• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SummerSlam 2013 |OT| The Spontaneous Combustion of Bryan Danielson & Cena Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlhbk

Okay a couple of thing.

Kane and DB were awesome. You are wrong

Bryan and Punk have had the spotlight for ages now. Heck even leading up to this PPV, you are wrong.

No one is carried by another wrestler. For a match to be good there needs to be two good performances. End of. You are wrong.

No I am not. Cena's been in there with plenty great performers over the years, and he doesn't always look great when facing them. Yet when he is in there with the best guys like Punk and HBK all the sudden he looks amazing? That by definition is being carried to a good match.

GolazoDan

How many bad matches does John Cena actually have? He doesn't have very many, none that come to mind. Suppose the Rock matches weren't great but that was more because the other lad was knackered.

Anyone else doing the PS3 stream? I'm scared to try it. don't want to waste 45 bones on a shitty stream. Or should i play it safe and buy the wwe stream?

The only thing that could be bad would be LOL CENA WINS, which I -really- don't think is going to happen

Also Naito gonna Naito :p

Triple H pedigrees both John Cena and Daniel Bryan, pins both of them at the same time to win the WWE Championship, and then defeats Orton as he attempts to cash in

but yeah no at the very least cena is not walking out champion

deli2000

How many bad matches does John Cena actually have? He doesn't have very many, none that come to mind. Suppose the Rock matches weren't great but that was more because the other lad was knackered.

Oh. He's had bad matches too

Khali

R Truth

Miz

Even some Orton matches were boring.

But Cena is perfectly capable of having good matches. Without being "carried". Seriously, such as stupid statement.

Um they all sucked ass.

Well. I guess we're done here. No one is going to take your opinion seriously if you don't even like (not even love) ONE of those matches. Let alone say they outright suck.

The only thing that could be bad would be LOL CENA WINS, which I -really- don't think is going to happen

I think it will happen. I'm basing this on the past ten years of the WWE.

The way I see it:

1. A Maddox distraction with Vince costs Bryan the match.
  2. So Cena wins LOL
  3. Bryan chases Maddox to the back to start their feud.
  4. Orton comes out, doesn't cash in. PPV ends with Cena and Orton staring each other down in the ring.
  5. Cena's music hits.
  6. We all die a little inside.

I think that about covers the worst case and hence most likely scenario.

hlhbk

How was the 360 stream?

Its great! You order the PPV at wwe.com like you would if you were gonna watch it on the computer and then it shows up on your 360 app. Unlike the pc stream I think the 360 stream is HD quality. I just want to test the PS3 app since I will be going PS4 next gen.

GolazoDan

Oh. He's had bad matches too

Khali

R Truth

Miz

Even some Orton matches were boring.
Comes with the territory, :-D. Especially at the time (few years ago), Orton's become a much better worker in recent years.

I think we can agree that Cena's good matches greatly outnumber his bad ones though. You're usually gonna get a good one.

hlhbk

Comes with the territory, :-D. Especially at the time (few years ago), Orton's become a much better worker in recent years.

I think we can agree that Cena's good matches greatly outnumber his bad ones though. You're usually gonna get a good one.

Its the same old Supercena shit we have been going through for years. They want me to give him another chance at least listen to what the audience wants and turn his ass heel. It would be right up there with Hogan's turn.

Its great! You order the PPV at wwe.com like you would if you were gonna watch it on the computer and then it shows up on your 360 app. Unlike the pc stream I think the 360 stream is HD quality. I just want to test the PS3 app since I will be going PS4 next gen.

Damn, wish i kept my 360 at least one more month lol. Fuck it. I'll bite and update later!

TL21xx

Banned
I thought about trying the PS3 stream, but it requires you to order it through the live events player rather than the website. It doesn't have any of the rewind/pause features that the 360 app does if the description is to be believed. Never had any issues with the 360 stream, so I'll stick with that.

Hyped for tonight, hoping for the best!

GolazoDan

Its the same old Supercena shit we have been going through for years. They want me to give him another chance at least listen to what the audience wants and turn his ass heel. It would be right up there with Hogan's turn.
They're not gonna do that until they have someone who can replace him as the top babyface.

Curious how Cena/Bryan ends.

If this was Saltybet I would go all in on Orton walking out as champ but I wonder how they will handle the Cena/Bryan stuff.

Will they finally let Cena lose clean to a up and coming talent? Not likely but it would be a nice thing to see happen.

They will probably pull some Cena/Punk stuff and ether have Cena get detracted by someone outside or have his foot on the ropes but Triple H didnt see it.

Then again maybe Cena winslol.jpeg and with the rumours of Cena taking time off maybe Trips will turn and Orton and H will write Cena off TV with a beatdown before Orton cashes in.

somedevil

I used up all my salt when Naito won the G1, so I'll probably be OK if/when the worst happens in Bryan's match.

Were you like WH Park from live audio wrestling who attended the show who wanted a Shinsuke Nakamura vs Katsuyori Shibata final?

He was also great calling out Naito for his Indie gear and bad haircut. lol

GolazoDan

Shinsuke vs. Shibata should have been the final :-(

They have it. Punk or Bryan could easily replace him.
In what regard. Because Daniel Bryan's not suddenly capable of drawing a boatload of money or massive TV ratings. Neither's Punk. They have better matches than Cena and I prefer them (having watched them on the indies since like 2003) but they don't keep Cena at the top because they can't be arsed thinking of new ideas. There's reasons and stuff.

Ohh. Maybe instead of Nash interfering in this match its Scott Hall!

I mean lets not completely copy and paste the Summerslam 2011 script.

so is the dean ambrose match streaming live before the PPV or something?

i'm thinking of postponing my breaking bad and true blood viewing for this so it better not be as bad as the last few PPV's I've watched ending in me saying fuck this company

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all ready to cry? There will be tears tonight.

RBH

Pre-Show is starting in 10 minutes.

Dean-Ambrose-RVD-SummerSlam.png

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2RF29BI4Ww

Batigol

Banned
Dolphins 'predictions' are out

Dean Ambrose vs. Rob Van Dam (US Title, Pre-Show):
Prediction: Rob Van Dam

Brie Bella vs. Natalya
Prediction: Brie Bella

Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn vs. Big E Langston & AJ Lee:
Prediction: Big E Langston & AJ Lee

Kane vs. Bray Wyatt (Ring of Fire):
Prediction: Kane

Damien Sandow vs. Cody Rhodes:
Prediction: Damien Sandow

Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian (World Hwt. Title Match):
Prediction: Christian

Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk:
Prediction: Brock Lesnar

John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan (WWE Title Match):
Prediction: John Cena

He also predicts that Randy Orton will cash in his Money in the Bank contract after the conclusion of the main event - but did not specify who will walk out of SummerSlam as WWE Champion.

Bet now!

Were you like WH Park from live audio wrestling who attended the show who wanted a Shinsuke Nakamura vs Katsuyori Shibata final?

He was also great calling out Naito for his Indie gear and bad haircut. lol

Yeah, I would've preferred pretty much anything - the final was a good match, but I didn't feel like Naito had a particularly good G1 to warrant him being there. Goto getting injured messed up their plans, tbh. I expected it to be him vs Shinsuke in the final, but would've loved Shibata vs Shinsuke or one more round of Tanahashi vs Shinsuke.

Naito obviously has a lot of potential, but he very much needs to meet that potential like right now. It's obvious that they're pushing him down the Tanahashi route, but I personally prefer him when he's working as a heel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom