• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

You guys know LocoCycle is $4.49 on GameDealDaily? If you're still interested, it's gotta be worth five bucks. :p

Zoo Tycoon is a game I want to try, but even on eBay digital codes are around $25-30.

iso135

I hope for Ryse vice DR3 as I bought DR3 a few months ago. I have enjoyed it so far, but I haven't played a ton yet. I would love to try Ryse for free.

Chris1

Been looking into it and I don't think it will be Ryse or DR3. While I'm not sure if it carries over to the XB1, but on the 360 there was a fineprint that stated you would get free games up to the value of $40 each month, I'm not sure if they stuck to that or if it carried on/was increased for the XB1 or what as I can't find it anywhere now but Ryse and DR3 are both $49.99 on the store.

Rayman Legends costs $39.99, which is the most expensive title we've got on the One, unless this has changed from the 360, I'll go on the assumption that $39 is also the limit on XB1.

Retail games that are $39 or less: Thief, Titanfall, Sniper Elite 3, Screamride, NBA 15, Don Bradman Cricket, Trials Fusion, Fantasia, Metro 2033/Metro LL, Lego Videogame, TR DE, PvZ, BF4, AC4, NFS Rivals, Lego Superheroes.. Hopefully I'm not missing any.

Out of that list, Thief and Titanfall seems very likely. A lot of them are either sports games, games that went free with 360 gwg very recently (or a game in that franchise), EA access or just got heavily bundled which I think for the most part we can rule out.

I think it'll be Thief, Titanfall doesn't make much sense since their 1st year anniversary is this month, I would think if it was going to be free anytime soon it would be in March to celebrate that, but I wouldn't rule it out either. Thief has also went free on PS, but for the PS3.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Been looking into it and I don't think it will be Ryse or DR3. While I'm not sure if it carries over to the XB1, but on the 360 there was a fineprint that stated you would get free games up to the value of $40 each month, I'm not sure if they stuck to that or if it carried on/was increased for the XB1 or what as I can't find it anywhere now but Ryse and DR3 are both $49.99 on the store.

Are the vanilla versions $50 or the Ultimate editions?

There is a rumor on the xb1 subreddit its all lego games for april.

4 for 360, 2 for x1.

lego my good goddamn games ms
i know some people love lego games sorry

4 for 360, 2 for x1.

approved.gif.gif

6 Lego games will make me a very happy Pixel.

Certinty

4 for 360, 2 for x1.

Hopefully this isn't true.

Saying that though LEGO Marvel Superheroes is an amazing game which everyone should give a try regardless if they have liked previous LEGO games if it's one of the included games.

Ape

Banned
Lego games...

Why? If you don't like one then you won't like the other five. There's a real opportunity here don't fuck it up!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather have some cool indie game over either Ryse or DR3. I want a good game, not a AAA game.

Chris1

I doubt the lego rumour is true, maybe they'll make one game free on both consoles at best, but I can't see them making six lego games free lol.

Edit: http://vgmmdi.com/aprils-games-with-gold-lineup-announced/

Is that where the rumour started? Was posted at least 2 hours ago, doesn't look very reliable lol.

Edit2: Yeah, I just noticed that site said the second half of the month for XB1 would be lego superheroes, pretty sure this is false. Games are free for the entire month on xb1, at least that has been the case in the past even when there were two brand new games.

stinkytick

Neo Member
Edit2: Yeah, I just noticed that site said the second half of the month for XB1 would be lego superheroes, pretty sure this is false. Games are free for the entire month on xb1, at least that has been the case in the past even when there were two brand new games.

Yeah I'm pretty sure this would be an even bigger example of how this Lego lineup is a joke (but a pretty classy one if I may):

Widespread Virginity Threatens PC Master Race With Extinction
http://vgmmdi.com/widespread-virginity-threatens-pc-master-race-with-extinction/

Hideo Kojima To Destroy Konami Headquarters
http://vgmmdi.com/hideo-kojima-to-destroy-konami-headquarters/

Akai__

Lego games. Meh.

Oh my god, Rayman Legends is amazing. Best GwG on XBO so far.

Yep. Had tons of fun with the game, but now only the stupid grinding remains for the 100%. :(

Ubisoft is the worst, when it comes to grinding for achievements...

I doubt the lego rumour is true, maybe they'll make one game free on both consoles at best, but I can't see them making six lego games free lol.

Is that where the rumour started? Was posted at least 2 hours ago, doesn't look very reliable lol.

Yeah, that's gotta be fabricated. That is way too much Lego. I'd totally take one or two though.

jesu

Phew!
Not true then.
That site is like The Onion of videogames.

Krixeus

So glad to hear. Some of the LEGO games were fun but having a month of 6 of them across both systems would have been terrible.

Top Bottom