• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Black Friday Sale Nov 18 - Nov 28 Thread

etta

my hard graphic balls
I need Amazon to holy up and put up their Black Friday deals, I gotta order an iPhone car mount+charger and it's just under the $25 free shipping with Prime. If they have Bioshock for $40 then I'll get both in one order.

They removed 90% of the input lag from back compat (which I believe was done by switching from double buffered Vsync to triple buffered). It should feel almost exactly as native titles feel, are you sure you're fully updated? Try clear cache reset as well.

I think I'm fully updated but I'll give it another check

I haven't tried it on BC but it's not the most responsive game on 360 either and even if optimised perfectly, BC adds 1 frame of lag. On 360 the profession mini-games eventually become impossible because of the frame rate and the input lag, it was that bad. Fable 2 was one of those games that was pushed out of the door to meet a release date and by some miracle it didn't fall apart completely but the jankiness and the tacked on nature of the story was really obvious.

Ah, that's too bad. I'll keep at it if that's how the game always ran.

splattered

In hopes of eventual BC I bought Oblivion, Fable bundle, Modern Warfare bundle (not on sale but cheaper than buying individually, and Soul Calibur V. Also picked up COD WaW. Oh also bought Ark Scorched Earth for my son.

splattered

Upon visiting the marketplace page for some of these modern warfare games... Modern Warfare 3 for example, it doesn't say that I own any of the map packs? But fairly sure I owned premium and should have access to all of them?

When I bought black ops and booted that up it also said I was missing the last DLC but could have sworn I owned it?

Has anyone experienced missing DLC when buying and playing on Xbone?

How are we supposed to regain access to the content if premium is no longer functioning?

Upon visiting the marketplace page for some of these modern warfare games... Modern Warfare 3 for example, it doesn't say that I own any of the map packs? But fairly sure I owned premium and should have access to all of them?

When I bought black ops and booted that up it also said I was missing the last DLC but could have sworn I owned it?

Has anyone experienced missing DLC when buying and playing on Xbone?

How are we supposed to regain access to the content if premium is no longer functioning?

Go to manage game and see if it has DLC for you to install from there.

splattered

Go to manage game and see if it has DLC for you to install from there.

Did that, WaW is missing the last map pack, Blops is missing the last map pack, not sure about MW2 or MW3 yet because they aren't backwards compatible.

Though on the marketplace pages for WaW and Blops they both say "Already Purchased" for what i'm not missing, and a $9.99 price for the last pack for both which is confusing.

On the marketplace page for MW2 it says I own the first map pack but not the second???

And then on the marketplace page for MW3 it says I don't own any of the map packs at all which is retarded because I played on those maps.

Dusted off the 360 and booted it up to check out the digital copy of MW3 to see what it says about the maps there.

Cindro

How approachable is Hitman to newcomers?

Never played a game in the series, but the lavish praise on the Bombcast has me interested. However, I'm not looking for something with a high learning curve, or a game that's so open to where you're too overwhelmed with options to realize what the best/most fun routes of play actually are.

EBE

picked up COD 2, still pretty fun. looks nice too,
even got a few online games going. feels good, man.

statham

after watching many, many videos I decided to skip Hitman, ended up buying GTA 5, $44 dollar pack that I meant to buy last sale, free batman episode, and the two Witcher 3 DLC.. Wish the DA/TR DLC content went on sale.

DeaDPo0L84

I wish ROTR was cheaper for the base version. Still sitting around $28 for base or $45 for the 20th anniversary. Still really wanna play it but dont need all the dlc. Figured it would have dropped to $15-$20 by now.

splattered

Did that, WaW is missing the last map pack, Blops is missing the last map pack, not sure about MW2 or MW3 yet because they aren't backwards compatible.

Though on the marketplace pages for WaW and Blops they both say "Already Purchased" for what i'm not missing, and a $9.99 price for the last pack for both which is confusing.

On the marketplace page for MW2 it says I own the first map pack but not the second???

And then on the marketplace page for MW3 it says I don't own any of the map packs at all which is retarded because I played on those maps.

Dusted off the 360 and booted it up to check out the digital copy of MW3 to see what it says about the maps there.

Alright, downloaded and booted up MW3, first tried to follow the download link for elite but it errored out (I know it was cancelled) so went to the in-game store next and all 24 drops were free for me to download so my season pass was intact after all. Whew.

Still don't have last DLC packs for other call of dutys though which is really strange?

Only 360 COD i'm missing now is Blops 2, and I don't think I had the season pass for that? Or maybe I did.. ugh can't remember.

I wish Microsoft and Sony both had a better online account system where you could go in and see what you own broken out by type... retail game, xbl game, dlc, etc

statham

I wish ROTR was cheaper for the base version. Still sitting around $28 for base or $45 for the 20th anniversary. Still really wanna play it but dont need all the dlc. Figured it would have dropped to $15-$20 by now.

its not going to be cheaper for the next 6 months, prices go up the closer we get towards Xmas and are full price for the next two month after Xmas. because peeps are desperate for gifts, then peeps have GCs to burn. If you don't buy between now and black Friday, don't expect it to be cheap again for many, many months.

Novocaine

How approachable is Hitman to newcomers?

Never played a game in the series, but the lavish praise on the Bombcast has me interested. However, I'm not looking for something with a high learning curve, or a game that's so open to where you're too overwhelmed with options to realize what the best/most fun routes of play actually are.

It's kind of overwhelming. But it does guide you through missions if you follow leads and stuff. It's pretty easy to understand but there's also a wealth of things to do off of the beaten path of you want to take the time to find them.

Theorry

Top paid after the first weekend of sale.

microsoftstoretopcharu6ssl.png

Caayn

https://abload.de/img/microsoftstoretopcharu6ssl.png[iMG][/QUOTE]Homefront has clawed it's way up. I bought a copy with the season pass. Despite all the negativity that surrounds the game I enjoyed what I've played of it so far.

I wouldn't be surprised if it sold more copies during this sale than during its launch week.

https://abload.de/img/microsoftstoretopcharu6ssl.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Aren't those listings constrains to the country you retrieved them?

I bought Telltale's Batman Ep 1 - 5 for 16€. I know the game engine is crappy, but at the end of the day I like having something which I can play/watch comfortably. And I've played and liked all telltale's games since TWD 1.
As a person whom has never played or watched anything of Minecraft, is the Story Mode worth it?

Theorry

Aren't those listings constrains to the country you retrieved them?

I bought Telltale's Batman Ep 1 - 5 for 16€. I know the game engine is crappy, but at the end of the day I like having something which I can play/watch comfortably. And I've played and liked all telltale's games since TWD 1.
As a person whom has never played or watched anything of Minecraft, is the Story Mode worth it?

Yes this is the US version.

KDC720

I know its not finished yet, but is Tellatales Bataman at least up to The Wolf Among Us or Tales from the Borderlands quality thus far? I haven't really been hearing much about it.

dealer-

I know its not finished yet, but is Tellatales Bataman at least up to The Wolf Among Us or Tales from the Borderlands quality thus far? I haven't really been hearing much about it.

It's had middling reviews I think. I enjoyed the first episode but not sure whether to take the plunge on episodes 2-5. You can play the first episode for free if you want to try it out.

Top Bottom