• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
WvUcTuR.jpg
Good god some of you are so good and fucking fast with photoshop. Incredible.

Streaks

i'm like 20% certain that it's not all phil spencer's work

True it's not all his work but it's his platform and it's his presentation. Imagine being on stage and announcing stuff for the first time only even though it isn't the first time anyones hearing it. Ruins the crowd effect and can be quite embarrassing to present it as such.

Real Question:

Who was the insider on here that said the nktrl leaks (a ton of their E3 presentation) a couple years ago were taken very very seriously at Microsoft? I thought they were going to make changes so that didn't happen again.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Real Question:

Who was the insider on here that said the nktrl leaks (a ton of their E3 presentation) a couple years ago were taken very very seriously at Microsoft? I thought they were going to make changes so that didn't happen again.

That was me.

Looks like they didn't crack down hard enough.

About what, FH3? Like TomWarren said - thats not really surprising. We all know its coming.

Ya know, at the rate of the amount of things we know are coming that are supposedly going to be shown tomorrow, it kinda makes you wonder just how much time they'll dedicate to all these known quantities

I mean, weren't they in rehersals today? That was where the pic of Phil was from I believe, rehearsing. And that was right about when the leaks started flowing.

I dont think they really have a lot of time to switch up how much time they devote to games that have leaked. They cannot just switch it up right now because they have rehearsed and rehearsed, they have their video and audio guys rehearse and rehearse. Developers practice their parts over and over. They cant just flip the script and change things up TOO MUCH at this point.

Compsiox

Banned
I just remembered that Infinite Warfare is going to be shown at the Sony Conference. The claps will be nonexistent. Aside from Modern Warfare and the paid clappers.

IGN Live and somebody just went "I think all of Microsofts stuff has been shown"

Two hosts gave a very non-answer

Makes you wonder

A lot of these leaks are just happening here and all started dropping pretty quick. Then the info was disseminated to twitter etc. IGN Live are working on their show. The hosts may have no idea what the guy was talking about and didn't want to be like "What are you talking about man?"

They honestly could have been in the dark when that was brought up.

Or there could be some major megatons still on the way.

Compsiox

Banned
June 12th has by far been my best day of every year, always.

Dude today was so crazy and we haven't even gotten to our second conference. I'm going to be legit shook. Especially if they announce something that's immediately playable like last year.

Dishonored mobile games where you train assassins and send them on quests.

Smellycat

I always find it funny when people are disappointed when things leak, especially in this case. The conference is tomorrow. Can't you stay away from forums for less than a day?

Wallach

I just remembered that Infinite Warfare is going to be shown at the Sony Conference. The claps will be nonexistent. Aside from Modern Warfare and the paid clappers.

I don't follow news around CoD much; why would there not be claps for the game at the Sony conference?

Dude today was so crazy and we haven't even gotten to our second conference. I'm going to be legit shook. Especially if they announce something that's immediately playable like last year.

Dishonored mobile games where you train assassins and send them on quests.

If anything is playable, I really hope it's Sea of Thieves.

disappointing with all of the leaks so far and that we know what some of the games look like already.

leaked:
- Dead Rising 4
- New Zombie game
- Recore
- Ori 2
- XB Slim

most likely:
- Crackdown
- Forza
- Gears
- Halo Wars 2

Throw in a few indie games and that can be the line up.

There is still room for new things, and as far as I know we haven't see anything from the "most likely" list. We also don't know if DR4 and New zombie game are exclusive, to the best of my knowledge. I believe MS still has room for announcements and to awe people tomorrow.

Compsiox

Banned
I don't follow news around CoD much; why would there not be claps for the game at the Sony conference?

I mean it's nothing compared to Battlefield 1. Sure that's a bit ignorant to say but EA killed it. Seeing a trailer for COD after today will be so underwhelming.

kevin1025

Banned
So is the new Forza game a totally different game and not Horizon 3? Or are we getting two different Forza games over the next 12 months before 7 hits?

Because new spin-off or not, I want Horizon 3, darn it!

disappointing with all of the leaks so far and that we know what some of the games look like already.

leaked:
- Dead Rising 4
- New Zombie game
- Recore
- Ori 2
- XB Slim

most likely:
- Crackdown
- Forza
- Gears
- Halo Wars 2

Throw in a few indie games and that can be the line up.

Wasn't there Halo Wars 2 CG Trailer screen shot, FH3 location, Xbox Clubs as well?

Strootman

So is the new Forza game a totally different game and not Horizon 3? Or are we getting two different Forza games over the next 12 months before 7 hits?

Because new spin-off or not, I want Horizon 3, darn it!

Horizon 3 is a given and it will be "game of the show" according to ekim and thuway.

But apparently there will be a new forza franchise too.

kevin1025

Banned
Horizon 3 is a given and it will be "game of the show" according to ekim and thuway.

But apparently there will be a new forza franchise too.

Maybe we're getting two of everything. Two racing games, two zombie games, two shooters...

Horizon 3 is the game I'm most excited to see from tomorrow's briefing, even though I'm not at all a car guy. The first two games ate up so much of my life. I'm super interested to see what other Forza they have in store, if true!

That was me.

Looks like they didn't crack down hard enough.

Thanks so much for the quick response. Seems like the did pretty well last year. But you have to remember, with so many people working on these games and stuff, it is hard to keep everyone quiet.

The Xbox Slim is pretty much on MS though. I mean, the leak is marketing information, that was someone at MS, or paid by MS, that created that.

I wonder what the new Forza series will be.

Street racing? Something like Burnout?

Or maybe a specialization:

Forza: Rall or maybe Forza F1

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Thanks so much for the quick response. Seems like the did pretty well last year. But you have to remember, with so many people working on these games and stuff, it is hard to keep everyone quiet.

The Xbox Slim is pretty much on MS though. I mean, the leak is marketing information, that was someone at MS, or paid by MS, that created that.

360 Slim was leaked a day early too. Italian MS site.

I'm no insider though. I know a guy who works for MS who told me they cracked down after the ntkrnl leak. Up until today, they had done kinda well. Even last year, not a lot leaked last year.

Montresor

Fuck this notion that the leaks make the conference worse or irrelevant.. Either way tomorrow we're getting trailers in high quality for games we never knew about until a few days ago.

I'm still excited for tomorrow.

thuway

Fuck this notion that the leaks make the conference worse or irrelevant.. Either way tomorrow we're getting trailers in high quality for games we never knew about until a few days ago.

I'm still excited for tomorrow.

Yes. I've been trying to say this over and over again. You could write down an entire list of every thing shown, but it won't have the same impact of actually seeing it in HD, running in real time, and the animation/IQ/wonder of the actual thing before you.

Gwyn

Last one since i don't have access anymore

This one was titled as "Arena on Xbox"
BOMi9pa.jpg

I hope i didn't ruin e3 for anyone all the pics/gifs i posted were from games leaked weeks or months(?) before.

Can't wait for the show!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom