• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade CX: West release details for DLC and Lin

ZeroGravity

Not if she's original designed to be a child still, no.

I am not ok with the whole 'it's ok to sexualise this child because she's actually super old' cliché either.

I mean I'm all for the inclusion of sex, and well implemented overt sexuality in games, but I'm really not ok with anything that's designed to titilate peadophiles.

EDIT: I am seriously baffled by people defending this and acting like it's not super fucking creepy. Not cool guys. Not cool.
Not only is it completely optional, IT'S. NOT. REAL.

andymcc

Banned
\
Squall-Whatever.jpg

Care to explain or just laugh it off with a hit and run post? There are some spoilers that would make this point sorta moot but that is kinda like spoiling a huge part of the game.

you think that young girls at the beach wear what they were because their fathers pick it out or because they want to be objectified by older men? they have a choice in what they wear. this is about titillating an easy, niche market.

Not only is it completely optional, IT'S. NOT. REAL.

people discuss "not real" things all of the time. kind of the point of a discussion board around video games...

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
This is the info about the DLC for Xenoblade X, maybe could be in the OP to show what are they including (?)

What I do think that they are not going to include are the missions that make it easier to level your characters, earn money and improve their relationships.

EDIT: Oh, and since they are unlocking the DLC characters I wonder if the Fashion Option is going to be unlocked from the beggining in the western release.

added! thx!

oxacillin

Banned
This is something I don't give a shit about. I expected even older just based on Bravely Default.

What I am worried about with the localization is if the main themes of the game are going to be tampered with and if any religious imagery or words will be cut out for our Puritanical NA. The BLADE acronym already took a hit and I don't have faith that NoA or 8-4 won't try and "clean it up" for a Western audience.

Also, they'll probably add some "dank maymays" which I always find to be ine of the laziest ways of localizing anything. It is if you didn't have faith in your own staff to write something in-universe so you resort to making the game non-evergreen by pulling some shit off the internet.

Also funny how it works. People always bitch about sexual things in japanese games but never about western ones.
Sexualizing underage girls doesn't seem to be terribly common in western games.

Anyway, as someone who plays a lot of Japanese games I've come to expect shit like this to be included sometimes, so I'm annoyed but it won't stop me from enjoying the rest of the game.

So if they changed her imaginary age to 18, it's still not ok? Even though she could easily pass for 18? I don't understand this. You're placing real life values on a fictional being who's age can go from 15 (personally, I think she looks too old for 13) and 20 without anyone knowing the difference simply because the original number was lower than you wanted?

Yeah, if they were conceived and designed as a character to be a child, and then sexualised to be erotic to an adult audience, I find that super fucked up and totally unacceptable.

I'm not even going to get into debating how much a fictional child's body looks like real world children, because that's just all kinds of fucked up.

Fuck it, I'm out. I don't expect this kind of peadophilic imagery from Nintendo games, and I don't want to own a game where a potentially sexualised 13/15 year old is even an option, and that gets defended by other players.

I was already on the fence with this game, but people actually defending this is just too bloody creepy for me. Saves me £30 at least.

ys45

I have not followed the game too much but do you have a choice in the look and how you dress your characters ?

if yes then who cares about characters age, this should not be problem if you choose dresses accordingly .

Unless they don't give you the choice ?

tbd

I didn't realize equipping fictional characters with swimsuits was a felony.

Fictional characters that basically have the body of a random 18 year old. Not to mention it's not a costume that's specifically made for her, it's a generic female swimsuit in the game. Don't give it to her if you think it's wrong. If it would be a PC game, there would be nude mods. Fortunately no one is forcing you to use those.

I just hope they don't censor anything, would be nothing but an unnecessary annoyance. Not to mention that censorship is a terrible thing 99 % the times anyway; if I like to role-play and explore water areas for a while, allow me to give my characters swimsuits.

As far as I know the costumes for Lin aren't just for Lin. The outfits scale to fit any character, with probably the only difference being male or female clothes. The game doesn't give you these outfits specifically to inappropriately dress the underage girl. That is up to the player. The jump in age is a very welcome change though, as little as it is.

Anyway, yay for extra content without having to pay more.

Overside

Banned
what's the controversy for this lin character?

Unlike the original xenoblade, in which each character had a set of specific outfits unique to them no matter what the armor was, X cpu scales any outfit to fit any character....

Which means you can put some seriously creepo shit on an already porcelain doll looking creepy character.... Thats like, 12.

Shauni

Always interesting to me how some people get so up in arms about stuff like this, and then actively seem to either rally or convince or degrade someone else who doesn't get up in arms.

It's a fictional character that doesn't even look her supposed age. It's a totally optional thing that you can never see if you chose not to. And, as someone else said, I mean...teens do wear swimsuits and all. All the internet warrioring is wasted on this one.

I have not followed the game too much but do you have a choice in the look and how you dress your characters ?

if yes then who cares about characters age, this should not be problem if you choose dresses accordingly .

Unless they don't give you the choice ?

You can wear whatever you want.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If you don't want your Xeno characters sexualized then don't put them in the corresponding gear/outfit.

Problem solved.

Not really seeing the problem here.

Sevyne

Aging her up to 15 doesn't exactly do anything. If age was a problem, why not do what XSEED did with Senran Kagura and just not include her age at all?

Dr. Buni

So they changed her age instead of censoring the ridiculous and tasteless pedobait outfits?

Lol. I truly hope this game bombs in the west.
Not really seeing the problem here.
More like "I am seeing the problem but I am choosing to ignore it because it pleases me", no? ;)

The very fact the outfits exist in the game IS the problem.

Klossen

Banned
So they changed her age instead of censoring the ridiculous and tasteless pedobait outfits?

Hopefully there will be some costumes that will disguise Lyn for our more sensitive players. The R. Mika burka edits comes to mind.

tbd

Is there DLC to change Lin's face to something that doesn't look like a reject from 5 Nights at Freddy's

Everyone is just tired of this complaint by now. She is supposed to look somewhat stupid. And everyone was cool with Sunny looking like a robot granny.

maxresdefault.jpg

Can't think of many good looking kids in games.

sensui-tomo

no but it sure is creepy as shit.

Only if you find them sexually appealing is it creepy. Pretty easy not to see it that way.

More like "I am seeing the problem but I am choosing to ignore it because it pleases me", no? ;)

If there is a beach resort where the cast takes some down time and they were all wearing uniforms instead of swimware that'd be jarring.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

You have a problem with it. I don't.

Besides I like my armor like I like my music. Heavy and metal.

tbd

Yeah, don't see the problem with a fictional, stupid looking anime girl with the curves of an adult woman wearing a generic swimsuit every girl in the game can wear either.

I see a problem in shifting options away from players in games, though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Zael was upset this game, The Last Story, wasn't as popular as Xenoblade so he's snuck in with the alias of Boze.

sensui-tomo

Still waiting to know if the game is censored before going in.

more like if theres any cut content, its why i havent bought SMT devil survivor 2 record break on the 3ds (until it gets price reduction below $30) because of cut content.(and that absurd price they asked when there was cut content)

more like if theres any cut content, its why i havent bought SMT devil survivor 2 record break on the 3ds (until it gets price reduction below $30) because of cut content.(and that absurd price they asked when there was cut content)

Didn't they confirm during/after PAX there would be no cut content?

sensui-tomo

Didn't they confirm during/after PAX there would be no cut content?

Not sure, I havent really paid attention except accidentally getting a major spoiler told to me, been on a semi media blackout.

they are adding paid contents for free in the West

In regards to what? I know xenoblade is adding free content, i was replying with the "I hope there isnt censored content", I'm in the "I hope there isnt anything cut from the game" incase there is gambling and we have to get rid of it due to some country in europe having an issue with it spiel . If you mean devil survivor 2... well i'm still pissed they couldnt get the Durarara scenario in yet sega was able to get the exact characters in a mediocre niche fighter.

huh what's the cut content? unless you mean drrr characters.... good luck in getting license easily for that

Top Bottom