the VGAs. Bury that ransomware hack once and for all.

Kssio_Aug

I can't understand why every AAA game needs to be open-world.

I can understand why Spider-Man is open-world, but a Wolverine game could work perfectly fine as a more linear game. And that looks atrocious (though I'm sure it will look much better when they're ready to launch it).

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
For a moment I though this game was Suicide Squad, but then I remember that game is way too much colorfull.
Looks awful though lol

clarky

Gold Member
Was announced nearly 3 yrs ago, unless this footage is really old this looks in big trouble.
Oh yeah, by early days i meant they have a while to bring things together but agree this early look doesn't fill me with confidence. Maybe Insomniac are spreading themselves a little thin?

Ceadeus

I can understand why Spider-Man is open-world, but a Wolverine game could work perfectly fine as a more linear game. And that looks atrocious (though I'm sure it will look much better when they're ready to launch it).
Exactly my thought about this. It could have been an excellent linear, story driven game. The open world craze needs to stop

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Thats because it's easier to use SM's open world city engine instead of making a new SP path game. Venom will be the exact same thing as this kind of game zipping around building to building.

THE DUCK

Banned
Looks like spiderman. Not sure why the negative comments on movement, etc, its not finished. So in the end, it will probably have polished controls, the only question really becomes, do we want spiderman 3 with claws and no swinging?

Answer is......probably some people still do.

I mean we don't need leaks to know how it is going to play. It will be Spider-man meets God of War basically. Maybe without squeezing himself between buildings to hide loading screens.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
janky please fix the physircs must bee early build

5cV.gif

hyperbertha

The camera seems to have been pulled back from the god of war-like perspective during combat which we saw in the first leak, to more generic Spiderman like.

Much better representation of the game. I am not a big fan of Insomniac's Spider-Man combat, but if you read the leaks on Wolverine's combat it is very different. Plus, they have implemented Bloodborne's health regeneration, which such an underused game mechanic

In this later build, at the 22 second mark, he isn't jumping over buildings

Last edited:

Skifi28

Reminds me of how GTA VI was judged as looking bad from some footage that leaked. There's a reason this is leaked and not official, calm down.

Borowski_1

Came here to say the same

Sony is bloating their games into oblivion

March Climber

Gold Member
Are intelligent gamers that frequent forums seriously shocked that early game footage looks like shit?

Seriously?

Did GTA6 not teach you fucking anything lmao

Why are so many people judging this right now
Some of this is performative because they don't like Insomniac, some of it is overreaction because they don't like Insomniac, and some of it is very elaborate trolling or joking. With how often people want to jump out of a window with bad takes on this forum, it's been very difficult to tell the difference.

I just got cancer stepping into this thread. The amount of stupidity is too high.

There are some here who are simply taking advantage of this forum's current culture war-focused arc to use that opportunity to shit on everything in every thread. A few years ago they would have been known as edgy posters, but now certain points have aligned on the forum graph so they aren't seen that way today 🤷‍♂️

I remember thinking Avowed looked like a reskinned Outer Worlds. But the latest trailer made it look much better.
Hopefully this Reskinned Spiderman will look better in a real trailer later on.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
There are some here who are simply taking advantage of this forum's current culture war-focused arc to use that opportunity to shit on everything in every thread. A few years ago they would have been known as edgy posters, but now certain points have aligned on the forum graph so they aren't seen that way today 🤷‍♂️
care to explain?

clarky

Gold Member
Are intelligent gamers that frequent forums seriously shocked that early game footage looks like shit?

Seriously?

Did GTA6 not teach you fucking anything lmao

Why are so many people judging this right now
Its not about how it looks graphics wise. We aren't stupid.

It does give you an indication of what they are aiming for though, and it looks thoroughly generic and uninspiring from what we've seen if the leak is real.

This will be missions, boss battles, set pieces and busy work set in an open world with Batman style combat. A game we've all played a million times before. If that floats your boat then great, but I personally find it very hard to get excited about that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom