• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

Koshiro

Well here in the Portuguese store the Static theme is still not even in the store :p

Also in the coment he was not sure about the Static theme situation.
True, in the UK store it's there, and the price of the game is £32.99 - since PS3 games were usually £40 here, I feel like the discount is already applied without being mentioned (and without the PS+ requirement). It may be that the Portuguese store is updated to be €32.99 later? Or the PS+ requirement is a thing there, and not UK? Why on earth do we have to guess here anyway? Sega/Sony need to clarify. Maybe in the store update blog post later....

It's fun reading some of the impressions here. Seems like the game is stacked with content, even more so than usual.

Since I've got Life is Strange and The Witcher to get through still, I've decided to refrain from playing this until Christmas Day. Get some of the backlog out of the way, and then I'll have a nice treat to look forward to on Jesus' birthday.

what am i doing

Now I am at work.
But I know that at home, my old fat PS3 is downloading Yakuza 5 little by little.
22 Go is a long road, but each octet is a step to happyness.
"Ganbare" old lady, as they say in Kamurocho.

Hasney

It's fun reading some of the impressions here. Seems like the game is stacked with content, even more so than usual.

Since I've got Life is Strange and The Witcher to get through still, I've decided to refrain from playing this until Christmas Day. Get some of the backlog out of the way, and then I'll have a nice treat to look forward to on Jesus' birthday.

what am i doing

Hey, that backlogs like me. Except I also threw Final Fantasy 7, X and X-2 on that bonfire too, ended up panicking over the weekend and played Euro Truck Simulator instead of all of them.

Think I'll just be sensible and play this during the week.

Aenima

True, in the UK store it's there, and the price of the game is £32.99 - since PS3 games were usually £40 here, I feel like the discount is already applied without being mentioned (and without the PS+ requirement). It may be that the Portuguese store is updated to be €32.99 later? Or the PS+ requirement is a thing there, and not UK? Why on earth do we have to guess here anyway? Sega/Sony need to clarify. Maybe in the store update blog post later....

I think the price you see in UK store is still the full price. It cant be 40£ in the UK because here the full price its 40€. And in the UK the price is always less £ then €.

Euro store usually updates at tuesdays, so if by the end of afternoon you dont see a discont for PS+ users, then they screwed the Euro players once again :p

Hey, that backlogs like me. Except I also threw Final Fantasy 7, X and X-2 on that bonfire too, ended up panicking over the weekend and played Euro Truck Simulator instead of all of them.

Think I'll just be sensible and play this during the week.

I was really close to buying FFVII PS4, but then I thought, where the hell am I going to find time for a 50+ hour JRPG that I'll probably want to platinum because it's so damn good. So I stopped myself. I too have X-2 Remastered to get through, but that's months away from being played at this rate.

I really want that theme though.

Koshiro

I think the price you see in UK store is still the full price. It cant be 40£ in the UK because here the full price its 40€. And in the UK the price is always less £ then €.

Euro store usually updates at tuesdays, so if by the end of afternoon you dont see a discont for PS+ users, then they screwed the Euro players once again :p
Yeah, the best approach is probably just to wait for the blog post and see what it says. Here's hoping...

artsi

Prob cuz its before 12 pm? Generally the store would be properly updated by evening time.

But that's my point, with the technology available we shouldn't need to wait for some once-a-week update time. They could have the game as a preload or at least the midnight release could have the discount preconfigured.

So its probably too early to be asking this, but any word of any cuts to the game? AnswerXAnswer wasn't included in the Japanese version so I'm cautiously optimistic that nothing will be cut, however I will be interested to see how they handle some of the side stories - like
Harula's stand up comedy double act
as that was one of those "very Japanese" side stories that would have been a shoe in to be canned if it was included in Yakuza 3.

So its probably too early to be asking this, but any word of any cuts to the game? AnswerXAnswer wasn't included in the Japanese version so I'm cautiously optimistic that nothing will be cut, however I will be interested to see how they handle some of the side stories - like
Harula's stand up comedy double act
as that was one of those "very Japanese" side stories that would have been a shoe in to be canned if it was included in Yakuza 3.
IIRC, they didn't cut anything out of this one.

Mr Rivuz

Prob cuz its before 12 pm? Generally the store would be properly updated by evening time.
That's not an excuse, in us they could preorder the game weeks ago, with the discount and the free theme. And they had the preload a day before release too.
European store just suck and it's handled terribly, it's just that.

Storm360

My email from SEGA PR says it should be £30 with 15% off that. So I'd hold off on buying for now, I can't find it on the store anyways

B00TE

Loving the impressions from y'all so far. Looking at picking this up hopefully in the next two weeks or so. I just hope Yakuza 0 hasn't spoiled me too much. :p

GReeeeN

should I pick this up now, or go back and finish my Yakuza 3 play through and start 4 (purchased but not played yet)

I stopped playing Yakuza 3 because I've been doing the orphanage stuff for hours on end, and got a little tired taking care of kids in whats supposedly meant to be a great Japanese gang game

DryvBy

Mine will not download at all. And the PS3 has the slowest menus ever lol. Forgot how slow since I haven't touched it in 3 months.

brawly

I stopped playing Yakuza 3 because I've been doing the orphanage stuff for hours on end, and got a little tired taking care of kids in whats supposedly meant to be a great Japanese gang game

Well if you're already a few hours into the game I'd say power through, the stuff afterwards is awesome imo.

Top Bottom