• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

TURBO1112

I live in Florida and do not get charged digital tax on anything but my ONE purchases and even then it's only about $1.50 for full price $60 games. It just doesn't make sense to me why iTunes, PS3, PS4, and 360 don't while the ONE does. Although it is Florida, where weird things go to happen.

So strange. Im also in FL and like I said no charge for me. Im guessing based off what previous poster said, its because there isnt a Microsoft distribution center here.

Thats why we pay taxes on Amazon now. They are building that distribution here in Tampa I believe.

Florida has no sales tax on digital goods, so it doesn't matter if MS has a physical presence in the state or not.

If you're in FL and getting charged tax on your Xbox, I would definitely contact MS via chat and ask them about it. I imagine you'd even get a refund of any tax it collected by mistake.

flkraven

This seems like a good place to ask. What is the consesus opinion on the XB1 stereo headphones from Microsoft? Comfortable? Good audio? Don't care about surround.

jond76

Banned
This seems like a good place to ask. What is the consesus opinion on the XB1 stereo headphones from Microsoft? Comfortable? Good audio? Don't care about surround.

I have them and I think they're nice. The ear cups are comfy and the sound quality is decent.

eastx

I like them too. Also got Siberia v3 and PDP Afterglow Karga headphones that I'll be testing within the next two weeks. Both are more expensive than the Microsoft version though.

theytookourjobz

So strange. Im also in FL and like I said no charge for me. Im guessing based off what previous poster said, its because there isnt a Microsoft distribution center here.

Thats why we pay taxes on Amazon now. They are building that distribution here in Tampa I believe.

I think they passed a law this year actually. Don't think it's because of a physical Amazon warehouse in Tampa. Sucks either way :/

flkraven

I have them and I think they're nice. The ear cups are comfy and the sound quality is decent.

I like them too. Also got Siberia v3 and PDP Afterglow Karga headphones that I'll be testing within the next two weeks. Both are more expensive than the Microsoft version though.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Price was right, as I scored them for $59.99. Comfortable on the ears, but I'll judge the sound quality later this week when I get my console :p

Doffen

I hope not. I'd rather pay $5 or whatnot than have an ad-supported game.

HcxWKza.png

Hmmm.

Is there really people melting down on sales tax?

I pay it on PSN and Wii U but not Xbox live.

I also had to start paying on Amazon last year. That's a nightmare. Live in PA.

Hindle

Banned
I want everything.

Downloadable game
AAA game
1080/60 fps ports of all of the previous games (including Nuts & Bolts and Grunty's Revenge)
Banjo Kart

#BKE32013 #choochoo

Heh... at this point I'd be incredibly happy if they made a downloadable game. There are far too few 3D platformers these days.

It would be smart if they relaunched not just Banjo, but built an entire universe around the character. So instead of just making the one game, make many different games with the character.

So 2D and 3D platformers, Kart racing games, cartoons, an RPG etc.

You know who else did all of this? Nintendo with Mario.

Fox Mulder

It would be smart if they relaunched not just Banjo, but built an entire universe around the character. So instead of just making the one game, make many different games with the character.

dont see this happening after all this time, but it would be neat. I'd take a jinjo or mumbo jumbo game.

TK Turk

Banned
Is anybody else excited about costume quest 2? Looks fun.

Costume quest and volgaar free games for November???? I can dream right?

B4D1E

There is a new tile on the US store for a game named Bonanza. But the page is unavailable for the moment. Anybody heard of it?

There is a new tile on the US store for a game named Bonanza. But the page is unavailable for the moment. Anybody heard of it?

Nope, never heard of it I'll go check it out. You have a dev name?

So is Voice Commander never coming to the UK/EU store?

I was watching some footage Steve uploaded and it looks pretty decent...
Not sure :/. Maybe soft launch since it's the first MS garage game? It's free though, just change region and download it then switch back :p

THEF3AR

I'm Minnesota and don't pay any taxes on buying digital items.

I pay no tax on the Xbox Currency Cards, either.

The only time I pay tax is if I use a credit or debit card in the store to make a purchase.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

A 2D Banjo game would need to be something like a Yoshi's Island or Wario Land type game. Since they are rather rare, I would of course like that too. But I doubt Microsoft would pump that much money into the franchise. Banjo-Threeie would be a very unique game among XB1 / PS4 in itself anyway. However, if Microsoft were really serious about building up a presence in that segment, your approach could be a very good one and one that could help them long-term in the competition against Sony.

I have the disc version in the post for me tomorrow, should be a fun game.

Really interesting in download size though, I guess they don't use a billion different textures to fill that space up, game looks really good btw nothing against it.

Nesther

Does anyone have experience migrating accounts? I'm going to switch from EU to US once I get a One. There won't be any issues, right? The only digital title I have on 360 is BK.

Bsigg12

Does anyone have experience migrating accounts? I'm going to switch from EU to US once I get a One. There won't be any issues, right? The only digital title I have on 360 is BK.

Just change the region on the Xbox One, don't do anything with the account. It takes 2 seconds.

Zushin

So just preordered the White Xbox, and got a media remote whilst I was in there. Stupid question, but do you have to use a kinect for the remote to work? Or is that simply for the volume and channel options?

muzzymate

So just preordered the White Xbox, and got a media remote whilst I was in there. Stupid question, but do you have to use a kinect for the remote to work? Or is that simply for the volume and channel options?

Volume and TV channel changing requires the Kinect or a generic IR emitter. All other remote functions should work as their is an IR receiver on the console.

Top Bottom