• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think no one will care if MS ends the show with the announcement of this exclusive for Xbox...

Red-Dead-Redemption.jpg

Phil drops the mic ....

No way it'll happen.

And, speaking even as a huge XBox fan, I don't want any of this exclusive nonsense restricting gamers from playing 3rd party games. The landscape has changed from ~10years ago when it was all about who could lock down the most games.

Also PG - if you're going to put an image in, wrap it in "QUOTE" tags so it doesn't fill the whole screen.

My "kids" MS account just emailed me his summary for this week. His only activity was logging into a Windows 10 PC on Fri, Sat and Sun this week for 1 second. He accessed XBoxUI.exe.

We are on the preview build so I wondered if this was linked to one of their updates. The only time he logs into is the XBO and he doesn't know his password or log in ID to get onto any other device.

It's things like this that send me into overhype - why change this just before E3? What does it mean? Can I survive the next 7 hours......

Kazooie

Banned
Can't wait for this.

Microsoft lost me during 2012/2013 when the 360 was baron, whilst the PS3 had PS+ and loads of exclusives.

It seems they have really got it back together in the last year or 2 though.

The leaked One S looks great. If it's £299 I'll be buying it just for the exclusives: Rare Replay, MCC, Halo 5, Sea of Thieves and Gears 4.

^^^ Banjo Threeie would be the only huge announcement they could make for me, but not expecting it.

Mulitplayer going free would be a good one.

All 3rd party and 1st party games having guaranteed platform mandated cross play with their PC counterparts going forward would be another.

How do you solve the mouse/keyboard and controller situation?

I don't have a desk to play my XBO so I'm always going to be a controller user. Do you force controller for PC?

How do you solve the mouse/keyboard and controller situation?

I don't have a desk to play my XBO so I'm always going to be a controller user. Do you force controller for PC?

For one, I think they've already confirmed mouse/keyboard support for the bone. And two, they've also confirmed that they'll allow console players to choose whether they get matched against mouse/keyboard users when playing games.

Aside from competitive games, and namely FPS, it's a good idea - co-op experiences etc would really benefit from a greater player pool.

I also think they'll improve the gold account benefits if they do make multilayer free - including Groove Music subscription, and maybe free films from Xbox Video every month.

They have the tools and the technology to give consumers value - just up to them to do it.

Eric WK

Mulitplayer going free would be a good one.

All 3rd party and 1st party games having guaranteed platform mandated cross play with their PC counterparts going forward would be another.

But nobody would want that for any shooter or, in the rare case of Halo Wars 2, RTSs. I'm far more interested in XBL-PSN cross play.

e: Read your second post and I feel like the implementation would be clunky, but as you point out, the option for co-op experiences doesn't hurt.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Haha.
Also a chance we will see a Titanfall 2 demo at the presser?
Zzzzzzz

I think a five minute singleplayer walkthrough is pretty much a given. Sony has that contract with Activision, they will not show Titanfall 2 and Call of Duty at the same event.

RoKKeR

I think a five minute singleplayer walkthrough is pretty much a given. Sony has that contract with Activision, they will not show Titanfall 2 and Call of Duty at the same event.
A given? No way, it might show up but it absolutely will not get a five minute demo. If anything, I am expecting a Battlefield 1 campaign reveal. Xbox is going to be marketing that game hard this year, and BF4 had a single player demo at the 2013 conference.

Going to be for 5 hours. See you on the other side GAF & HaloGAF. Hopefully there aren't any more leaks between now and then.
Godspeed MS ninjas

No way it'll happen.

And, speaking even as a huge XBox fan, I don't want any of this exclusive nonsense restricting gamers from playing 3rd party games. The landscape has changed from ~10years ago when it was all about who could lock down the most games.

Also PG - if you're going to put an image in, wrap it in "QUOTE" tags so it doesn't fill the whole screen.

No problem ...

This was a joke response to RE7 being exclusive to PS4...

No problem ...

This was a joke response to RE7 being exclusive to PS4...

I hope that isn't true. I consider RE to be a much bigger franchise than DR, who doesn't? Even if RE really needs to become good again though.

I won't be checking the gaming page of Neogaf until after MS, i don't want to know the whole show before it even begins.

Genio88

Can't wait for the conference this evening(here in Europe) so i guess now it's almost settle that Microsoft won't be showing the upgraded Xbox Scorpio right? Sony just announced they won't be showing PS4 Neo too, also we know Microsoft will already show the Xbox Slim, already enough hardware announcement for a conference, and showing the Scorpio now too would just hurt the current Xbox One and Xbox One Slim sales from now untill 2017 when it should release, i guess they'll show it next year

Jet Force Gem 2
Conker 2
BK3
FH3
KI 2
PG5
Kameco 2
Jade Empire 2
Reboot of NightCaster
Phantom Dust Reboot
Fable 4
Perfect Dark 2
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Tao Feng (Redone)

Plus 2000 to 2004 and 2005 to 2011 era MS. If any of that happens in 2017 - 2020, I'll be so happy.

Chobel

Of course if the subs drop or stay the same they will lose profit. But if they increase they will have more.

Unless you think adding all that wouldn't increase their adoption, but I couldn't see why not.

You don't see why not? I mean really? No MP paywall means many won't have to pay for subs anymore, and the majority will absolutely do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom