• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

It's 3AM and I have work in a few hours. Totally worth feeling tired at work later. Game is amazing!!! Just love taking out these punks.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
3 isn't really a good jumping off point though, since it's basically the end of the "Kiryu" saga. 4 with the intro of all the characters is better, unless you really want to play the older games, and if you do you might as well start with 1-2. I just don't feel like I missed anything starting with 4.

Yeah I could see someone new to the series playing the start of Y3 and hating it, especially if you have no attachment to the characters.

But then I would always recommend someone start from the beginning of the whole series if they can, I'm so glad I played it from the beginning when the first game came out :)

Rymuth

Anyone using the Dualshock 4 to play this? I'm planning on doing it and I'm thinking it's going to be heavenly...hnnnng~

Also, peek-a-boo >:)

hamchan

Lol this first tutorial taxi mission is like Mafia realistic driving. I kinda expected something more like Crazy Taxi from this series.

EDIT: Ok I spoke a bit too soon since the craziness just arrived.

KyleCross

Do you get special items from having previous entries save data like in all the previous games? Booted the game for the first time and go no notifications of such.

EDIT: Nevermind, there they are.

Herla

40€, 23gb, no pre-load, no rest mode, loud ass PS3...all for you, Yakuza 5.

Maybe I'll even get to play it today!

Kane1345

Come on SCEE, sort out that UK price and discount! I want to play!

Can't believe I'm in the Yakuza 5 OT.... :'‑)

Maddanth

Never played a Yakuza game before , and I'm honestly not sure why. I love the setting, and type of game. I kept my PS3 plugged in just for this. Will I be completely lost? Or can I still enjoy the game not having played any of the previous games? It really looks like allot of fun.

Tizoc

Wasn't there supposed to be a 10 or 15% discount for PS+ members in Europe? It shows up at full price for me.

Tweet SEGA to get that updated, Sony hasn't added the discount yet :X

BTW, Middle East GAF, the Y5 avys are up, can I use my card to add $5 to my Oman account and get the avys? Or can a UAE cash code be used A-OK?

Never played a Yakuza game before , and I'm honestly not sure why. I love the setting, and type of game. I kept my PS3 plugged in just for this. Will I be completely lost? Or can I still enjoy the game not having played any of the previous games? It really looks like allot of fun.

The game comes with recap videos of the previous games, so you can watch them for the main story :)
Just dive in mate, then spread the word to your PS3 homies so they too will discover the greatness that is Yakuza and Kiryu Kazuma.

Use weapons. For some reason, those two are really good at guarding regular attacks.

thanks! i got some health drinks before fighting them again, i needed one heath drink to beat them. the first time i walked in, i hand nothing and got destroyed. (i was using the furniture too!)

And the winners are...

62ACEFR.jpg

image.php
image.php

Bio-Frost & Burgess_101! Congrats!

2qDmgud.png

What an amazing thing to wake up to, thank you!

De_Legend

Banned

Play 4 before, then 5.

Thank me later.

MoosiferX

Whelp, time for bed. That was a beautiful 4 hours of gaming. And it's barely the tip of the iceberg! I'm honestly a little shell shocked that this is even happening. It's exactly what I wanted so far. Nakajima's scenes gave me warm feelings in the heart area.

Blizzje

Woke up early to start the download. Full price, no discount, but whatever. Won't wait until the discount pops up. When I left the house, it was already at 7GB. I'll finally be able to play this tonight and we have Yakuza 0 on PS4 on the horizon. So unreal.

It's been a good year, friends.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What was the tip I read ages ago?

Don't pick up anything with Haruka because her inventory isn't shared with the other characters?

mrmyhthef

What was the tip I read ages ago?

Don't pick up anything with Haruka because her inventory isn't shared with the other characters?

Something like that, in particular the locker keys.

Another tip is to do everything you need to during her part since you don't get control of her in the final chapter unlike everyone else.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Something like that, in particular the locker keys.

Another tip is to do everything you need to during her part since you don't get control of her in the final chapter unlike everyone else.
Oh weird. But you can switch after you beat the game I assume?

Koshiro

So, hang on, what is our source for this PS+ discount? The closest I can find is this article - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/26/yakuza-5-launching-in-europe-with-a-limited-time-discount

Here, it says it's 15% off for the first week, and doesn't mention PS+. Also, 15% off £40 is roughly £32.99, the current price shown on PSN (even though that article says it should be £29.99). It's odd that they don't mention a limited time offer in the description though....

Zafir

So, hang on, what is our source for this PS+ discount? The closest I can find is this article - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/26/yakuza-5-launching-in-europe-with-a-limited-time-discount

Here, it says it's 15% off for the first week, and doesn't mention PS+. Also, 15% off £40 is roughly £32.99, the current price shown on PSN (even though that article says it should be £29.99). It's odd that they don't mention a limited time offer in the description though....

I won't be very happy if it turns out this discount doesn't even exist for Europe.

I'd have bloody pre-ordered on the American store if I'd have known, was very close to doing that anyway.

grimmiq

29.99 is 62.37 AUD..It's up for 60 so I think it's already included..meaning I've been waiting for it to update instead of downloading it for a day now.

Really should have pre-ordered from the US store, would've saved me $13.

Aenima

uhm2Q2U.jpg

From the EU PS Blog. The price with discount is suposed to be 33.99€ and its at 39.99€ atm.

Top Bottom