• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SummerSlam 2013 |OT| The Spontaneous Combustion of Bryan Danielson & Cena Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I'm gonna be posting alot of this after tonight

sigpic215122_20.gif

Batigol

Banned
Apparently Dolphins1925 posted the results already on reddit.

e; He's the guy who's gotten 38 matches in a row correct. He knows something

e2; Can't see shit so far

GUYS!!! I HAVE A SCHEDULING CONFLICT!!!

Total Divas is on at the same time as the ppv!!! I dunno what to watch!!! Lol jk

(Yeah, I know. Breaking Bad is on as well, but I'll watch that right after the ppv. At least I know what I'm doing from 7-12 tonight lol)

hlhbk

GUYS!!! I HAVE A SCHEDULING CONFLICT!!!

Total Divas is on at the same time as the ppv!!! I dunno what to watch!!! Lol jk

(Yeah, I know. Breaking Bad is on as well, but I'll watch that right after the ppv. At least I know what I'm doing from 7-12 tonight lol)

Total Divas is actually much better than I thought it would ever be.

Predictions.

John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan - Orton cashes in after Mr. H's hits Bryan with a pedigree, making Orton the new corporate champion.
CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar - I've gone back and forth on this but I'm assuming they are going to continue this feud somehow, so Lesnar wins.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian - Thanks to antics from Christian's new personal ring announcer, Ricardo Rodriguez! (please make this happen WWE)
Kane vs. Bray Wyatt - I'm just wondering if they join forces at some point after this.
Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn vs. Big E Langston & AJ Lee - RIP Ziggler's push 2013-2013
Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow - Cody is the most recent graduate of Bland Babyface University. Too bad anyway.
Natalya vs. Brie Bella - I don't care.
Dean Ambrose vs. Rob Van Dam - I like how the WWE seamlessly turned RVD into what Chis Jericho was. Also, Dean Ambrose is pretty awesome.

somedevil

Apparently Dolphins1925 posted the results already on reddit.

e; He's the guy who's gotten 38 matches in a row correct. He knows something

e2; Can't see shit so far

He hasn't posted anything so far and if the news was correct he said he would stop after the person leaking it to him got caught.

Right now all there is the Paddy Power betting odds because also people from WWE who get the results then bet on them setting the odds in on who is winning. Though I'm not sure they use Paddy Power though.

Wait about an hour before the ppv and dump all your money on whoever has the highest odds of winning the matches. The people that work for WWE will have already put in their bets by then.

antonz

He hasn't posted anything so far and if the news was correct he said he would stop after the person leaking it to him got caught.

Right now all there is the Paddy Power betting odds because also people from WWE who get the results then bet on them setting the odds in on who is winning. Though I'm not sure they use Paddy Power though.

Skybet had last PPV 100% correct

Batigol

Banned

PP is usually right so I'll go with them

styl3s

Cause Kenta beat Bryan twice?

so the last time triple h was referee as summerslam this happend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=frPkhgnepLg&t=1897
Doesn't matter if he screws Bryan, Cena or calls it straight because vintage blandy boreton is gonna cash in because Vince thinks he's clever and is gonna try to get one over on the smarks.

Everyone on the internet is saying Bryan is gonna win. Vince is about to make people cry tonight.

His matches since his return have been anything but predictable. His match with Jericho was easily one of the best matches all year. It's on WWE management he isn't in a fued. Since they seem intent on not allowing Ziggler to main event why not put him against RVD? Imagine how great the matches would be.

I don't agree with this at all. It was fine, I guess, but "one of the best matches of the year" is overstating it imo

Wait about an hour before the ppv and dump all your money on whoever has the highest odds of winning the matches. The people that work for WWE will have already put in their bets by then.

I guarantee that WWE will have some alternate finishes in place after last month's debacle; they may even pull the switch on a single, uninteresting match to screw up accumulators.

hlhbk

I don't agree with this at all. It was fine, I guess, but "one of the best matches of the year" is overstating it imo

Name 3 matches better than that match so far in 2013. The only ones that come to mind for me are Taker vs Punk and Jericho Vs Punk when punk returned in Chicago.

GolazoDan

Name 3 matches better than that match so far in 2013. The only ones that come to mind for me are Taker vs Punk and Jericho Vs Punk when punk returned in Chicago.
Cesaro vs. Daniel Bryan?

I also thought that Jericho vs. Punk match kinda sucked too, heh. Punk was pretty rusty and Jericho's a bit of a parody of himself these days.

hlhbk said:

Punk/Cena from RAW in...February, I think? The one where Punk hit a piledriver.
Punk/Jericho at Payback.
Punk/Undertaker at Mania.
Bryan/Cesaro from RAW last month.
Bryan/Sheamus from RAW last month.
Bryan/Orton from RAW in June.

And probably a couple of those Shield 6-man tags as well. Don't get me wrong, RVD/Jericho was pretty great and I've been very surprised at the work RVD's been putting in since returning, but I don't think it was one of the best of the year.

Punk vs Cena on Raw
Ziggler vs ADR at Payback
Daniel Bryan vs Antonio Cesaro on Raw

and that's just top of my head. I didn't even care for the Jericho/Punk match at Payback either; I just wouldn't put any 2013 Jericho match on any "best" list. There's probably 3 Shield matches that are better than that match, too, like the tornado tag at ER, the preshow match at MitB, and give or take any of their PPV 6 man tags

edit: beaten, boootaay basically covered it

hlhbk

Punk/Cena from RAW in...February, I think? The one where Punk hit a piledriver.
Punk/Jericho at Payback.
Punk/Undertaker at Mania.
Bryan/Cesaro from RAW last month.
Bryan/Sheamus from RAW last month.
Bryan/Orton from RAW in June.

And probably a couple of those Shield 6-man tags as well. Don't get me wrong, RVD/Jericho was pretty great and I've been very surprised at the work RVD's been putting in since returning, but I don't think it was one of the best of the year.

I guess we have different tastes. By default anything with Cena and Sheamus in it is automatically disqualified from being a good match.

ZeroRay

I guess we have different tastes. By default anything with Cena and Sheamus in it is automatically disqualified from being a good match.

Sucks to be you bro. Cena's good when he tries, and Sheamus is a legit good big man wrassler trapped in a terrible ass character.

hlhbk

Sucks to be you bro. Cena's good when he tries, and Sheamus is a legit good big man wrassler trapped in a terrible ass character.

Cena is never good. The only time he is even close to being decent is when he is carried by a great performer. He has been pushed down our thoats for 10+ years. His time is over (and never should have began). It time for guys like Daniel Bryan and Ziggler to get the spot light along with Punk. Lets put it this way when Punk was gone, Ziggler was hurt and DB was with Kane I stopped watching WWE because I refused to give them the ratings for the same old shit.

They taught an actress how to wrestle? Must've looked terrible.

You sure made Eve Marie look so silly!

Anyway

John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan (Cena wins - no drama, nothing)
CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar (punk)
Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian (del Rio)
Kane vs. Bray Wyatt (bray)
Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn vs. Big E Langston & AJ Lee (dolphyn)
Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow (Rhodes)
Natalya vs. Brie Bella (Brie)
Dean Ambrose vs. Rob Van Dam (RVD via dq)

GolazoDan

Cena is never good. The only time he is even close to being decent is when he is carried by a great performer. He has been pushed down our thoats for 10+ years. His time is over (and never should have began). It time for guys like Daniel Bryan and Ziggler to get the spot light along with Punk. Lets put it this way when Punk was gone, Ziggler was hurt and DB was with Kane I stopped watching WWE because I refused to give them the ratings for the same old shit.
I'm pretty sure the "Cena's only good when he's carried" thing was killed off in 2006 when he had a great match with Bobby Lashley and is responsible for an acceptable match with Great Khali. His execution of moves isn't exceptional, he's quite robotic and clunky at times, but come on. How many good matches does he have to have until he gets credit?

On Sheamus, his matches with Mark Henry and Big Show were brilliant. Which is weird to say.

deli2000

Okay a couple of things.

Kane and DB were awesome. You are wrong

Bryan and Punk have had the spotlight for ages now. Heck even leading up to this PPV. They are being built as stars. You are wrong.

No one is carried by another wrestler. For a match to be good there needs to be two good performances. End of. You are wrong.

And Sheamus is a good wrestler. You are wrong.

hlhbk

I'm pretty sure the "Cena's only good when he's carried" thing was killed off in 2006 when he had a great match with Bobby Lashley and is responsible for an acceptable match with Great Khali. His execution of moves isn't exceptional, he's quite robotic and clunky at times, but come on. How many good matches does he have to have until he gets credit?

On Sheamus, his matches with Mark Henry and Big Show were brilliant. Which is weird to say.

I have watched the matches vs Lashley and Khali and thought they were garbage. Look I am the first to admit the more I find out about John that he seems like a nice guy in real life, but as a wrestler in the ring he is nothing more than hot garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom