• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Now I'm more than a bit frightened because this was posted in the DL games thread. If Microsoft announces Banjo-Threeie at E3 and makes it a DL only game, they will simultaneously win the E3 for me, no matter what else gets announced by the others, AND makes me super-sad, because I definitely want a retail release. I'd be fine with a 100€ price point (fuck, I'd probably pay way, way, way more than that) for the game, as long as I can get a new Banjo game on disc.

B-K E3 15

What the shit

Banjo-Kazooie E3 2015

oh-man-oh-god-oh-man-o.gif

Montresor

Exciting day.

Yup, some exciting little announcements today. A hint at Banjo Kazooie at E3 (hopefully Nuts n Bolts 2 and Banjo Threeie come out). Black Tusk Gears is going to be dark. And Titanfall announced to have 2000 Gamerscore and a bunch of new game modes.

Now I'm more than a bit frightened because this was posted in the DL games thread. If Microsoft announces Banjo-Threeie at E3 and makes it a DL only game, they will simultaneously win the E3 for me, no matter what else gets announced by the others, AND makes me super-sad, because I definitely want a retail release. I'd be fine with a 100€ price point (fuck, I'd probably pay way, way, way more than that) for the game, as long as I can get a new Banjo game on disc.

What if by making it downloadable only, they were able to make more money and give you more Banjo?

Camjo-Z

I'm not getting my hopes up. NeoGAF "insiders" promised me PaRappa 3 was coming and look where we are now. Nope, not buying it, not for a second.

BANJO-THREEIE BANJO-THREEIE AAAAAAAA

The Flash

Banned
So, I don't know if it's been discussed but I think Binding of Isaac Rebirth is coming to the Xbox One on November 4th.

Notice the Xbox One controller?

It's from here.

One of my best mates swears by this game. Never played it myself but I'll give it a shot once it comes out.

Bsigg12

It's likely the PC version.

Watch the video. Right at the end, in the bottom left corner if you can get the damn progress bar to go away, there is a second Xbox light which looks like the console light. Also, the controller won't work wirelessly on a PC and I don't see a usb cord connected.

def sim

Watch the video. Right at the end, in the bottom left corner if you can get the damn progress bar to go away, there is a second Xbox light which looks like the console light. Also, the controller won't work wirelessly on a PC and I don't see a usb cord connected.

It looks wired. Check the beginning of the video.

The second Xbox light could be a console or another controller. It'd be odd if it comes out on XBO without a word from the developer whatsoever.

Bsigg12

It looks wired. Check the beginning of the video.

The second Xbox light could be a console or another controller. It'd be odd if it comes out on XBO without a word from the developer whatsoever.

That's how they handled 1001 Spikes though. Nicalis is a strange company.

One of my best mates swears by this game. Never played it myself but I'll give it a shot once it comes out.

It's really good. I got my Platinum God in the first game and I loved it all. I can't wait to sink hundreds of hours into this. I already have it purchased on Steam, and I would love an Xbox version for my new TV.

jbug617

Banned

yeah I saw it. It's easier to get the progress bar out of the way by going to full screen.

Bessy67

That's how they handled 1001 Spikes though. Nicalis is a strange company.
1001 Spikes was announced before it released on Xbox One. They showed it at their ID@Xbox showcase event thingy.

If this is coming to Xbox One maybe there's a similar deal as Sony had with Blizzard over Diablo III? Blizzard apparently couldn't acknowledge the existence of the Xbox One version until pretty close to release, maybe Nicalis have to do something similar because of Sony pub fund?

Bsigg12

Ah is that so? The more platforms, the merrier.

The 3DS version would/will be amazing if they manage to pull it off. They went with this weird ass resolution (480x272) and locked it down at 60fps which I assume makes it really easy for them to put it on anything and everything.

1001 Spikes was announced before it released on Xbox One. They showed it at their ID@Xbox showcase event thingy.

If this is coming to Xbox One maybe there's a similar deal as Sony had with Blizzard over Diablo III? Blizzard apparently couldn't acknowledge the existence of the Xbox One version until pretty close to release, maybe Nicalis have to do something similar because of Sony pub fund?

Oh shit, I forgot about that. It just came out a week after every other platform. As for BoIR, I think you're right about it having something similar to D3. With Nicalis publishing via ID@Xbox, and if the game isn't technically too hard to port, I could see the reason it took so damn long for it to come out was because they were trying to get a simultaneous release across as many platforms as possible but Sony getting all the marketing pre-release for their platforms (and PC since that's where the majority of BoIR will probably be).

I'm just being optimistic because BoI is one of my favorite games of all time to just have a good time in and I want it in as many places as possible.

Leflus

If Banjo is being made all I need is Mascot game for Xbox, all my dreams will be true. Also Halo Wars 2
I don't even know what how I would react to a Banjo 3 announcement. It would be Microsoft's biggest E3 megaton since the FF13 reveal imo.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
What if by making it downloadable only, they were able to make more money and give you more Banjo?

First, I doubt they'd make more money this way, because kids won't get it as a present then. Second, if they do, I'd still want them to do a disc release, make it limited and super expensive if you must, but give me an option to get the game in a way such that I do not have to rely on the existence of Live for Xbox One in order to play it.

Leflus

First, I doubt they'd make more money this way, because kids won't get it as a present then. Second, if they do, I'd still want them to do a disc release, make it limited and super expensive if you must, but give me an option to get the game in a way such that I do not have to rely on the existence of Live for Xbox One in order to play it.
I wonder if an episode-based Banjo game could work.

World design similar to the first Banjo game (kind of open, but still linear)
Five episodes in total
Each episode has two levels with 10 jiggies each
Each episode ends with some kind of bossfight and a note door (cue cheeky remarks from Kazooie about having to come back when the next episode is released)
Disc release after the release of the fifth episode

What's another developer that could make a great Banjo
There are devs at Press Play that want to do it. They don't have the capacity for large scale productions though.

rrc1594

I wonder if an episode-based Banjo game could work.

World design similar to the first Banjo game (kind of open, but still linear)
Five episodes in total
Each episode has two levels with 10 jiggies each
Each episode ends with some kind of bossfight and a note door (cue cheeky remarks from Kazooie about having to come back when the next episode is released)
Disc release after the release of the fifth episode

There are devs at Press Play that want to do it. They don't have the capacity for large scale productions though.

Na I'm good on that

So, if any devs are sill reading here , exactly how powerful is xbox one using the cloud? How does it compare to ps4 using its gpu compute at maximum level?

As far as features they can have in games

Hindle

Banned
Can't believe I missed this lol.

I'd be equal parts disappointed and pleased if the next Banjo was DL only. Ideally, I'd like a small Download release and a full AAA 3D platformer.

Leflus

Can't believe I missed this lol.

I'd be equal parts disappointed and pleased if the next Banjo was DL only. Ideally, I'd like a small Download release and a full AAA 3D platformer.
I want everything.

Downloadable game
AAA game
1080/60 fps ports of all of the previous games (including Nuts & Bolts and Grunty's Revenge)
Banjo Kart

#BKE32013 #choochoo

Heh... at this point I'd be incredibly happy if they made a downloadable game. There are far too few 3D platformers these days.

Top Bottom