• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Black Friday Sale Nov 18 - Nov 28 Thread

theBmZ

I'm showing $19.99 for Call of Duty 2. That and CoD4 are the only ones I like. Is that a pricing error, or is Activision really that greedy?

nicanica

guys for whatever reason, I got SSX for 1.25 CAD
can someone confirm?
ssxdeleteafterzzsp9.png

sam777

Do some of the sales finish in 2 days? As the website mentions 2 days remaining for the sale price of Far Cry Primal.

krang

As good as that BF/TF bundle is, I'm going to tap out I think. I've just renewed EAA, and it's hard to justify the cost when they'll both be available in the Vault, probably within a year.

razzel

Is Valley worth it at $12? I really liked the look of the game from trailers and what not but I've heard very little about it post-launch.

I bought it for that price and am finding it to be absolutely amazing. Movement feels way better than I thought it would, and is one of the more relaxing games I've ever played.

Anyone have thoughts on Oddworld or Inside for the sale prices?

dralla

Interested in Inside and Hyper Light Drifter. But I wonder if Sony is gonna have their own BF sale. I'll hold off for now

Montresor

Err how?

Did you buy it off the console?

I can't comment on Oddworld. If you're wondering if Inside is worth it at $13, here's my top 5 games for this year: #1 Forza Horizon 3, and #2 Inside, and #3 The Witness, and #4 Quantum Break, and #5 Gears of War 4.

Inside is one of the best games ever made. Did you like Limbo? You will fucking love Inside. Do you like puzzle games in general? You'll probably love Inside. Best way to describe the game is this way: It's a three-to-five hour long cinematic puzzle platformer. It's a side-scroller (that's important to point out - some people don't like that perspective). You play as a young boy escaping some unknown people. You go on a really vague, mysterious, and thrilling journey and solve satisfying platforming puzzles in a world that is mostly black and grey but has beautiful touches of red, blue, yellow and green here and there (contrasting heavily with Limbo which was entirely in grayscale). The atmosphere and sound design in the game are top notch. The game is 1080p 60fps and looks beautiful and has a rock solid frame rate that never misses its target. The story is vague but will get you thinking. The game is weird, beautiful, thought-provoking, and disturbing all at once.

I bought it for that price and am finding it to be absolutely amazing. Movement feels way better than I thought it would, and is one of the more relaxing games I've ever played.

Anyone have thoughts on Oddworld or Inside for the sale prices?
I picked up oddworld and it plays like I remember the PS1 game did but much sharper. Hitches a bit frame rate wise but I'm having fun with it.

Picked up:
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • Grow Up
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Inside
  • Song of the Deep
Started with Brothers, then I'll probably jump to Inside since they're both short. From there, Song of the Deep while dabbling in Grow Up. When I beat Song of the Deep, I'll jump to Hyper Light Drifter while continuing Grow Up.

Looking forward to this wonderful little journey :]

Lucifon

Couldn't resist that tf2 + bf1 bundle for around 47 from Russia. Ended up trading in my copies of both games and getting £64 and now I don't need to swap the disc. Epic price.

Tempted to get Trackmania and Hitman full season...

Novocaine

What are the thoughts on South Park: The Stick of Truth?

If you like the show it's a must play. The game is fairly shallow/linear for what you would usually expect from an Obsidian RPG but it's so perfectly paced that it doesn't matter. Loved every minute of it.

Mesharey

Man I dunno if I should gwt Titanfall 2 or wait for similar offer on PS4Pro..

Got Batman Telltale, Inside, Mirror's Edge.

fatty

Just to make sure I am reading this right, all of these deals will be available til the 28th, and there will be more available from the 25th to the 28th? I just want to be able to compare what PSN has going on as well before making a final decision as Hitman Season 1 is calling my name.

Mesharey

Just to make sure I am reading this right, all of these deals will be available til the 28th, and there will be more available from the 25th to the 28th? I just want to be able to compare what PSN has going on as well before making a final decision as Hitman Season 1 is calling my name.
Don't know what the deal is but all the sales say 2 days for me, including Hitman season pass 1.

And that's confusing because I'm thinking of Hitman, BF1, Titanfall 2 but I want to see if there's similar offer on PS4Pro (for TF2 & BF1).

Gowans

I'm well happy with my pickups, been loving Hitman and Titanfall 2, it feels like a cross of Doom and what would be half-life 3

Theorry

I believe so yeah. I think the "timer" is just the early access for Gold Members ending.
They say the deals are a week and Gold has early access.

"Xbox Live Gold members get early access to the weeklong Black Friday deals on Nov. 18, and everyone has access from Nov. 22-28. Plus, check back for even more great deals that will run over the Black Friday weekend, from Nov. 25-28"

sam777

I am disappointed that the expansion pass of the Witcher 3 has not been reduced but everything else attached to the game has been.

If you like the show it's a must play. The game is fairly shallow/linear for what you would usually expect from an Obsidian RPG but it's so perfectly paced that it doesn't matter. Loved every minute of it.

Surprisingly good soundtrack btw.

I bought Dishonored Definitive for 10€.
I don't know why everyone hates this version because it's amazing. Graphics are still wonderful thanks to the great art style. Framerate is smooth and the game itself is awesome of course.
Can't wait to play Dishonored 2.

Quikies83

I loved Batman AA and AC on 360.. $16 for Arkham Knight is worth it right? I assume the game is open world-ish like Arkham City?
Should I do it?

Hugstable

Banned
Hey how's the population for Overwatch on XB1? Thinking of picking it up as I just played it during the free trail weekend, and enjoyed the hell out of it. Seems easy to find a game right now, but I'm assuming that's due to free weekend. Just wondering how it is during normal times and if games are easy to find in all modes.

I loved Batman AA and AC on 360.. $16 for Arkham Knight is worth it right? I assume the game is open world-ish like Arkham City?
Should I do it?

Apparently, it should be $16, according to the OP list. I posted at the top of the page though, for me the regular version isn't appearing on sale, and the premium is £44 as the gold sale price ($50-ish). Not sure what the deal with it is.

Megatron

Should I do it?

Yeah, it's worth it. the game is awesome. The bat mobile stuff is overblown. The $16 gets you the game plus the season pass. You can get the game physical standalone at GameStop for $10 if you prefer ( on BF). The season pass content isn't great, but probably worth $6.

Bought Fable 2 because, amazingly, I've never played it after all this time.

And I'm pretty sure there's some severe input lag when playing it on an Xbox One :( I can barely control my character around corners and stuff because the lag is that bad. Is this a thing with BC? I've never really used BC but I played Gears 2 for about 5 minutes on XB1 and also noticed input lag on that too.

Quikies83

Apparently, it should be $16, according to the OP list. I posted at the top of the page though, for me the regular version isn't appearing on sale, and the premium is £44 as the gold sale price ($50-ish). Not sure what the deal with it is.

Yeah, it's worth it. the game is awesome. The bat mobile stuff is overblown. The $16 gets you the game plus the season pass. You can get the game physical standalone at GameStop for $10 if you prefer ( on BF). The season pass content isn't great, but probably worth $6.

It's showing as $16 for me in the store.. hmm not sure. Are you in the US?

Thanks for the reply - I think I'll pull the trigger on it now. 47 gigs, great...

etta

my hard graphic balls

And I'm pretty sure there's some severe input lag when playing it on an Xbox One :( I can barely control my character around corners and stuff because the lag is that bad. Is this a thing with BC? I've never really used BC but I played Gears 2 for about 5 minutes on XB1 and also noticed input lag on that too.
They removed 90% of the input lag from back compat (which I believe was done by switching from double buffered Vsync to triple buffered). It should feel almost exactly as native titles feel, are you sure you're fully updated? Try clear cache reset as well.

EmiPrime

I haven't tried it on BC but it's not the most responsive game on 360 either and even if optimised perfectly, BC adds 1 frame of lag. On 360 the profession mini-games eventually become impossible because of the frame rate and the input lag, it was that bad. Fable 2 was one of those games that was pushed out of the door to meet a release date and by some miracle it didn't fall apart completely but the jankiness and the tacked on nature of the story was really obvious.

Hey how's the population for Overwatch on XB1? Thinking of picking it up as I just played it during the free trail weekend, and enjoyed the hell out of it. Seems easy to find a game right now, but I'm assuming that's due to free weekend. Just wondering how it is during normal times and if games are easy to find in all modes.
Just fine from what I hear. Should be able to get into matches in under a minute, depending on what your playing and your party size.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Fuck, I was hoping the season pass for AC Syndicate would go on sale since the game is on sale, but fuck it's still $29.99.

Top Bottom