• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yes, Virginia, there IS a Tuesdayton! FE DS! MONSTER HUNTER...WII? SONIKU IN SUMABURA

Smiles and Cries said:
WiiFit is going to be a monster hunter 3 in Japan...
Fixed for... well it doesn't really make much sense now, but they'll both sell at least 5 copies. That's right, I'm calling it now.

fernoca

Dragoon_lantz said:
assuming the crystal chronicles is the same one we've been seeing, just now for the Wii Ware shop, they had better announce HDD or SD support at the end of this
Apparently is a new one..but who knows..
With all the demos, ad that in this new CC game they say you create your own world....there better be some ..space solution..

I hope that world is not like 10 Blocks big... :p (I only have 200 Block free on mine)..

Troidal

I'm just super disappointed we can't expect voice chats during online play, that would have been great for a game like MonHan. I mean who plays fucking online games of this type without any chat functions these days? That's like playing multiplayer on a handheld right there.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Dragoon_lantz said:
assuming the crystal chronicles is the same one we've been seeing, just now for the Wii Ware shop, they had better announce HDD or SD support at the end of this

Its not the same game, but I do hope they announce a HDD or full SD support.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I think everyone saw this coming, but Nintendo has a habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, so it was certainly in many people's minds that it might not happen.

I wouldn't call it 'yawn', by any stretch. I'm looking forward to pounding the fuck out of that smug plumber, SEGA-Blue style.
but mario has sonic's only weakness

good games

If Wii Fit is 75-80 bucks in America then it will be a complete and utter monster. If people pay 60-70 bucks on special edition games and if people buy Guitar Hero even though it is expensive then people will certainly buy Wii Fit.

Their 2008 line-up just went from nonexistent to completely and utterly exciting.

Hey mods? Don't mean to wreck anyone's party but can we please quit it with the head explosion gifs? I know they're fake or whatever, but still... its unsettling.

Kuramu

Man, I can't catch up reading. Oh sorry, I CAN"T CATCH UP READING
This Monster Hunter thing, is it like a type of cheese?

Magnus

The only reactions I'm surprised at are the ones toward Fire Emblem -- I had no idea it had such a following. The games seem to sell so poorly where I work.

Crocodile

Having regained my composure I must say that the adrenaline rush and letting myself get a little wacky was quite fun. I assume we're done with news from the conference (would love to be wrong). T'was/is a fun night.

Tristam said:
Oh it is on Segata!
I seriously hate Smash Bros. but I will learn it inside and out just so I can take on any and all comers to defend the pride of the Blue Army. I will beat up three janky Nintendo mascots AT ONCE.

ethelred

Troidal said:
I'm just super disappointed we can't expect voice chats during online play, that would have been great for a game like MonHan. I mean who plays fucking online games of this type without any chat functions these days? That's like playing multiplayer on a handheld right there.

I hear a whole lot of people in Japan are playing Monster Hunter on handhelds...

Jiggy37 said:
I have no attachment to Sonic whatsoever since I never had a Genesis, but how can you not understand that other people are excited about finally getting to answer the question of whether Mario or Sonic would win in a fight?
Plus people could hurt him for having (as consensus suggests) mostly bad games for quite some time now. >_>

Didn't think people still cared about Mario vs Sonic 10-15 years later. Oh well. Should be a fun game...

Stealth

Tristam said:
If anything, Mario & Sonic @ the Olympics was an indication that Sonic wouldn't be in Brawl. Why would Sega want to put Sonic in Brawl when a Sonic v. Mario matchup is the selling point of their game?

It was a widely spread rumor that in exchange for Mario being in Sega's olympic game, Sonic would be in Smash. It also makes sense for him to be in smash, since people have clamored for this for five years. Also, in regards to your question, Nintendo licensing Sonic = $$$ for Sega. No brainer.

Evlar

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
I seriously hate Smash Bros. but I will learn it inside and out just so I can take on any and all comers to defend the pride of the Blue Army. I will beat up three janky Nintendo mascots AT ONCE.
:lol I guess it's you and Snake versus the world.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Segata Sanshiro said:
What if one of them's Snake?

OH WAIT, HE'LL KILL SONIC JUST LIKE HIS TRAILER KILLED THE DREAMCAST LOLZ

Davidion

Crocodile said:
Having regained my composure I must say that the adrenaline rush and letting myself get a little wacky was quite fun. I assume we're done with news from the conference (would love to be wrong). T'was/is a fun night.

Indeed. I do hope the antics calm down a bit. It's wearing a bit thin.

Watch another bomb get dropped right after I say this. :lol

Jiggy

Magnus said:
The only reactions I'm surprised at are the ones toward Fire Emblem -- I had no idea it had such a following. The games seem to sell so poorly where I work.
The people who buy it may not be many, but they are devoted. :D To an awesome game.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I seriously hate Smash Bros. but I will learn it inside and out just so I can take on any and all comers to defend the pride of the Blue Army.
So basically Sonic is to Segata as Ness/Lucas are to Amir0x.
I'm honestly surprised how many people get interested in the game just because of one or two characters...

Duderz

Banned
Yeah, with all this Wii Ware announcement, a hard drive / expanded SD functionality needs to be in the works and done, pronto.

Firestorm

You know, if Smash IS pushed back in North America... the only thing that was worthwhile in the entire E3 2007 conference for me would be gone.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
castle007 said:
now, just announce FFXIII on Wii and everything will be set :lol

I can garantee you that the Wii will get its share of the FF13 project, as every other gaming platform!

Good to see Wii Ware is becoming more and more a reality! Storage solutions now purisu!

JoshuaJSlone said:
Are Wii games 2D? Are DS games 2D? There's no reason they'll all be anything in particular.

They'll probably be (generally) graphically simplistic or highly stylized, since the file size limit will likely be quite small.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Magnus said:
It sells over 200k in NA alone

Top Bottom