• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SummerSlam 2013 |OT| The Spontaneous Combustion of Bryan Danielson & Cena Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

Meltzer thinks the plan is Bryan vs Orton followed by Punk vs Orton if Cena isn't ready to go for another Cena vs Orton feud, so Bryan's probably not getting the belt back anytime soon.

This was probably the best PPV this year.

Concur.

As much as I would love to see Bryan hold on to the belt, this ending was almost as good (and certainly predictable). But yeah, I do have that small fear in the back of my mind that they'll fuck up Bryan's heat sometime in the near future, and he won't get another shot.

So you want another Wrestlemania 2000?

I just don't want Vince somehow being face after all that Bryan burying. HHH makes a fine

Is this going to lead to Orton/HHH & Bryan/Shawn?

Now, this I wouldn't mind, if HHH/Shawn didn't overshadow everything with their old-man speeches and crap. Keep them in the background, because heel Orton and Face Bryan are fine on their own.

I have to agree that this was a good twist for Bryan, though. Because I can't fathom a face Bryan being Cena's replacement. Who would he even feud with next?

I just hope that he gets more angry. Also, I really hope he at least shaves his head.

I think people who are "salty" are just on edge because they simply don't trust the writing team to keep Bryan's momentum going.

Word lol

These DB fanatics all hyped for nothing special

Fuck, Cena lost to Tensai due to distraction and poison mist. Are you too stupid to know the difference between winning due to outside tactics and losing clean when nobody's lost clean to Cena outside the last 5 years other than The Rock?

Orton will hold at least until the Rumble, where Cena will get it back. Bryan will win the Rumble, and we'll have Bryan/Cena II at Wrestlemania.

Bryan is more entitled to a rematch. Now if Cena and Bryan do a No. 1 contenders match to have Cena win at Rumble, then Cena wins at Rumble and Bryan wins the rumble then you could do that.

It's not gonna happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Winners with 14 points total for the Summerslam Predictions Game are:

NameGenerated and Gurudyne!

Congrats!

Shark Johnson and Bean Breath tied for last place with 4 points.

i feel like 'feel good' moments like supee over babyface beats the entrentched champion clean for his first title should be milked and focused on, not what happened tonight.

It's this whole fascination with 'telling stories' os what is keeping them from another boom period.

just imo.

Aiii

So not worth it
Meltzer thinks the plan is Bryan vs Orton followed by Punk vs Orton if Cena isn't ready to go for another Cena vs Orton feud, so Bryan's probably not getting the belt back anytime soon.

That's weird, are they keeping Bryan for that Rumble win after all?

I'd be okay with that, even if it takes a while for Bryan to get his shot.

Paracelsus

Punk's feud with Orton was carried by Punk, I don't know how people believe Bryan can redeem the whole thing when his mic skills are decent but below Punk's.

remnant

Banned
Fuck, Cena lost to Tensai due to distraction and poison mist. Are you too stupid to know the difference between winning due to outside tactics and losing clean when nobody's lost clean to Cena outside the last 5 years other than The Rock?
Don't bother. Some people just can't stand it, so they are looking for anything to bitch about.

Penguin

tumblr_mrrcr1K0Eq1rsed7yo1_500.png

The Age of Orton 2

krae_man

You didn't. If a guy loses maybe one match clean every year on average, it's a fucking big deal when that happens. Cena wrestles hundreds of matches a year, he loses a handful and most of those with some kind of shenanigans.

Sorry dude, but beating Cena clean isn't anywhere near the feat you think it is, and is definitely nowhere near the accomplishment making Cena tap would have been.

You're crazy if you think Bryan winning with something other then his finisher doesn't tarnish the win.

thuway

Punk's feud with Orton was carried by Punk, I don't know how people believe Bryan can redeem the whole thing when his mic skills are decent but below Punk's.

This is the challenge he has to overcome as an entertainer. Bryan needs to work on his mic skills, and we know he's got it in him. He's a smart man, and WWE better not let this fuck up.

I just don't get why the wwe blatantly told us what was going to happen. I mean, every week Orton said he woulda cash it in. Every week the family talked about how much they didn't think Daniel should be champion. Just just told us the whole damn story.

steveovig

Sorry dude, but beating Cena clean isn't anywhere near the feat you think it is, and is definitely nowhere near the accomplishment making Cena tap would have been.

You're crazy if you think Bryan winning with something other then his finisher doesn't tarnish the win.

Go away please.

Ithil

Tomorrow night is reserved for Cena confronting Orton and HHH because he's all about that hustle, loyalty and respect only to get a brutal beatdown on his busted elbow so he can take time off.

If he actually does need to deal with the elbow.

I think Cena is exiting the story, to be honest.

That IS his finisher. He just debuted it.

Aiii

So not worth it

I guess I'm crazy then.

Punk's volume of recent big match losses says to me that he takes the title off of Orton if that is indeed the plan.

Punk vs Bryan for the title at Wrestlemania...on third last, with a Triple H vs TBA and Brock vs Undertaker / Rock headlining the show?

i feel like 'feel good' moments like supee over babyface beats the entrentched champion clean for his first title should be milked and focused on, not what happened tonight.

It's this whole fascination with 'telling stories' os what is keeping them from another boom period.

just imo.

You should've known that feel good moments went out the window when Christian's reign got screwed up by none other than....you guessed it, Randy Orton.

Feel good moments are for legit sports and movies aka That Other Garbage

#Booking
#You'reGonnaKeepWatchingAnyway
#WeAin'tBoutThatFeelGoodLife

SoulPlaya

more money than God
EVERY match on the card was better than Wyatt/Kane. Including the Divas.
Fuckers just don't get it. The art of the storyline is dead. The match could have gone longer, but it did what it had to do. It made Kane look like a dominant monster, Wyatt looked like a master manipulator, and the storyline got much more interesting as we now have to see whether or not Kane joins the Wyatts, and who else (taker?) gets involved.

Barrage

It was the right move because there's still more to look forward to. Bryan beating Cena clean was satisfying, Bryan beating HHH clean would be even more so. Bryam celebrating at SummerSlam was electrifying, imagine him doing it at Wrestlemania. Imagine 70,000 people chanting "YES!" in New Orleans.

remnant

Banned

We just say Bryan and Orton have a great feud a few weeks ago. There is no reason to believe that now the both of them will suck

I think Bryan should keep getting screwed, fueding with the McMahons/Orton and culminating in him winning the Rumble and Mania getting over on HHH. That would cement him as their top 3 Baby face.

Punk's volume of recent big match losses says to me that he takes the title off of Orton if that is indeed the plan.

Punk vs Bryan for the title at Wrestlemania...on third last, with a Triple H vs TBA and Brock vs Undertaker / Rock headlining the show?

I like it. Although the problem with Punk/Bryan is it doesn't bring any closure to the Bryan/McMahon storyline. Bryan should beat the corporate champ to redeem himself, no?

It was the right move because there's still more to look forward to. Bryan beating Cena clean was satisfying, Bryan beating HHH clean would be even more so. Bryam celebrating at SummerSlam was electrifying, imagine him doing it at Wrestlemania. Imagine 70,000 people chanting "YES!" in New Orleans.

Even if the title is at stake, there's no way he goes on last at WM and gets the same amount of time after his match further up the card. The main event will involve part-timers.

Ithil

Fuckers just don't get it. The art of the storyline is dead. The match could have gone longer, but it did what it had to do. It made Kane look like a dominant monster, Wyatt looked like a master manipulator, and the storyline got much more interesting as we now have to see whether or not Kane joins the Wyatts, and who else (taker?) gets involved.

Good I hope not.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm actually alright with the storyline aspect to it. Kane should have lost, and he did. BUT: They should have had Bray's bros try to get into the ring and fail, and have Bray be dominant in the ring and win all by his lonesome. Instead... bleh. But then I was happy again when they were dragging Kane away.. but then that stupid stairs shot happened. Ugh.

But regardless, yes, I enjoy the storyline aspect of it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Now, is it the gimmicky match, or the gimmick itself that sucked?

Wyatt got a good pop, but then it just died.
Match was short, and the ending made the entire concept look silly. Still, as far as the storyline goes, it did what it had to do. The image of them beating Kane, then helping him out (not dragging him) in the dark was very well done, considering Wyatt's character.

Most of that probably went over your heads, though. Match needed more counters and false finishes.

Damn youngins.

I like it. Although the problem with Punk/Bryan is it doesn't bring any closure to the Bryan/McMahon storyline. Bryan should beat the corporate champ to redeem himself, no?

This is where I'd bring Punk into that storyline. His character fits perfectly the whole anti-establishment thing, and should be booked to torment them. They do all they can to shut the "boring" Bryan out, while Punk keeps thumbing them in the eye, until he takes the title. Don't make him do a complete Austin imitation, but do play up the fact that he'll fight as dirty as is necessary against them. Bryan wins the Rumble and then defeats Punk in a huge face vs face classic at WM, which should main event the show but doubtless won't.

Aiii

So not worth it
Match was short, and the ending made the entire concept look silly. Still, as far as the storyline goes, it did what it had to do. The image of them beating Kane, then helping him out (not dragging him) in the dark was very well done, considering Wyatt's character.

Most of that probably went over your heads, though. Match needed more counters and false finishes.

Damn youngins.

This is what I sound like when I try to convince you guys AJ is awesome, right?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm actually alright with the storyline aspect to it. Kane should have lost, and he did. BUT: They should have had Bray's bros try to get into the ring and fail, and have Bray be dominant in the ring and win all by his lonesome. Instead... bleh. But then I was happy again when they were dragging Kane away.. but then that stupid stairs shot happened. Ugh.

But regardless, yes, I enjoy the storyline aspect of it.
See, now that's where I disagree. Bray Wyatt wants Kane to join him. Why would he want a guy who he could beat easily to join him? Wyatt isn't afraid of Kane, but he can't beat him one on one, so what does he do? He manipulates Kane into joining him. That's his character. It works. Wyatt is the new Jackal from 1997.

I think Bryan should keep getting screwed, fueding with the McMahons/Orton and culminating in him winning the Rumble and Mania getting over on HHH. That would cement him as their top 3 Baby face.

Getting over HHH at Mania?

So, HHH vs. Daniel Bryan for control of WWE?

It's a great ending, and I have to agree that it was done because WWE wants to back Bryan for the long haul. What better way than to screw him with the two best heels in the business. And what better way to get behind a guy than to hope he avenge his loss.

It brings out a completely different side of Bryan too, and makes him far more interesting. Frankly, I just didn't like his babyface antics with Cena/Barrett, but he's so great when he gets ruthless.

Damn youngins.

I bet that you used to post Kane fanfiction on ashranch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom