• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekim

untitled-14wb1c.jpg

P U M P E D

Grazzt

2:30 am... After today's exam I'm already too tired to stay up that late. Will catch up all the things tomorrow morning. Hope it will be good.

Hoo-doo

Banned
That doesn't make sense. What does a new Band have to do with anything gaming?

Maybe they are putting achievements on real life.

Achievement unlocked - Bench pressed 200lbs - 100g
Achievement unlocked - Went for a five mile run - 100g

SpotAnime

PS4 price drop to $250 confirmed.

That would kill any chance for the S. Sony has the last press conference, so going out with a $50 discount on the best selling hardware would be the only thing people remember. Don't forget, the S is just a better looking but same capability Xbox One. It's the same thing MS offers today with new cosmetics.

Why does it say starting at $299, maybe a game bundled

Other posters are saying that's the 500GB model, and 2TB and potentially UHD BD versions could go up to $449 (bad move IMO).

RoKKeR

That would kill any chance for the S. Sony has the last press conference, so going out with a $50 discount on the best selling hardware would be the only thing people remember. Don't forget, the S is just a better looking but same capability Xbox One. It's the same thing MS offers today with new cosmetics.
This is very clearly not the case. A 4K UHD disc drive is a pretty substantial thing to add. Obviously the computing power isn't changing, but it's a bit more than just a new look.

gus-gus

Banned
I don't know unfortunately.

No.

Question, I understand the slim being released but why so many configs with just different hdds if Scorpio is releasing next year. Why not 1 at 1 tb as a stop gap. UHD isn't that big of deal yet to make a system that plays uhd movies. Why sink that money into that?

singhr1

Outside of DR4 I don't know what wasn't known.

Ori 2 and State of Decay 2 (possibly). Both of which, you know, whatever. We know a name and a possible screenshot. That doesn't hurt the press conference reveals in anyway outside of anticipating it. I still want to know what they could add in a sequel to both of those games outside of, hey we made a bigger world?

ekim

Question, I understand the slim being released but why so many configs with just different hdds if Scorpio is releasing next year. Why not 1 at 1 tb as a stop gap. UHD isn't that big of deal yet to make a system that plays uhd movies. Why sink that money into that?

Why just UHD movies? :eek:)

The HDD is an easy swap for MS, and it helps create extra bank from all the whales who buy the bigger versions at a significant mark up.

gus-gus

Banned
The HDD is an easy swap for MS, and it helps create extra bank from all the whales who buy the bigger versions at a significant mark up.

I know the hdd is an easy switch but when your system isn't selling well why release systems that are more expensive. When you're trying to regain market share

ekim

I know the hdd is an easy switch but when your system isn't selling well why release systems that are more expensive. When you're trying to regain market share

To give people options. If they only sell the cheapest SKU what would change?

gus-gus

Banned
I don't think I understand your question. They also have 2 different size options for the vanilla Xbox One.

Why release so many systems, even if it's just an easy hdd swap. Something that will be in the market a year and then Scorpio.

Lucifon

Dead Rising 4, Forza Horizon 3, Ori 2, Halo Wars 2 with a beta today, State of Decay 2, New slim console, Recore gameplay, Gears 4 gameplay.

That alone is a pretty awesome press conference, yet because we know about it all it'll feel like it's reeling off of a script we have in front of us.

ekim

Why release so many systems, even if it's just an easy hdd swap. Something that will be in the market a year and then Scorpio.

The slim is there to stay also with Scorpio being on the market. By then the slim will be cheaper and a nice entry to Xbox gaming. People still bought 360s when the One released.

Because some people will buy them, paying an extra $100 for something that cost MS only ~$25.

It all helps them maintain profitability on the hardware, especially when you start factoring in stuff like holiday deals and discounts.

Alexious

Ori 2 and State of Decay 2 (possibly). Both of which, you know, whatever. We know a name and a possible screenshot. That doesn't hurt the press conference reveals in anyway outside of anticipating it. I still want to know what they could add in a sequel to both of those games outside of, hey we made a bigger world?

Are you kidding? State of Decay was always meant to be an MMO. State of Decay 2 will hopefully deliver that, or at least a heavy and deep online mode.

squall23

Since this is the currently the most active E3 thread, I should ask here.

Is there any way I can stream the conferences on mobile or ipad? Do the youtube and/or twitch apps work relatively OK? Or is there any other alternative because I'm not going to be home for some of them.

ekim

Since this is the currently the most active E3 thread, I should ask here.

Is there any way I can stream the conferences on mobile or ipad? Do the youtube and/or twitch apps work relatively OK? Or is there any other alternative because I'm not going to be home for some of them.

I think the stream on Xbox.com will work. Other than that, the youtube app works fine for me (iOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom