• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed it for you. If they are going to say a firm date, they would never say Spring and undermine the Slim potential sales, because people would just wait 5 months to get the more powerful home console from the Xbox HW Ecosystem.

The potential flaw to that argument would be thinking that the market for a brand new console is the same as the one that waited this long to buy an Xbox One in the first place.

Console launches are exciting for people like us, but the general population doesn't care about the latest and greatest thing.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
NerdLeaks just posted this:
NerdLeaks ‏@Nerd_Leaks 2m2 minutes ago
We decided to stop the spoilers. There are 3 big exclusive more and 1big multiplatform, plus Gwent and indie games. We give some hype... :)

You don't change your 3 months planning in a 24 hour notice just because their conference got leaked on message boards on the internet.

A: Hey boss everything for our conference got leaked on the internet. What are you going to do now boss?
B: Just reveal everything. Even stuff that isn't ready to release. Just show prototypes like EA for games that maybe will never be greenlited or tech specs for a console that isn't already finalized. Put your 5 year old son drawings in there as well and call it a concept art for the next open world RPG with dragons!

They must have countermeasures in case stuff like this happens.... or maybe not.

Osahi

So will MS have any suprises left to announce? Lol.

It seems worse then Sony a few years back.

Really looking forward to seeing Ori 2 and Horizon 3 in action though (and ReCore). Those two are a sure Day One for me.

NHale

The potential flaw to that argument would be thinking that the market for a brand new console is the same as the one that waited this long to buy an Xbox One in the first place.

Console launches are exciting for people like us, but the general population doesn't care about the latest and greatest thing.

The issue is that those that waited might as well wait a little longer if they know a better console is coming. People that wait to get a product are often more cautious about their purchases, even people here on GAF are not going to buy a Xbox One S if they know Scorpio is coming early 2017.

KingBroly

Banned
Come on, Microsoft. Announce you bought Metroid and are retconning Other M and Fed Farce. I believe in you!

not really. It'd be pretty sweet, though.

Salty Hippo

NerdLeaks ‏@Nerd_Leaks 2m2 minutes ago
We decided to stop the spoilers. There are 3 big exclusive more and 1big multiplatform, plus Gwent and indie games. We give some hype... :)

Wait, 3 big unannounced exclusive games?

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
If we go by what NerdLeaks last posted and their 3 previous tweets, the games missing are (unannounced in bold):

Sea Of Thieves
Crackdown
Dead Rising 4
State Of Decay 2
Ori and the Blind Forest (leak not confirmed)
The other Forza (is this real?)

They already talked about Horizon 3, Recore and FFXV

Shabad

Wait, 3 big unannounced exclusive games?

They didn't specify unannounced, so State of Decay and Dead Rising 4 would be among those. Ori could be the 3rd.

But more importantly, they said no Gears, which is obviously BS, which undermines everything else they said.

Boke1879

Big multiplatform is probably FFXV.

But they already mentioned that one. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say DMC or Titanfall.

The 3 exclusives could be Recore, other Forza and DR4, but honestly who knows.

Eh yea South Park could be the multiplat game but I see Ubi saving that for their conference. I did forget about State of Decay, AoE and Battletoads.

iMax

You don't change your 3 months planning in a 24 hour notice just because their conference got leaked on message boards on the internet.

A: Hey boss everything for our conference got leaked on the internet. What are you going to do now boss?
B: Just reveal everything. Even stuff that isn't ready to release. Just show prototypes like EA for games that maybe will never be greenlited or tech specs for a console that isn't already finalized. Put your 5 year old son drawings in there as well and call it a concept art for the next open world RPG with dragons!

You do if you have to. Scorpio, for example. I think they'll probably say a little more on that than they were planning.

NerdLeaks @Nerd_Leaks
We say 3 big games. Definition of "big" could be subjective. There are other 3 games too (2 exclusive, 1 exclusive&mobile).

Yeah, I'm not buying that they suddenly decided to stop posting spoilers just because. Either they ran out of stuff (never had the full conference to begin with) or they got ninja'd.

TBiddy

Yeah, I'm not buying that they suddenly decided to stop posting spoilers just because. Either they ran out of stuff (never had the full conference to begin with) or they got ninja'd.

Or they were just making stuff up. I mean, they didn't post anything new, did they?

rrs

Yeah not believing much of the Nerdleaks stuff now. Most of the stuff we've known or speculated for the past few weeks. Just going for clicks and attention.
that's what it feels like for me too, just the same old shit and stuff anyone could guess

The issue is that those that waited might as well wait a little longer if they know a better console is coming. People that wait to get a product are often more cautious about their purchases, even people here on GAF are not going to buy a Xbox One S if they know Scorpio is coming early 2017.

I sort of follow you there. My question in that scenario would be why those people waited in the first place. If you're holding off on a console purchase based on price, you probably aren't buying consoles at launch as that's traditionally when they cost the most and offer the least.

Some people will find value in owning the newest technology (I know I fall into this camp), while others will find more value in being a late adopter due to bundles, lower price, etc. No matter what way you slice it there can be room for Scorpio and the slim to coexist.

rrs

Folded that under "didn't have the whole conference to begin with," but yeah. Looking more likely to be nonsense now.
We got the whole conference everyone!!!one1

five seconds later: but we don't want to ruin it, here's some vague numbers so we can claim we were right later

I want on this train. :(

MS has, surprisingly one of the most appealing line-ups. I am SUPER stoked for Gears 4, Halo Wars 2, and Scalebound. Also I'm expecting some news (release info) on Inside, the followup to one of my most beloved games!

But they already mentioned that one. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say DMC or Titanfall.

The 3 exclusives could be Recore, other Forza and DR4, but honestly who knows.

Eh yea South Park could be the multiplat game but I see Ubi saving that for their conference. I did forget about State of Decay, AoE and Battletoads.

Does the fact that the Titanfall multiplayer trailer had PS4 on screen button prompts, and at the leaked rehearsal video they said PS4 first when mentioning what it was available on, hint at PS4 marketing? I don't know if they said it first at the real event..

I'm just reaching here, but it was interesting...could be DMC instead...

jbug617

Banned
I just want to see some gameplay
Ck1nKe1WEAAveAj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom