• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

Only about an hour or so in, but I am LOVING the opening so far. Kazzy is just the absolute best, there is just something about stomping on young punk faces.

Yes, you just need to set the time on which you PS3 will turn on and if the download is on queue from the Webstore, it will start the download.

Thanks, i had forgotten to turn on game downloads on automatic updates. Lets hope sony fix this by lunch time in the uk!

KyleCross

I've waited so long for this, I never even played much of Dead Souls, not because I hear it's bad, but because I accepted it'd be the last Yakuza I'd get to play and didn't want it to end so I didn't...

But we back in business, boys!

Tirod

Happy to hear there are recap videos to watch to gain familiarity with the franchise; thanks for that info in the OP, cj. I bought Yakuza 4 ages ago after hearing people gush about it, and while I enjoyed my time with the game, never finished it.

Pre-ordered/Pre-loaded to show my support for the franchise going forward. Will immerse myself in this game once I wrap up Rise of the Tomb Raider.

The notion of Hi-Speed Taxi Drifting is super tempting though!

Trace

Banned
I'm only like 25 minutes in, but god damn it's everything I wanted and more.

No games I've ever played quite like it :(

JEKKI

shout outs to Amazon Prime for getting me a new hard drive in 1 day

hHQrBPM.jpg

too bad I need to go to bed now :(

back up old HD, install new one, restore old HD, download game,

guess I'll finally get to play over the weekend ;_;

The download was finished when I woke up this morning.
Booted it up and played a bit... 3 year old memories resurface.
This is a great entry in the series and I'll gladly play it again.
Now... off to work :/

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Happy to hear there are recap videos to watch to gain familiarity with the franchise; thanks for that info in the OP, cj. I bought Yakuza 4 ages ago after hearing people gush about it, and while I enjoyed my time with the game, never finished it.

Pre-ordered/Pre-loaded to show my support for the franchise going forward. Will immerse myself in this game once I wrap up Rise of the Tomb Raider.

The notion of Hi-Speed Taxi Drifting is super tempting though!
there arent in game recap videos, you should finish 4!

I sent 20k yen to the orphanage. These kids ain't starving on my watch.

My man.

Started on Hard, got to the third forced encounter of Kiryu's Chapter 1, and died on my first attempt.
Holy shit, if I had known these low-tier yakuza punks could counter my charge combos, I would've bought more healing items.

aravuus

A new Yakuza is out? Nice!

I wonder which Yakuza it was that I dropped earlier this year because of time constraints, 3 or 4. Anyway, I should probably play through both of those before 5, right?

raven777

Is there easy way to see the street names on the map? I have to put cursor to each streets to get the name... and they don't seem to be on the list menu either.

5taquitos

Oh man, this game is like your favorite sweater.

What do the special items you get for Y3 and Y4 saves do? Any bonus effects beyond the stats?

Tirod

there arent in game recap videos, you should finish 4!

Nah, I can live with out of game digest videos. Between 2 jobs and preparing for going back to school for teaching credentials, I have to make sacrifices to get shit done.

Maybe one day, in an uncertain future, I can go back and finish Yakuza 4. :p

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
A new Yakuza is out? Nice!

I wonder which Yakuza it was that I dropped earlier this year because of time constraints, 3 or 4. Anyway, I should probably play through both of those before 5, right?
definitely at least play through 4 as its story is important to 5 and its one of the best games in the series.

Tizoc

These are my last 3 days at work. At best I may have the next week off while my new workplace gets all my stuff in order for me to start working with them.
That means Y5 all day erry day~

DeVeAn

Great OP. I messed up and just started downloading...😩 The wait is making want to punch a Tiger.

Trace

Banned
Are all of these games available on PS3? Because I'll buy a PS3 to play them if so?

Yakuza 4, Dead Souls and 5 are available digitally on PS3.

Yakuza 3 is only available physically, but it's considered to be the worst of the mainline games.

Honestly, if you just play 4 and watch the recaps it has, and then go into 5 you're fine. I haven't felt like I missed anything important.

Akibared

Playing Taiko Drum Master that gift is going to have to wait!

Yakuza 3 is only available physically, but it's considered to be the worst of the mainline games.

Honestly, if you just play 4 and watch the recaps it has, and then go into 5 you're fine. I haven't felt like I missed anything important.

Yup this is what I've been telling all my buddies starting with 4 is fine!

aravuus

Weird question, but do these games tend to have long loading times, or a lot of loading in general? I've got an extra SSD hooked up to my Wii U for Xenoblade X, but after I'm finished with that game, I could format it and throw it inside my PS3

Wondering if I'd get anything out of it

Trace

Banned
Weird question, but do these games tend to have long loading times, or a lot of loading in general? I've got an extra SSD hooked up to my Wii U for Xenoblade X, but after I'm finished with that game, I could format it and throw it inside my PS3

Wondering if I'd get anything out of it

Not really. The load times aren't extremely frequent or especially long.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Fuck no, best game in the series after 2 for my money. I liked it more than 4 BUT I would agree 4 is probably a better introduction point. The orphanage part of 3 is one of my favourite things of the whole series and that's due to seeing Kaz finally getting a break after the first 2 games/loving the character.

Really hope Sega/Sony get the price sorted out on the PSN store today so I can get it going remotely whilst at work.

Trace

Banned
Fuck no, best game in the series after 2 for my money. I liked it more than 4 BUT I would agree 4 is probably a better introduction point. The orphanage part of 3 is one of my favourite things of the whole series and that's due to seeing Kaz finally getting a break after the first 2 games/loving the character.

Really hope Sega/Sony get the price sorted out on the PSN store today so I can get it going remotely whilst at work.

3 isn't really a good jumping off point though, since it's basically the end of the "Kiryu" saga. 4 with the intro of all the characters is better, unless you really want to play the older games, and if you do you might as well start with 1-2. I just don't feel like I missed anything starting with 4.

Ahhhhhh it's SO GREAT to finally be back in this universe again, especially after having once given up in despair of 5 or any others getting localized.

smuf

Wasn't there supposed to be a 10 or 15% discount for PS+ members in Europe? It shows up at full price for me.

Top Bottom