• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Since this is the currently the most active E3 thread, I should ask here.

Is there any way I can stream the conferences on mobile or ipad? Do the youtube and/or twitch apps work relatively OK? Or is there any other alternative because I'm not going to be home for some of them.

Twitch app or youtube app should work fine.
Also any videogame website like IGN or giantbomb will support mobile/tablet streaming.

Miles X

I think if this is MS's load, and it wasn't leaked, people would actually come out more disappointed than if they didn't previously know.

I mean Ori 2, DR4 ect should all be great fan service games, but they're not years in the waiting or super hyped sequels, great solid games but yeah ...

Perhaps this way people are gonna focus on the footage and what's actually being shown rather than big announcements.

gus-gus

Banned
Because some people will buy them, paying an extra $100 for something that cost MS only ~$25.

It all helps them maintain profitability on the hardware, especially when you start factoring in stuff like holiday deals and discounts.

That stuff I understand very well, but how long do you go on when your losing market share. The Xbox sales numbers are getting worse. If you're launching with the same specs at 399 and neo is around the corner, how do you expect to sell. If the 399 rumor is true for neo.

Just to make it clear I'm not down on this console I'll get it, just an odd move.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Why release so many systems, even if it's just an easy hdd swap. Something that will be in the market a year and then Scorpio.

The die shrink required for the Slim was rumoured to be 90+ million cost. This thing is going to stay in the market for at least three years. And customers love choice.

The S is meant to ignite sales like the Slim did for Xbox 360.

Bru

There's something else to this system isn't there? You don't make 3 configs for uhd movies makes no sense

I̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶P̶h̶i̶l̶ ̶S̶p̶e̶n̶c̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶u̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶u̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶u̶p̶g̶r̶a̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶r̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶p̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶R̶u̶m̶o̶u̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶g̶'̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶l̶i̶m̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶u̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶n̶o̶n̶e̶t̶h̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶.̶

.... and I've just discovered Phil clarified his statement at a later date with modular console upgrades are ’Not our plan’.

Forget everything I just said!

The amount of confirmed games coming out this year is already staggering... Can't wait to see what else will be breaking my wallet at 1230 lol

That stuff I understand very well, but how long do you go on when your losing market share. The Xbox sales numbers are getting worse. If you're launching with the same specs at 399 and neo is around the corner, how do you expect to sell. If the 399 rumor is true for neo.

Just to make it clear I'm not down on this console I'll get it, just an odd move.

But they aren't. It's a $299 Xbox One with a 4K Blu Ray player. Everything else is optional extra for those that want it.

It's not going to set the world on fire but is still a decent product.

It seems Microsoft's timeline is to release their new powerful console next year. Probably then pushing it as the primary system, with the XB1S relegated to the budget option for consumers.

Who knows how it will all pan out. We are entering uncharted territory.

Feel sorry for Microsoft, leaks ruined the surprises.

There has to be much more exciting stuff on tap than a traditional hardware revision and some sequels that made sense long before now. If what was leaked or discovered over the weekend has truly ruined their showing's impact, they would be probably still be disappointing people had those screens and bits of information stayed a surprise.

The new Xbox app on my android tablet is now literally the same app as it is on my windows phone. It's very nice. Well done, Msoft.

I think the iOS app has the same update.

SpotAnime

The die shrink required for the Slim was rumoured to be 90+ million cost. This thing is going to stay in the market for at least three years. And customers love choice.

The S is meant to ignite sales like the Slim did for Xbox 360.

The Slim ignited sales because of Kinect and RROD. S doesn't have either. Either the S has some secret sauce that hasn't leaked yet or they are betting people want UHD. I'm not convinced that's enough.

$300? Oh hell yes. MS PLEASE GIVE US A TRADE IN PROMOTION

Yeah, might be worth a $100 upgrade, but I'm not looking forward to downloading or installing my games again. :/

gus-gus

Banned
But they aren't. It's a $299 Xbox One with a 4K Blu Ray player. Everything else is optional extra for those that want it.

It's not going to set the world on fire but is still a decent product.

It seems Microsoft's timeline is to release their new powerful console next year. Probably then pushing it as the primary system, with the XB1S relegated to the budget option for consumers.

Who knows how it will all pan out. We are entering uncharted territory.

Is that physical uhd player confirmed? or is it streaming uhd movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom