• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last one since i don't have access anymore

This one was titled as "Arena on Xbox"
BOMi9pa.jpg

I hope i didn't ruin e3 for anyone all the pics/gifs i posted were from games leaked weeks or months(?) before.

Can't wait for the show!!!

Is this like events on PS4? eSports transition by Microsoft? Could have potential if done right, especially if games have great compatibility with this app.

Compsiox

Banned

BOMi9pa.jpg

I hope i didn't ruin e3 for anyone all the pics/gifs i posted were from games leaked weeks or months(?) before.

Don't worry you clearly have already.

Xumbrega

Banned

BOMi9pa.jpg

So a tournament maker?

Maybe we're getting two of everything. Two racing games, two zombie games, two shooters...

Horizon 3 is the game I'm most excited to see from tomorrow's briefing, even though I'm not at all a car guy. The first two games ate up so much of my life. I'm super interested to see what other Forza they have in store, if true!

I wish they would spread it out better.. instead of 2 racing or 2 shooters, how about platformers? How about another new fighting game? RPG? Etc

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I wish they would spread it out better.. instead of 2 racing or 2 shooters, how about platformers? How about another new fighting game? RPG? Etc

Agreed. If the leaks are true, tomorrow's press conference sounds horribly boring.

Granjinha

He didn't ruin E3. You guys look ridiculous saying that.

Ori 2 is a platformer. Besides, they are showing stuff like Scalebound/ReCore, too. It actually sounds pretty varied in terms of content.

Gwyn

Don't worry you clearly have already.

I mean if MS conf was all about DR4, a zombie game, recore scrnshot, clubs, arena and a cgi scrnshot for HW2 then ye i would have been dissapointed too so let's wait for tomorrow and see how much i ruined it.

Strootman

I mean if MS conf was all about DR4, a zombie game, recore scrnshot, clubs, arena and a cgi scrnshot for HW2 then ye i would have been dissapointed too so let's wait for tomorrow and see how much i ruined it.

Have you seen the recore gameplay?

Still you started it which led to events such as XB1 S getting leaked and HW2 being delayed. lol

Rembrandt

Banned

You didn't ruin it. I'm even more excited.

jbug617

Banned
they announced that tournament thing at GDC
http://www.techspot.com/news/64134-microsoft-xbox-live-tournaments-xbox-pc.html
Wednesday brought more good news for Microsoft gamers as Jason Ronald, head of the Xbox Advanced Technology Group, revealed a new tournament platform during a GDC panel.

As Polygon reports, it'll be called Xbox Live Tournaments Platform and it's being designed to allow developers to add tournament capabilities to their games. Microsoft is partnering with eSports networks ESL and FaceIt which will host their own tournaments using the platform.

Ronald said the platform isn't just for eSports competitors and leagues. Xbox Live group program manager Chad Gibson hopes that one day, gamers will be able to create impromptu tournaments with their friends.

Streaks

BOMi9pa.jpg

Aka...Sorry, not sorry

Granjinha

Ms diversity died long ago.

It didn't.

Ori 2, a beatiful 2d plataformer

ReCore, a pseudo-open world game with bosses and stuff

Sea of Thieves, a pirate game with shared world stuff

Halo Wars 2, an RTS

Scalebound, an open world ARPG where you control dragons and stuff

i mean, wtf? lol

Arena first showed up a couple years back. It was a way to challenge your friends and set up custom tournaments front the leaked screen shots we saw

jbug617

Banned
fwiw Gies tweeted that there is some stuff for MS that didn't get leaked. Have no clue what he considers a leak though. It might be something we would count as a leak and he would not

Quazar

It didn't.

Ori 2, a beatiful 2d plataformer

ReCore, a pseudo-open world game with bosses and stuff

Sea of Thieves, a pirate game with shared world stuff

Halo Wars 2, an RTS

Scalebound, an open world ARPG where you control dragons and stuff

i mean, wtf? lol

Glad it works for you. Scalebound and SoT are pretty hype. But we've known about these for awhile. ReCore almost seems like this gens Lost Planet. I'd rather see more RPGs, and party games. Or something new hardware wise (don't care for slim), maybe some AR stuff to go along with new hardware. MS needs new energy, and my point was on if their conference was based on leaks it'd be boring.

wapplew

fwiw Gies tweeted that there is some stuff for MS that didn't get leaked. Have no clue what he considers a leak though. It might be something we would count as a leak and he would not

All the leaks is somewhat known quantity anyways, nothing new beside Ori 2.

Gwyn

Why? they only leaks what's known. Hardly count as leaks.

This

MS uploaded gameplay trailers for games (recore hw2 dr4) on a "news" site pretty easy to find.
I was just looking every now and then to see if they updated the site with e3 info and i was like "WTF" how is this not leaked yet.

After i posted they took down the site.
Who knows what would MS had upload there if i checked 5 hours later maybe the whole conf. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Granjinha

Glad it works for you. Scalebound and SoT are pretty hype. But we've known about these for awhile. ReCore almost seems like this gens Lost Planet. I'd rather see more RPGs, and party games. Or something new hardware wise (don't care for slim), maybe some AR stuff to go along with new hardware. MS needs new energy, and my point was on if their conference was based on leaks it'd be boring.

Well, sure, that's subjective, you don't need to like it.

'MS diversity died a long time ago' is factually wrong, tho.

salromano

This

MS uploaded gameplay trailers for games (recore hw2 dr4) on a "news" site pretty easy to find.
I was just looking every now and then to see if they updated the site with e3 info and i was like "WTF" how is this not leaked yet.

Who knows what would MS had upload there if i checked 5 hours later maybe the whole conf. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So can you say what the zombie game is called? Is it State of Decay 2?

SOR5

Heres the thing

Even though I believe MS had some prior knowledge of all this stuff being loose (of course unintentional) when you leak information thats confidential, you are endangering the hype as well as creating it.

Im not particularly offended at anything you posted, what I dont like is that it creates an incentive, the amount of times i've seen "Well, he posted this, so I might as well go all the way!" is astounding.

Like I said, you in particular havent "ruined" anything, but little attempts to create hype with confidential information can create bombs of anti-hype

No ill will from this post by the way, leaks can be great, shit getting a tiny visual glimpse at Recore and Halo Wars 2 has made me infinitely more excited than before, but you can't control what the others do around you as a response, so if you want to preserve the hype, be minimal and subtle with what you present. You have the subtlety of a flying brick through a window

bluemooberry

Neo Member

Your original point was about diversity.
They have that. All you have to do is compile the games list and list out what each game is and you'll have your answer.
You just seem upset because the games they're showing don't seem to interest you?

Quazar

Well, sure, that's subjective, you don't need to like it.

'MS diversity died a long time ago' is factually wrong, tho.

Factually wrong based on what? Rare had way better output last gen by this point. MS had tons of RPGs by this point, whereas you have....Scalebound. You had new titles like gears quick, not to mention tons of third party timed exclusives. The rest of their lineup are dead risings, halo and gears, Forza which all existed on a fresher scale. In which all these titles are on the decline now, and for a ton of various reasons.

bluemooberry

Neo Member
Factually wrong based on what? Rare had way better output last gen by this point. MS had tons of RPGs by this point, whereas you have....Scalebound. You had new titles like gears quick, not to mention tons of third party timed exclusives. The rest of their lineup are dead risings, halo and gears, Forza which all existed on a fresher scale. In which all these titles are on the decline now, and for a ton of various reasons.

.....I give up.

Strootman

This

How's ReCore?

Granjinha

Third party timed exclusives suck, so i'm not sure where you're going here. The early 360 days definitely had better output, but if anything, diversity is actually coming back. Tons of RPG's? Lol wut. They had ME, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Two bombed. You could put Fable in there, too. And no, that's not the rest of their line-ups. You're moving goalposts. Like i said, nothing actually wrong with not being pleased with what we have, but it is diverse. Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon/Motorsport, Halo Wars (RTS), a new Crackdown, bringing Killer Instinct back, investing in Ori, Quantum Break, i mean.. Wut? There's a lot more, too, but i won't waste my time doing a list.

You're a jerk. Go away.

So mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom