• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade CX: West release details for DLC and Lin

sensui-tomo

huh what's the cut content? unless you mean drrr characters.... good luck in getting license easily for that

Fightmax.png

This game with sega did it as an example, which is also coming out soonish in the west (aka the mediocre fighter i talked about)

This game with sega did it as an example, which is also coming out soonish in the west (aka the mediocre fighter i talked about)

because that game is some sort of the brand (dengeki bunko) anniversary celebration. random cameo license usually one of the hardest to get through iinm

This is something I don't give a shit about. I expected even older just based on Bravely Default.

What I am worried about with the localization is if the main themes of the game are going to be tampered with and if any religious imagery or words will be cut out for our Puritanical NA. The BLADE acronym already took a hit and I don't have faith that NoA or 8-4 won't try and "clean it up" for a Western audience.

Also, they'll probably add some "dank maymays" which I always find to be ine of the laziest ways of localizing anything. It is if you didn't have faith in your own staff to write something in-universe so you resort to making the game non-evergreen by pulling some shit off the internet.

This is what worries me the most. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good translation.

Also happy about the free DLC. Was gonna buy it anyway to support the game. :)

sensui-tomo

because that game is some sort of the brand (dengeki bunko) anniversary celebration. random cameo license usually one of the hardest to get through iinm

Basically i felt jaded about spending $50 on a product knowing full well it had cut content... If they launched it cheaper it wouldnt have stung as much.. but F that atlus tax. Should really be going back to this game and not me complaining about an old game. Here's hoping the game is a good enough reason for me to plug the wii-u in again.

nubbe

nice, I don't think I would have spent money on that lackluster DLC

Lin is actually 13 billion years old, she was born with the universe, a big bang love child

i-Jest

Wonderful. Just wonderful. All I'm missing is the special edition announcement for Canada. I'd settle for orders to open again on Amazon though.

Regiruler

Arbitrarily changing a number doesn't magically make the outfit not creepy

But I don't like it regardless of age. The fact that half the gear pieces in xenoblade for sharla left her half naked was irritating. Stay away from this nonsense, monolith soft.

sensui-tomo

But I don't like it regardless of age. The fact that half the gear pieces in xenoblade for sharla left her half naked was irritating. Stay away from this nonsense, monolith soft.

swimsuit in a beach is nonsense... okay. (now wearing it into battle is impractical i'll agree)

Escalario

Banned

Monolith Soft was doing swimsuits and sexier outfits since XenoSaga. It's obvious they don't plan on dropping that anytime soon.

Ridley327

I think that the good majority of the armor in this game covers the characters from head to toe without resorting to revealing bits. I know I've seen people roll with parties that look like they came out of a Kamen Rider convention with nary a boob window in sight.

I'm planning to buy this game day one digitally. I just need to know if my 32GB Wii U is enough, I really don't want to buy an HDD.

...oh for fucks sake. This seriously puts me off buying the game. I don't care if it's optional, that's just making my skin crawl.

Not cool Nintendo.

Logoff and go to the beach?

sensui-tomo

I think that the good majority of the armor in this game covers the characters from head to toe without resorting to revealing bits. I know I've seen people roll with parties that look like they came out of a Kamen Rider convention with nary a boob window in sight.

Seen those outfits, that rose my hype back when that trailer came out. Love that kind of design, wish there was a kick technique to go with it though.

NahaNago

they should have just raised the age to 18 or 20 for the west since you can't really tell how old she looks. Whatever game that comes to the west from Japan needs to adopt this practice of just adding 5 years on every character and having a worldwide release instead of just Japan, so i don't have to hear complaints about a games female character for several months.

Wonderful. Just wonderful. All I'm missing is the special edition announcement for Canada. I'd settle for orders to open again on Amazon though.

Seriously, alot of LE for games are taking a while to show up on the Canadian Amazon and I'd rather not pay for shipping from Gamestop US.

sensui-tomo

they should have just raised the age to 18 to 20 for the west since you can't really tell how old she looks. Whatever game that comes to the west from Japan needs to adopt this practice of just adding 5 years on every character and having a worldwide release instead of just Japan, so i don't have to hear complaints about a games female character for several months.

You won't hear about them, by by god you'll read the complaints. Eh i'm just waiting for FF15, thats when i'll use Falk's avatar and get mileage out of it. Quiet will be small time compared to that.

Dryk

Make her 30 if you want but don't cut or censor any content
To anyone that's been following the game it doesn't matter. Everyone already knows how old she's supposed to be. And that she "has the body of an 18 year old" or whatever doesn't make a difference for the same reason claiming she's really 1000 wouldn't make a difference. Everyone who knows anything about the current state of Japanese media is knows what the intent here is, and no amount of obfuscation can actually change that.

Xenoboy

Nintendo has really gotten it rough with these games.

Project Zero 5 and then this game. Has there been any other game that people in this forum have wanted to be censored?

Chastten

Banned
I doubt they'll remove any 'armor' sets in this. They didn't in the original and it would be pointless either way. If you unequip all their armor you get to see them in their undies. So yeah, undies or bikini's, no difference.

That being said, I don't really mind if they did. Like with Project Zero, it wouldn't really affect the game in any possible way. It would just cost Nintendo some extra cash.

MrPanic

Good thing they made that dlc free, those dlc's really didn't feel like it was worth throwing money at all and smelled like cut content in the first place just for the sake of having dlc. I guess they realized they wouldn't get away with that dlc over here.

The age change is just funny to me, it's like they're saying kids in the west can't be that smart at such a young age so they bumped it up a bit to make it more believable.

Nintendo has really gotten it rough with these games.

Project Zero 5 and then this game. Has there been any other game that people in this forum have wanted to be censored?
The situation was weird because when 8-4 was announced to be helping out people got pissed at the thought that the game would get censored but hen 8-4 said it wouldn't or something like that.
I kind of wanted the change to be a bit more drastic. Changing her to like 17-18 wouldn't of changed much and would be the proper way to localize a game. Either that or remove the costume/the ability for her to wear it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Has there been any other game that people in this forum have wanted to be censored?
Well there are some titles we don't even talk about on GAF. Not a case of wanting them to be censored, but wanting them to not exist entirely.

...oh for fucks sake. This seriously puts me off buying the game. I don't care if it's optional, that's just making my skin crawl.

Not cool Nintendo.

Ever been to Disney World Hotel resort pools or the the beach? Don't go if this disgusts you.

I have mix feelings about this game. At one time I couldn't wait to get my hands on this game than they released this game to what feels like an eternity ago in Japan and now I barely care about this game.

NeonZ

Either that or remove the costume/the ability for her to wear it.

I haven't played Xenoblade X, but in Xenoblade, if you remove all the equipment of the characters, you end up with something visually similar to the swimsuit armor, just without the defense bonuses. Considering how the armor is visually generic in X, rather than changing for each character, they'd need to tweak the whole equipment system in order to actually remove it from the game. It wouldn't be just a matter of cutting the obtainable swimsuit armor.

I'm excited for this game, I love the world design and mechs. But I want an honest opinion regarding the story, does this game have a good story and characters?

Top Bottom