• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Black Friday Sale Nov 18 - Nov 28 Thread

Drippy

If I'll buy Rare Replay, then I won't have an access to X360 games from this package to play them on X360 console, right? I don't have X1 yet.

rezn0r

If I'll buy Rare Replay, then I won't have an access to X360 games from this package to play them on X360 console, right? I don't have X1 yet.

That's a good question, I'm thinking you'd be able to download them on a 360 - they show up as 360 titles in the Xbox One library list... but I'm not positive

watdaeff4

DO the current sales end 11/22 or 11/29?

Am thinking of a couple of games that I want to see if the PSN sales next week are any lower.

Also,.......I know Titanfall 2 didn't have early access on EA access, what are the thoughts that it may show up in the Vault someday?

Based off feedback here I really want to play the campaign, but doubt I'll play the MP that much so am fine with waiting 6-12 months that it would take to land in the Vault.

jesu

That's a good question, I'm thinking you'd be able to download them on a 360 - they show up as 360 titles in the Xbox One library list... but I'm not positive

I'm looking at Banjo Kazooie: N n B on the microsoft store and it doesn't say I own it, but I do own Rare Replay, so no I don't think you could download them to the 360.

Just bought this games for the winter season,

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Far Cry Primal - Apex Edition
HITMAN™ - The Complete First Season

Hoping for more games to go on sale till the end of the Microsoft black Friday SALE.

rezn0r

I'm looking at Banjo Kazooie: N n B on the microsoft store and it doesn't say I own it, but I do own Rare Replay, so no I don't think you could download them to the 360.

Cool thanks for checking for him, any chance you own it on disc and not digital (assuming no)

Man I havent bought Hitman still since I want it for PS4. If it doesn't go on sale at all on the PSN soon and I miss this deal I'm going to punch myself in the face.

Bought Final Fight: Double Impact online (MS Store..whatever its called) and it charged my CC instead of using the money on my MS account. No big deal as its just 3 bucks but when I tried getting the Capcom Arcade Cabinet it doesn't give me the option of using my MS Account. I'll try to get it on the Xbone later today and see if lets me use my MS Account instead of CC. No issues with Xbox One games though online. Its just an issue with Xbox 360 titles. Strange.

im_dany

Bought Final Fight: Double Impact online (MS Store..whatever its called) and it charged my CC instead of using the money on my MS account. No big deal as its just 3 bucks but when I tried getting the Capcom Arcade Cabinet it doesn't give me the option of using my MS Account. I'll try to get it on the Xbone later today and see if lets me use my MS Account instead of CC. No issues with Xbox One games though online. Its just an issue with Xbox 360 titles. Strange.

You can only use credit for X360 purchases through an actual X360 console or through the X1 emulator, not from the web/X1 store sadly.

Decent sale, but ended up buying Arkham Knight Premium and 1 month EA Access/UFC 2+Unravel from cdkeys for 108:- instead.

I'd get Titanfall 2, but I don't care enough about its MP to pay for XBL Gold, and I if do, that's that discount gone. I'll just wait for the PC version to drop some. If there's still people online, that's cool. If not, that's cool too.

Clunker

So glad I waited for Black Friday sales: for about $35 I've picked up six full adventure games (Life is Strange and the Telltale Collection), and I can sit on my ass and point and click for months. :) Also got Red Dead so I can finally get back to it; I left it unfinished on my old PS3 after meandering around in Mexico.

Extra pleasant bonus is that I was able to get a refund from the digital copy of TItanfall 2 I bought two weeks ago so I could rebuy at discount price. Customer support was incredibly helpful, so even if you don't think you can get a refund or price adjustment just ask. I did over chat and it was pretty simple.

Sorely tempted on Rare Replay and Wolfenstein, but I might instead wait and see what actually pops up next weekend.

jem0208

Will the current sales end on the 25th when the new ones come in?

I have a fairly limited budget so I’d rather wait and see if something I want more comes on sale.

Vuze

Is the microsoft site spazzing out for anyone else? I just signed up for a month of Gold and the store page reflects the changes but when I want to buy anything, it shows the original price (not even sale price).

Also, how am I suppossed to acquire Blood Dragon (GwG content)? I can download Murdered Soul Suspect and the other game with no issues but only see "Show price" for Blood Dragon and then am prompted to pay 15 bucks for it...

To top it off, I can't even cancel my Xbox Live subscription because the "Services" page gives me a 400.

krang

Re: Battlefield 1 / Titan fall 2

Russia.

Awesome, thanks.

Anyone bought anything from the Russia store, recently? How is the process compared to, say, buying from the Singapore store? Obviously I'll need to use a translator extension so I can actually read it!

Pretty sure Major Nelsons post was saying Forza Horizon 3 will be 25% and 35% off but its not listed now. Guess we'll wait and see but I would be buying at 35% off.

Edit: Or was that some sort of daily I've missed?

RavenHawk

Awesome, thanks.

Anyone bought anything from the Russia store, recently? How is the process compared to, say, buying from the Singapore store? Obviously I'll need to use a translator extension so I can actually read it!

Very easy.
Purchase gift card(s) from Russian MS store or elsewhere.
Put game(s) in cart.
Redeem gift card when it asks for your payment.

Pretty sure Major Nelsons post was saying Forza Horizon 3 will be 25% and 35% off but its not listed now. Guess we'll wait and see but I would be buying at 35% off.

Edit: Or was that some sort of daily I've missed?

Part of the Thanksgiving/Black Friday deals.

Vuze

Very easy.
Purchase gift card(s) from Russian MS store or elsewhere.
Put game(s) in cart.
Redeem gift card when it asks for your payment.
If only it worked out like that for me this time around (worked fine for Forza)... tried to buy RDR from the Canadian Store, bought gift card, redeemed them successfully but it still wants to force me to use my PayPal to cover the costs... adding it was a huge mistake, I now have to resort to MS Support to get it removed despite canceling the auto resub on Gold as it won't let me do this via the account page <_<

What a hassle.

Lima

If only it worked out like that for me this time around (worked fine for Forza)... tried to buy RDR from the Canadian Store, bought gift card, redeemed them successfully but it still wants to force me to use my PayPal to cover the costs... adding it was a huge mistake, I now have to resort to MS Support to get it removed despite canceling the auto resub on Gold as it won't let me do this via the account page <_<

What a hassle.

Well that's because RDR is a 360 game and the 360 store regions were and still are determined by the Region your Xbox Live account was created in.

bidguy

Banned
Awesome, thanks.

what do you mean ? its the same website so same process

Lima

Wait, so I can't buy the game with the gift card I bought?

You are trying to buy RDR from Canada is that right? If your account wasn't created in Canada then no. As I said with the 360 store regions your Microsoft account region needs to match the region you want to buy from. In this case you would need to create a new Microsoft account with Canada as the region and then redeem the gift card on that account.

Vuze

You are trying to buy RDR from Canada is that right? If your account wasn't created in Canada then no. As I said with the 360 store regions your Microsoft account region needs to match the region you want to buy from. In this case you would need to create a new Microsoft account with Canada as the region and then redeem the gift card on that account.
Well shit... guess that serves me right for trying to be cheap lol. Too bad, already redeemed it on my DE account.
But also goes to show how much of a rag rug Microsofts account system is too.

Thanks for the clarification, already wasted an hour trying to get my PayPal removed since I thought it was the culprit <_<

Lima

Well shit... guess that serves me right for trying to be cheap lol. Too bad, already redeemed it on my DE account.
But also goes to show how much of a rag rug Microsofts account system is too.

Thanks for the clarification, already wasted an hour trying to get my PayPal removed since I thought it was the culprit <_<

Eh I mean this was just how it was set up on the 360 back in the day. You needed fake accounts for different regions. Most people then only bothered to create an US account. With Xbox One they really opened this up.

Meanwhile on PSN you still need fake accounts for different regions.

krang

what do you mean ? its the same website so same process

I was under the impression that certain regions required a different process - VPNs and the like. If it's the same as if I were to buy from Singapore or the US, then that's cool.

Lima

I was under the impression that certain regions required a different process - VPNs and the like. If it's the same as if I were to buy from Singapore or the US, then that's cool.

No buying with gift cards doesn't require a vpn. Never did.

krang

No buying with gift cards doesn't require a vpn. Never did.

Well the question was broader - for example I didn't know if certain places still allowed cross-region use of PayPal or whether that was completely shut down.

Bought:

Hitman (Complete Season)
Shadows of Mordor
Song of the Deep

Waiting until the 25th now. Lets see what deals they will have. Watch Dogs 2 would make me buy it the same second. If not, no biggie.

Have a question, I know on PC Hitman is always online, does it differ from the Xbox One version? Or same "Always Online"?

Buy Hitman or use money for a future game....

raw

Is it really that good? Need some advice here

Top Bottom