• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X pre order page.

Only after Sony if Sony does it in June. No way they go first. And I'm hearing Sony may push that announcement to August to force Microsoft in July. We have a fun little game going on and gamers are obviously upset and restless at the waiting game.
Who's saying that?

All I've been hearing is June. And this from reliable guys like Jeff Grubb

-Arcadia-

Banned
Only after Sony if Sony does it in June. No way they go first. And I'm hearing Sony may push that announcement to August to force Microsoft in July. We have a fun little game going on and gamers are obviously upset and restless at the waiting game.
The date is November XX, 2020. Everyone has purchased their PS5s and Series X’s with IOUs. We all wait with bated breath for Sony and Microsoft to make the first move, and announce the price.

Who's saying that?

All I've been hearing is June. And this from reliable guys like Jeff Grubb

Reliable = proof of the pudding. I don't think even Jeff has been baptized yet with next gen stuff - but he's better informed that most so that can't be denied. We will know soon enough. But yes from Jeff - it appears there will be a follow up event in August.

Last edited:

martino

it's a funny game imo

Yeah I think the latest to announce price would be August. Both manufacturers need to to know how many preorders they need to fulfill for launch.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Microsoft has been so bullish, that I think they don't mind going first. They'll say $449 or $499, and will announce this during their June event. Not sure if it matters to them to play this game of chicken

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
"pre order page"
*Goes into page*
Has nothing
fetchimage

DaGwaphics

Microsoft has been so bullish, that I think they don't mind going first. They'll say $449 or $499, and will announce this during their June event. Not sure if it matters to them to play this game of chicken

So true. I think this supposed "game of chicken" is more click bait for the media than anything else. I highly doubt MS waits until August for pricing, that's likely just too late for them.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
So true. I think this supposed "game of chicken" is more click bait for the media than anything else. I highly doubt MS waits until August for pricing, that's likely just too late for them.
You're going to see that probably both of them will release pricing in the next 3 weeks during their events.

Hinedorf

Banned
Why would anybody buy an Xbox at this point? Blind Microsoft faith? Commitment to missing the best games of next generation? Money burning a hole in your pocket?

Is there an actual reason at this point to even want to preorder an xbox or ps5? We've seen no legit next gen games, why not have a reason to waste your money first?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Why would anybody buy an Xbox at this point? Blind Microsoft faith? Commitment to missing the best games of next generation? Money burning a hole in your pocket?

Is there an actual reason at this point to even want to preorder an xbox or ps5? We've seen no legit next gen games, why not have a reason to waste your money first?
I would already buy it just to play Halo Infinite in native 4k at 60fps

Arachnid

lol. You do know they get the money no matter where you buy it right? Their website actually has pretty good shipping and packaging. I mean your alternative is every other scumbag retailer
Why would it be about trying to avoid giving them money? I don't want to buy from there either. I'd rather go to midnight release at Best Buy and pick it up instantly than wait for it to arrive the next day.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I will keep this bookmarked, will keep checking back on it. Just really curious to learn the price.

I know Grubb speculated it could be until August before we learn price but isn't that unprecedented?

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

...They want to play the new Halo game and their base Xbox One is feeling super old now? Don't overthink it. Many, many people will buy the new consoles and spend 90% of their time playing annual Sports games.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads

You realize they havent released a price yet, right? Reason being is because they havent shown the games coming to the systems yet. Be patient, yo.

dorkimoe

Why would it be about trying to avoid giving them money? I don't want to buy from there either. I'd rather go to midnight release as Best Buy and pick it up instantly than waiting for it to arrive the next day.
True. My bad, I also forgot the impatience of us gamers lol. I just want to get the thing ordered and not worry about it.

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

Any retailers put up their temp pages? My guess this will only be a redirect which could cost time if there's a rush to preorder once they go live.
not that i’ve noticed, only thing i’ve seen here in the UK is sign up to email alerts when they are available.

NickFire

The not getting beat on power or price quip, the early sharing of news, and the hiding of price for so long has me starting to believe MS only strategy is same price or less than PS5 come hell of hi water.

I hope someone is queuing up some good Jim Ross memes for whenever the prices get announced.

Ba Ghawd its 399. Phil just hit Sony with the 399. Bah Ghawd.

FranXico

The not getting beat on power or price quip, the early sharing of news, and the hiding of price for so long has me starting to believe MS only strategy is same price or less than PS5 come hell of hi water.

I hope someone is queuing up some good Jim Ross memes for whenever the prices get announced.

Yeah, that's the plan. Noone would have guessed.

Rossco EZ

i really can’t see 399, considering how the one x was priced this thing will be at least 499.

they have been clear and confident with messaging so far apart from a few of those ‘gameplay’ trailers. 499 would be a fine price for most.

If it's 399 I will shit bricks (in happiness and pleasant surprise). Seems really hard to fit all the power and utility either of these consoles offer in a box for less than 450 bucks but lets see!

It's fun to have new toys? I can't tell if the bolded lines are meant to be serious, honestly

Last edited:

TigerKnee

You're asking this on an gaming enthusiast forum? really? To answer your question, I can't wait to play my existing library (640 and counting) on SSD and possibly enhanced. Not even mentioning future first party titles that will take advantage of the Series X tech. Same goes for PS5 as well.

Riven326

Banned
Honest question. Did they fix the thumbsticks for this version? My X1 thumbsticks don't have enough resistance. They feel so weird. I much prefer the 360 controller.

Drewpee

Banned

If Microsoft plans to undercut Sonys price regardless of what Sony announces they should just price it at $349 and call it a day. If they think coming in around $50 cheaper will have a big impact they are mistaken and have wasted alot of time trying to play games with sony instead of following their own path.

If Microsoft plans to undercut Sonys price regardless of what Sony announces they should just price it at $349 and call it a day. If they think coming in around $50 cheaper will have a big impact they are mistaken and have wasted alot of time trying to play games with sony instead of following their own path.

That would be....insane?

TigerKnee

I honestly feel Sony doesn't need to worry about getting into a pricing war with Microsoft. Whatever they price it as, it will sell like hotcakes anyway.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Got to wonder how Covid is going to influence the pricing and shortage amounts at launch. On one hand the lack of inventory should raise prices, on the other the lack of consumer spending power in the later half of this year and next do to the job losses have to have an impact on the market and pricing choices.

Hinedorf

Banned
You're asking this on an gaming enthusiast forum? really? To answer your question, I can't wait to play my existing library (640 and counting) on SSD and possibly enhanced. Not even mentioning future first party titles that will take advantage of the Series X tech. Same goes for PS5 as well.

This was plenty the answer I'm looking for, I'm just making sure there's not something more I'm missing.

And I don't mean to troll or slander, but it seems pretty idiotic anybody picking Microsoft over Sony with what the last decade in gaming has shown us as far as exclusives go. Is there a logical reason to pick Microsoft versus Sony aside from personal aesthetic or brand loyalty? Just asking fairly dumb/obvious questions because my peen doesn't get hard in a war between which processor has higher #'s I just know Sony wins when it comes to games, seems like a fairly easy answer for most video game enthusiasts to make and by that I mean Sony.

(and the reason I keep looking for a better answer is because all I'm hearing is it's to make existing games look more pretty.....so are people really just spending 500$ for a visual enhancement to Halo)

Last edited:

CobraXT

Banned

Phil Spincer said he have a wining plan ! i don't understand why people talk like its hopless case for MS and Sony can dominate with ease .. i am looking forward for what MS could deliver

TigerKnee

This was plenty the answer I'm looking for, I'm just making sure there's not something more I'm missing.

And I don't mean to troll or slander, but it seems pretty idiotic anybody picking Microsoft over Sony with what the last decade in gaming has shown us as far as exclusives go. Is there a logical reason to pick Microsoft versus Sony aside from personal aesthetic or brand loyalty? Just asking fairly dumb/obvious questions because my peen doesn't get hard in a war between which processor has higher #'s I just know Sony wins when it comes to games, seems like a fairly easy answer for most video game enthusiasts to make and by that I mean Sony.

(and the reason I keep looking for a better answer is because all I'm hearing is it's to make existing games look more pretty.....so are people really just spending 500$ for a visual enhancement to Halo)

Hmmm if you want to have a conversation, you don't have to throw the term "idiotic" in there. That doesn't help the conversation. Some people like certain games over the other. I happen to like Microsoft's offerings and their recent studio acquisitions have me really excited on the output that's coming out. then there's the "Well it's coming out on PC!!!". And? The games will look great on the Series X and I happen to like having everything in one box ready for me to play on a whim.

Top Bottom