• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Defense Grid 2 is very fun so far. Played through the first two chapters and haven't really found it all that difficult (on normal difficulty anyway), which is good because there's nothing worse than an unfair tower defense game.

dLMN8R

I liked DG1 but quickly grew tired of it since, like so many other tower defense games, it just became a pretty annoying set of trial and error.

Is DG2 any better in that regard?

Brakara

I liked DG1 but quickly grew tired of it since, like so many other tower defense games, it just became a pretty annoying set of trial and error.

Is DG2 any better in that regard?

Not really. If you liked DG1, you'll probably like the sequel, and if you didn't, then you probably won't.

Chris1

New games are up

Costume Quest 2 (XB1):
https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/Costume-Quest-2/16e4c684-76ac-4842-a894-3cdb475792c5

Peggle (XB1 & 360):
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Peggle/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410889
(It might take a few minutes for the price to update in your region just try again later if it's not showing as free)

Reminder last chance to get Sunset Overdrive
https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/Sunset-Overdrive/3d595ce4-5a7b-4217-a6b8-8f23b3a8acea

Chris1

What's Microsoft's take on switching regions to get different games for free? Is it something they frown upon? Have they banned people for it?

Doubt they will ever officially respond to it for obvious reasons but they've never banned anyone for it.

I used to be worried about that too, you can look through my post history in this thread, but after the 3rd or 4th time and nobody got banned for it I just started getting them. Got both Lococycle a few month ago and Kalimba last month and haven't been banned.

These deals usually always make it to front page of xboxone Reddit too, if it was bannable I'm sure Major Nelson or someone would step in and tell people not to do it

Doubt they will ever officially respond to it for obvious reasons but they've never banned anyone for it.

I used to be worried about that too, you can look through my post history in this thread, but after the 3rd or 4th time and nobody got banned for it I just started getting them. Got both Lococycle a few month ago and Kalimba last month and haven't been banned.

These deals usually always make it to front page of xboxone Reddit too, if it was bannable I'm sure Major Nelson or someone would step in and tell people not to do it

Right, cheers. I'll do it then.

Don Draper's Hat; the first person to be banned for switching regions.

Several months ago, I would've been very happy about Costume Quest or Costume Quest 2 being a freebie. But I bit the bullet and bought both games for $5+ on Steam after finding out I could run them and seeing them on sale.

I should've waited, because I haven't really taken the time to play either.

lifelower

What's Microsoft's take on switching regions to get different games for free? Is it something they frown upon? Have they banned people for it?

Apparently, Microsoft is OK with it.

Yes, you can redeem the games with Gold when you change your marketplace in Japan and this is not considered as Marketplace Theft since you have the Gold subscription on your account. Yes. No problem. I can assure you, you are not doing anything wrong my friend.
http://www.icxm.net/x/may-2016-games-with-gold-revealed-defense-grid-2-peggle-and-more.html

ryan299

OMG

I was scared of doing this, but it's cool that Nelson said it's safe.

I just did it. Got Kalimba from Japan and SlashDash from Korea.

He didn't. Someone on Microsoft chat said it was fine.

Major said this on reddit after it was explained to him that it's against the TOU to change your account region to somewhere you don't live, it's not against the TOU to buy from other regions.

Yup...I misunderstood.
As long as what you are doing does not violate the Xbox Live TOU - have fun.

Seems like this is very popular on Reddit and people do it often.

He didn't. Someone on Microsoft chat said it was fine.

I want to be clear that I'm not trying to dissuade anyone else from doing this.

Personally, I don't want to try to cite "James" from a non-MS-hosted Internet transcript when I am arguing against a XBL ban. I realize that people are doing it without repercussion now but to me the few dinky games that I could obtain (and probably play less than 10 min overall) are not worth the risk without any kind of official policy or at least word from someone at MS with a last name. These kinds of things usually start out OK when only a few are doing it, but then it catches on and tons of people start and it becomes a "problem". Suddenly MS reverses course, and things get interesting. Not worth it for these games.

Major said this on reddit after it was explained to him that it's against the TOU to change your account region to somewhere you don't live, it's not against the TOU to buy from other regions.

Do you have a link to this?

ryan299

I want to be clear that I'm not trying to dissuade anyone else from doing this.

Personally, I don't want to try to cite "James" from a non-MS-hosted Internet transcript when I am arguing against a XBL ban. I realize that people are doing it without repercussion now but to me the few dinky games that I could obtain (and probably play less than 10 min overall) are not worth the risk without any kind of official policy or at least word from someone at MS with a last name. These kinds of things usually start out OK when only a few are doing it, but then it catches on and tons of people start and it becomes a "problem". Suddenly MS reverses course, and things get interesting. Not worth it for these games.

Do you have a link to this?

Expand the convo

No clue as to the legitimacy of this, just saw it on Reddit.

http://gearnuke.com/games-with-gold-june-2016-leaked-ryse-and-red-dead-redemption/

games-with-gold-june-2016-leaked.jpg

Chris1

Anyways might aswell start up with predictions since there's fake pics going around, I've always said DR3 would be June to coincide with a a DR4 announcement.. so my guesses:

XB1: DR3, Pure Pool

360: Skate 3, Banjo Nuts & Bolts

Can someone quickly search the Xbone store for Ryse?

It's a launch title so I don't see why not there could be a green banner at the bottom.

Probably fake though.

It doesn't have it, that's literally the entire box not just the cover art. And the normal edition isn't on the store any more, only legendary with all DLC.

Top Bottom