• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemooberry

Neo Member
1bb778.gif

A cat with a cute hat should never go away. :p

fwiw Gies tweeted that there is some stuff for MS that didn't get leaked. Have no clue what he considers a leak though. It might be something we would count as a leak and he would not

Well, there is Crackdown 3 and a beta release date. Maybe the full games release date. There are obviously going to be 3rd Party Game Demos as well. I am sure they also have some surprises up their sleeve.

RoKKeR

Wait, Halo Wars 2 got delayed? Damnit.

Of course they should 5ake as much time as they need, and a Q1 release date for that game is probably much better than jamming it into the holiday season, but damn I want that game.

Also lol at the creative chapter shirt making another appearance.

Quazar

Third party timed exclusives suck, so i'm not sure where you're going here. The early 360 days definitely had better output, but if anything, diversity is actually coming back. Tons of RPG's? Lol wut. They had ME, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Two bombed. You could put Fable in there, too. And no, that's not the rest of their line-ups. You're moving goalposts. Like i said, nothing actually wrong with not being pleased with what we have, but it is diverse. Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon/Motorsport, Halo Wars (RTS), a new Crackdown, bringing Killer Instinct back, investing in Ori, Quantum Break, i mean.. Wut? There's a lot more, too, but i won't waste my time doing a list.

So mature.

The point on third party titles made sense back then. They helped back many important titles last gen: Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Star Ocean, Eternal Sonata, Last Remnant, Infinite Discovery, Lost Planet, the list goes on.....while pushing new IPs like those you and I listed. I really don't see how you think MS today is more diverse. They've made significant cutbacks In Diversity. Keyword: Diversity.

bluemooberry

Neo Member
Wait, Halo Wars 2 got delayed? Damnit.

Of course they should 5ake as much time as they need, and a Q1 release date for that game is probably much better than jamming it into the holiday season, but damn I want that game.

Also lol at the creative chapter shirt making another appearance.

I agree.
I feel Halo Wars 2 needs to have breathing space, so Q1 sounds like a better release date.
If it's not ready, don't ship it. Keep working on it until it's good to go.

LuuKyK

I hope MS delivers because the way these insiders are hyping up this conference... If its anything short than impressive I am sure some will blame them for setting expectations too high. Lol

SOR5

#CREATIVECHATTER

CopyShrug-Dot-Com_1024x1024.jpg

This is the most confusing bluff MS has pulled
I havent seen this much illusory behaviour from them, ever

bluemooberry

Neo Member
The point on third party titles made sense back then. They helped back many important titles last gen: Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Star Ocean, Eternal Sonata, Last Remnant, Infinite Discovery, Lost Planet, the list goes on.....while pushing new IPs like those you and I listed. I really don't see how you think MS today is more diverse. They've made significant cutbacks In Diversity. Keyword: Diversity.
@Granjinha

Don't waste your breath on Quazar.

2 thoughts:

1) the ability to set up community or even game-wide events could be a gamechanger. Very cool stuff.

2) HW2 delay NOOOOOOO

But it does mean that they've got a ton of time to incorporate beta feedback, so that's nice.

Sarobi

Banned
I hope MS delivers because the way these insiders are hyping up this conference... If its anything short than impressive I am sure some will blame them for setting expectations too high. Lol

You should always take the hype (from officials, insiders, and whoever else) and cut it in half.. that way you come out with a realistic outcome.

Spencer said this is the most important/special E3 for them, get hype!

Well take that as you will...

Spenser is prob just happy that they got a new Xbox one (slim,) as an important event because they finally kill the system that people like Don Mattrick sent to die .....

Poster#1

Lets just all stay classy. We are all gamers here, and have a bond despite what our preferred consoles are, what we want E3 to be, etc. I edited your comment out of my reply.
I wanted to be surprised and join other gaffers on E3 discussions. He literally took the fun out of it. Oh well.

icespide

Banned
everyone just take it easy we're all friends here. I love you all

I'm bummed I won't be able to watch the Xbox press conference because I have to watch the Apple WWDC keynote at work

SOR5

The only thing that truly has me tugging my collar is time management.

5 minutes for each thing, 90 minutes, thats about 20 different points or games you can show off

Of course its not that simple, but you know

Ape

Banned
The only thing that truly has me tugging my collar is time management.

5 minutes for each thing, 90 minutes, thats about 20 different points or games you can show off

Of course its not that simple, but you know

What was the breakdown last year

SOR5

I wanted to be surprised and join other gaffers on E3 discussions. He literally took the fun out of it. Oh well.

Okay man, lets look at what gwyn did

You knew Dead Rising 4 was happening
You had a very strong indicator of a zombie game
You know Recore was happening

The only thing you were really robbed of is a discussion over Xbox clubs? Dont worry, tommorow will be a good show

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
god fucking damn it, what is this #creatorchatter thing. I need to know, one more sleep.

Granjinha

No, dude. They are actually investing again in diversity. That's not really debatable. They were better on the early 360 days, but they are getting there.

You may not like it. That's ok. But it's diverse.

Poster#1

Okay man, lets look at what gwyn did

You knew Dead Rising 4 was happening
You had a very strong indicator of a zombie game
You know Recore was happening

The only thing you were really robbed of is a discussion over Xbox clubs? Dont worry, tommorow will be a good show

Xbox slim? 2 Forzas? What left?

To the leaks add BF1 campaign gameplay, Titanfall gameplay, ID@xbox, The Division DLC, Fallout DLC, one new game and we are done. See you at Gamescom.

Kssio_Aug

I know that the "surprise" factor adds to the fun, but I don't get why some people think it takes the joy off the show. I'm glad to know we're gonna see so many nice things tomorrow! I want to look more at DR4 gameplay, to have a better idea of what's MS Club, to know about release dates, and of course, to watch those trailers! With so many things practically confirmed, I am just glad that tomorrow MS will have a great show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom