• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SummerSlam 2013 |OT| The Spontaneous Combustion of Bryan Danielson & Cena Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
nys.gif

Finally Sunday is here!

Cena/Bryan, Kane/Wyatt and Punk/Lesnar got me hyyyyyped as fuck, seriously excited for this PPV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you brahs are really exicted for this PPV put your money where your mouth is and pay for it. Yes chants can only do so much.

He's right. WWE is worth supporting when it's firing on all cylinders like it seems to be now.

My son and I are both super hyped for the Punk/Brock match, Sandow/Rhodes match, and the Bryan/Cena/Orton(?) match, and most of the other matches should be at least decent-to-good. My wife's even onboard for the Nattie/Bella match, due to her rabid love of TOTAL DIVAS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So far the prediction spreadsheet says:

RVD over Dean Ambrose
Brie Bella over Natalya
Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow - 50/50 split
Big E and AJ just barely over Dolph and Kaitlyn
Bray Wyatt overwhelmingly over Kane
Del Rio over Christian
Lesnar over CM Pank
50/50 split for Bryan/Cena

So far the prediction spreadsheet says:

RVD over Dean Ambrose
Brie Bella over Natalya
Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow - 50/50 split
Big E and AJ just barely over Dolph and Kaitlyn
Bray Wyatt overwhelmingly over Kane
Del Rio over Christian
Lesnar over CM Pank
50/50 split for Bryan/Cena

Is it too late to join in?

my friends and I are watching the ppv via the new live viewer on the PS3. Does anyone have any experience using this app during the closed beta? Has anyone watched any of the previous ppvs via 360?

I watch this shit every week so while I'm braced for disappointment, I can't help get hyped and excited over even the thought of Daniel Bryan WWE Champion.

Now is your time D-Bry!

LETS DO THIS!

f51ERuv.gif

El-Suave

FINALLY a PPV (excluding MITB) where I'm genuinely excited for the main event - and there's two of them. Usually I fall asleep and miss the Cena match, but not this time! I'm pretty hyped for tonight - need to catch some sleep before it starts.

Showaddy

Looking forward to Wyatt/Kane a lot now that it's a proper match with pinfall. Bit worried about Wyatt making his wrestling debut on a big PPV but hopefully he works well with Kane.

Ravager61

WWE has done what I thought was impossible. They got me excited to watch wrestling again. Really looking forward to this PPV. They better not squander this momentum.

I also just bought tickets to Raw in October. Row 8 on the floor. That should be awesome.

I would be more excited if HHH and that whole McMahon crap storyline wasn't part of the main event. Should have put MadOx in as the ref at least if they were going to do that.

Marvel

could never
Anyone love the Kane and Wyatt inferno match promo? it's really damn good. The music that kicks in when Kane slowly raises his head, awesome stuff.

Poor DB aint wiinning shit :(

Honestly though, DB winning the WHC was enough for me anyways, happy he got that far considering his background and humble beginnings :)

Into

Hunter is in the match because the finish is not going to be clean, and they do not want people to boo Cena or Bryan

He will "help" Cena win, Cena will act like he does not want the help and still win.

Hunter is going heel to feud with Vince

GolazoDan

Legitimately 50/50 on the main event. I think the original plan was Cena to win because months ago this was presented as "Cena showing he's the best wrestler in the world" by having a great match with Danny B. However, Cena's gonna take (hopefully) quite a bit of time off to have his elbow fixed so they've probably changed to Bryan. In the end I think Orton's coming out anyway so it doesn't really matter, it depends on whether they want to set up Cena/Orton for the future or Bryan/Orton for now.

In an ideal world Bryan makes Cena tap out, Orton comes out to fuck the moment up and suddenly Bryan catches him with the unbreakable small package. That would legitimately be a great Summerslam moment and would, in my opinion, make a bonafide main eventer out of Bryan. The more likely scenario is Orton just beating him which would kinda suck.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Going home early, grabbing some Yoshinoya, and ready to see Orton win, Punk get smashed, and Ziggy buried further.

Jitters

John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan
CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar
Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian
Kane vs. Bray Wyatt
Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn vs. Big E Langston & AJ Lee
Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow
Natalya vs. Brie Bella
Dean Ambrose vs. Rob Van Dam - Some run in will happen and they'll end up doing a 6 man tag on the main show that the faces will win.

Sid

Mah predicitions:

John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan
CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar
Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian (Damien Sandow from Christian)
Kane vs. Bray Wyatt
Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn vs. Big E Langston & AJ Lee
Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow
Natalya vs. Brie Bella
Dean Ambrose vs. Rob Van Dam

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i have a feeling undertaker will appear in Kane's match

hlhbk

All of you ordering this are going to feel so bad when you find out you paid for Trips to get himself heavily involved in the main event scene again.

That would be 100% fine by me as long as Cena is gone.

BTW great job by WWE utilizing RVD. Hype his return for over a month, have him put on the best matches in the company since returning. I know lets not even put him on the actual PPV!

BTW GAF I am debating on testing the PS3 for the PPV stream. Anyone try that app before? How is the stream quality compared to the 360 or wwe.com?

Here are my predictions:

RVD vs. Ambrose - RVD wins via DQ due to a Shield run-in (possibly setting up Tag Team match between Reigns/Rollins vs. Big Show/Mark Henry)
Natalya vs. Brie - Natalya wins via Submission
Cody Rhodes vs.Damien Sandow - Sandow wins via pinfall
Dolph/Kaitlyn vs. AJ/Big E - Dolph/Kaitlyn wins via pinfall
Wyatt vs. Kane - Wyatt wins either by pinfall or by setting one of Kane's limbs on fire
Punk vs. Lesnar - Lesnar wins via Submission, most likely Punk passing out
Cena vs. Bryan - Bryan will win via Submission, then HHH turns on Bryan post-match which will cue Orton to cash in his MITB briefcase to end the night.

hlhbk

Watch him text himself to take out Bryan.

HBK vs. Bryan would be awesome if HBK was many years younger.

Who are you kidding? HBK vs just about anyone today is better than what we have now. HBK vs Bryan now would easily be match of the year if it happened tomorrow. The only 2 wrestlers in WWE today that are better than HBK today are Punk and Bryan.

That would be 100% fine by me as long as Cena is gone.

BTW great job by WWE utilizing RVD. Hype his return for over a month, have him put on the best matches in the company since returning. I know lets not even put him on the actual PPV!
1. Okay.

2. People know RVD matches, and he doesn't have a feud. There's no point in putting him on the PPV.

Why doesn't the SummerSlam Jam get much respect around these parts?
It'll always remain 2nd tier because it was a ripoff of the Wrestlemania song, and a rather uninspired one. Don't get me wrong, I liked it but c'mon could they change the beat/rhythm/tempo?

hlhbk

1. Okay.

2. People know RVD matches, and he doesn't have a feud. There's no point in putting him on the PPV.

His matches since his return have been anything but predictable. His match with Jericho was easily one of the best matches all year. It's on WWE management he isn't in a fued. Since they seem intent on not allowing Ziggler to main event why not put him against RVD? Imagine how great the matches would be.

Marvel

could never
His matches since his return have been anything but predictable. His match with Jericho was easily one of the best matches all year. It's on WWE management he isn't in a fued. Since they seem intent on not allowing Ziggler to main event why not put him against RVD? Imagine how great the matches would be.

Jesus... spot heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom