• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

H3xum

I've never played any of the Lego games. My lady friend recently asked if I wanted her to start playing some games with me, this seems like a good start.

I've never played any of the Lego games. My lady friend recently asked if I wanted her to start playing some games with me, this seems like a good start.

My non-gaming girlfriend enjoyed her time playing one of them with me. I'd say they're a great place to start.

Madness

One Lego game is whatever, but having them all be Lego games is ridiculous if true. More variety is needed. Not going to complain about free, but ideally you'd want a mix of genres or games.

GoxRx

cryingsoccerfan.gif

If that is true,I'm going to be HIGHLY upset.

LMAO great gif. I love the guy laughing at the background.

I like LEGO games and everything but six? just LEGO games? that would be weird.

Special C

Lego games. Meh.

Yep. Had tons of fun with the game, but now only the stupid grinding remains for the 100%. :(

Ubisoft is the worst, when it comes to grinding for achievements...

Just log on once a day, Grab your creature Gold then do the 2 challenges. It will take you a long time this way, but it's the most efficient. It amounts to about 10 minutes of play time per day so it never really feels like a grind.

Yeah but its probably carried over.

It may well have although I don't think the double helpings month is supposed to be permanent thing (as yet, anyway) so I don't know if they are going to have one great month and throw the budget out of the window or whether this is how they move forward (in which case I don't expect them to ignore that limit)

It is curious that Ryse/DR3 aren't available without the DLC anymore, I am hopefully we will get both of them at some point but I'm expecting it to just be vanilla version and a sale for the DLC/seasons pass.

Akai__

Just log on once a day, Grab your creature Gold then do the 2 challenges. It will take you a long time this way, but it's the most efficient. It amounts to about 10 minutes of play time per day so it never really feels like a grind.

Having to play the game for an average of 120 days is feeling like a grind to me...

JP

I really hope this isn't true.

It's not that the games are terrible but there's little to differentiate the vast majority of them.. Tried playing the Hobbit game in a friends and they've just mind numbing.games and I genuinely don't think I could sit through a whole Lego game again. :(

mclem

Really? Rayman, to me, has some of the most precise controls in ANY platformer I have ever played..

I've not been comfortable with the controls in Origins myself. I think it's the detail rather than the control itself; it makes it hard to actually distinguish the centre of gravity of the player and the edge of platforms. I suspect it'd come with more practice.

Broman1978

For Xbox One, Games with Gold offers two excellent games in April: Child of Light and Pool Nation FX. Nominated for “Best Overall Game of 2014” by IGN, Child of Light is an RPG inspired by fairy tales. The story takes us on the coming-of-age journey of Aurora, the daughter of a duke, who is transported to the fantastic world of Lemuria. During your journey, you’ll meet enemies in classic turn-based combat, solve puzzles, and search for mysteries.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/03/xbox-april-games-with-gold?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

For Xbox One, Games with Gold offers two excellent games in April: Child of Light and Pool Nation FX. Nominated for “Best Overall Game of 2014” by IGN, Child of Light is an RPG inspired by fairy tales. The story takes us on the coming-of-age journey of Aurora, the daughter of a duke, who is transported to the fantastic world of Lemuria. During your journey, you’ll meet enemies in classic turn-based combat, solve puzzles, and search for mysteries.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/03/xbox-april-games-with-gold?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Are we not getting 4 games in April?

Brakara

Are we not getting 4 games in April?

2 for Xbox One, 4 for the 360.

* Gears of War: Judgment ($19.99 ERP): Available from April 1-15 on Xbox 360
* Terraria ($14.99 ERP): Available from April 1-15 on Xbox 360
* Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag ($29.99 ERP): Available from April 16-31 on Xbox 360
* Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel ($19.99 ERP): Available from April 16-31 on Xbox 360

belushy

Banned

* Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag ($29.99 ERP): Available from April 16-31 on Xbox 360
* Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel ($19.99 ERP): Available from April 16-31 on Xbox 360

I like that list there, haven't played any of the them except for Terraria on PC.

Thank you. I cant wait to try Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel. I had the first one and thought it was much better then reviews made it out to be.

Craft

Great Month, this means I'll have every Gears of War on digitally now!

Microsoft really need to just allow the unlimited external hard drives on the Xbox 360, having to juggle stuff around every month is a pain.

Will grab Child of Light for Xbone. That was on my Steam list but hey I'll take free any day.

Will likely grab the Gears game and the Army of Two one as well.

In all it's a good month for free stuff from my perspective.

ElNino

Pool Nation FX? Dammit, was hoping for Powerstar Golf in NA. Lucky EU got it a wile back.
Isn't Powerstar Golf now a "free" game, but the courses are DLC add-ons? Would that work for Games With Gold if what they are giving is an add-on?

I bought the game at launch so I have all the courses anyways... but it's a good game, if you are interested I'd suggest to buy the DLC.

MrPanic

What's the current GwG for 360? Seems like a good deal to pick up a month of xbox live now.

edit: oh, it's Bioshock Infinite. I'll definitely pick up a month of gold to grab these 5 games up.

quickwhips

Great Month, this means I'll have every Gears of War on digitally now!

Microsoft really need to just allow the unlimited external hard drives on the Xbox 360, having to juggle stuff around every month is a pain.

What is MS reason for not allowing external drives on 360 yet? They need to do this soon.

Isn't Powerstar Golf now a "free" game, but the courses are DLC add-ons? Would that work for Games With Gold if what they are giving is an add-on?

I bought the game at launch so I have all the courses anyways... but it's a good game, if you are interested I'd suggest to buy the DLC.

The (small) base game is free, a few months back the add-ons that give you the full game was an X1 GWG offering, but only in the EU. If they can do it in the EU, they can do it here. I'm not buying the DLC, I expect it will be free here at some point.

EU did? thought it went free to play for everybody and that you buy extra stuff if you want it?

Powerstar Golf "full game unlock" was a free "game" with GWG in the EU in November.

The US got fucked with Volgarr instead, and you are damned right I'm salty.

What is MS reason for not allowing external drives on 360 yet? They need to do this soon.

Hardware limitations with the USB controller chip IIRC.

Chris1

The (small) base game is free, a few months back the add-ons that give you the full game was an X1 GWG offering, but only in the EU.

If they can do it in the EU, they can do it here.

I'm not buying the DLC, I expect it will be free here at some point.
Not EU. It was Australia because Volgar wasn't available in that region.. We will probably get it free with gold once Volgar is available in Aussie and reverse the games from that month. I hope so anyways.

Not EU. It was Australia because Volgar wasn't available in that region.. We will probably get it free with gold once Volgar is available in Aussie and reverse the games from that month. I hope so anyways.

Whoops. Australia. Apparently maybe Brazil and some other places too. My bad, not the EU. But I still expect there's a good chance it will show up as a GWG "game" in other territories at some point.

royox

Holy shit with bioshock infinite that's 5 games i don't have for 6 bucks. Totally subbing.

Alx

Seems like a good offer, I didn't own any of those (except for AC4 which I got on X1). Backlog expanding...

Top Bottom