• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SummerSlam 2013 |OT| The Spontaneous Combustion of Bryan Danielson & Cena Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on the Sandow/Rhodes match??

My only quibble: Should have been longer. By at least a few minutes. I almost never think that. Matches usually go on too long for my liking.

But it was pretty good. Both are entertaining in the ring, and Sandow has a great character and presence.

Thorakai

Where will Raw be taking place tomorrow? I would hate for a crowd to start cheering for HHH/Orton when the two are obviously suppose to be heel now.

tumblr_mrrdvwYiZ41qgzlc1o1_400.gif

This was pretty good

Thanks for the erection

My only quibble: Should have been longer. By at least a few minutes. I almost never think that. Matches usually go on too long for my liking.

But it was pretty good. Both are entertaining in the ring, and Sandow has a great character and presence.

I think this feud goes on until the contract is put on the line

remnant

Banned

It was decent. I don't know when they plan on having Sandow cash it in, if he even does

Penguin

Great match

Think one of Rhodes best outing

And think it gives them momentum in the feud.

Can see them doing a re-match at Night of Champions for the briefcase.

I've been reading a lot of posts...but could someone please kindly post a quick summary...been out of the loop for a while and still not exactly sure what went down tonight lol

Im guessing this Mcmahon storyline is going towards HHH vs Cena(with Vince) at mania for control of the company. Punk is turning into Jericho 2.0 with losing every major match he's in he needs a major win soon. I bet Punk wins the rumble this year and it leads to Punk vs Bryan(c) for the WWE title at mania.

antonz

McMahons storyline doesn't make any sense now. HHH and Vince are both asshole characters now fighting for control.

I mean Vince could suddenly become the face standing up for bryan etc. but it would be such shit booking

strobogo

Banned
I've been reading a lot of posts...but could someone please kindly post a quick summary...been out of the loop for a while and still not exactly sure what went down tonight lol

Punk and Brock had an incredible war with Brock barely winning.

Daniel Bryan and Cena had a match that was just as good with Bryan winning 100% clean in the center of the ring after a flying knee to the face. Randy Orton then came out to cash in his Money in the Bank contract, HHH (the special ref) then pedigreed Bryan, allowing Orton to win the title after LA celebrated like the Lakers just won the finals.

For the past 2ish months, Vince and HHH have been battling over the direction of the company. HHH had been fully supporting Daniel Bryan as the future of the company. Vince hates him and also hates Cena all of the sudden. It was expected that Vince would be involved in the finish by trying to screw Daniel Bryan over, but nothing happened until after the match, when HHH SWERVED the shit out of everyone (actually no one) by costing Daniel the title he just won and sending the previously elated fans home with the feeling of getting kicked in the balls right after sex.

Also, Kane had a match that was worse than the Divas match.

Showaddy

I think I enjoyed the little segment after the Wyatt/Kane match more than the match itself. Although the flames leaping up for all the bumps was pretty cool.

SS13_Photo_071.jpg

Wow you guys never see the bigger picture. lol DB will be champ by Survivor Series or TLC.

While i would love DB to be champ this is the 2nd best outcome.

3-4 month title feud. Orton/Bryan work great together. Should be fun. Cena will be in the mix somehow which is shit. But hopefully at best we'll get 1-2 Otron/Bryan matches.

oops fantastic PPV btw. 9/10. Its fucking crazy how good Bork is.

Punk and Brock had an incredible war with Brock barely winning.

Daniel Bryan and Cena had a match that was just as good with Bryan winning 100% clean in the center of the ring after a flying knee to the face. Randy Orton then came out to cash in his Money in the Bank contract, HHH (the special ref) then pedigreed Bryan, allowing Orton to win the title after LA celebrated like the Lakers just won the finals.

Also, Kane had a match that was worse than the Divas match.

Sweet, thanks! Hmm, maybe i'll tune in tomorrow

McMahons storyline doesn't make any sense now. HHH and Vince are both asshole characters now fighting for control.

I mean Vince could suddenly become the face standing up for bryan etc. but it would be such shit booking

HHH being face ruined everything he touched, thus him being heel now makes sense even if it goes against continuity. Ultimately it doesn't matter if they're both assholes, maybe they were on the same side all along, HHH pretended to be face to lull whoever won tonight into a false sense of security for the cash-in. Also I think heel boss versus face boss doesn't work anywhere near as well as face versus heel bosses.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think I enjoyed the little segment after the Wyatt/Kane match more than the match itself. Although the flames leaping up for all the bumps was pretty cool.

SS13_Photo_071.jpg

I blame that spot sucking largely on the shitty job the camera guys were doing. Don't show that shit from the angle where everybody watching on TV can clearly tell the stairs never actually hit his head.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love that Brock plays a hulking, unstoppable monster, but he knows how to sell when the time is right. And doesn't do that HBK/Dolph selling that makes him look like so over the top that it breaks the illusion that they could ever win a match with how they're getting manhandled
L0i8gUu.gif

This was one of the best PPVs of 2013, and Cena/Bryan and Brock/Punk were legit MOTYCs. The Orton title win was expected, and I like seeing a fresh Orton, even though I still think it's dumb to put the belt on a guy who is one bad piss test away from being gone (last one was a year ago) and is always potentially one concussion away from forced retirement (last one was a month ago).

The thing I refuse to agree with is the people who think HHH just had to turn heel and just had to be the main focal point. Again. The average fan isn't going to remember stuff like Bryan winning against Cena clean, they're going to remember HHH fucking another person over. The last time this type of thing happened, he was in a feud with Punk, and that didn't go over well for anybody.

For some reason, over the last 3 years they've put him in big angles, and none of them have been good. I'll believe that changes if it happens.

I blame that spot sucking largely on the shitty job the camera guys were doing. Don't show that shit from the angle where everybody watching on TV can clearly tell the stairs never actually hit his head.

Honestly, when I saw them setting up the stairs, I thought they would kind of lower it down on his head , so that it looked like one of the things executioners used before they beheaded someone. Dammit, why can't I remember the name of that thing that held the head in place before the executioner cut it off? With the two wooden pieces? It's really bugging me lol

Edit: Almost like a guillotine setup?

Showaddy

It was a touch obvious. If they're going to push Wyatt hard they really need a better killer move.

SS13_Photo_073.jpg

It's just a bad spot, it doesn't matter where the camera is they're always hitting them with the triangle where no steps exist. They should have just gone with a better spot or fake steps.

The whole match was a victim of watered down gimmicks and being a Kane match.

I love that Brock plays a hulking, unstoppable monster, but he knows how to sell when the time is right. And doesn't do that HBK/Dolph selling that makes him look like so over the top that it breaks the illusion that they could ever win a match with how they're getting manhandled
L0i8gUu.gif

That was a great match, and that was an awesome sell

Hell, it wouldn't be surprising to see them flip it right back on Raw.

I really hope they build it up over the next year. Have it so Bryan can beat all challengers but can't take out Orton due to the interference until he eventually wins the rumble and finally defeats Orton at wrestlemania. I don't see why they need to rush it as it is.

Brinbe

Laser-Punk stole the show and that ending, as predictable as it was, still bummed me the fuck out. Guess we gotta wait till Survivor Series for Bryan to truly get his.

strobogo

Banned
C'mon, what Hunter just did, How is Steph NOT gonna get airtime?

Bryan/Punk team up against the Corporation at Survivor Series. Book it.

Maybe they should finally give Shield some direction and turn them face, team them with Bryan/Punk, and have them fight the injustice of HHH/Orton. They did prevent Orton from cashing in on Raw, after all. They can stay heels even, but they're still fighting injustice, and there has been no bigger injustice this year than what HHH and Orton did.

Omega

Banned
Maybe they should finally give Shield some direction and turn them face, team them with Bryan/Punk, and have them fight the injustice of HHH/Orton. They did prevent Orton from cashing in on Raw, after all. They can stay heels even, but they're still fighting injustice, and there has been no bigger injustice this year than what HHH and Orton did.

Nope

Shield are going to be in an eternal feud with the Uso's from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom