• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of the Wild will seemingly have dual audio [Up: Nope]

Japanese cry is bad. Over dramatic juvenile wailing. The English version sounds like when a real person actually cries. ...This is one of those conversations that, when you step back and really think about it, makes you really wonder what the fuck your priorities in life are.

If there were multiple audio tracks, it'd make much more sense to have Spanish and French in the NA version. It's almost nonsense to expect Japanese audio.

Slaythe

Sorry to repeat this information.

But THE FRENCH VERSION IS GREAT.

The shitty video swappped Russian and French audio :/...

It's the Russian version that sucks. The French one was one of the best.

Tohsaka

Japanese cry is bad. Over dramatic juvenile wailing. The English version sounds like when a real person actually cries. ...This is one of those conversations that, when you step back and really think about it, makes you really wonder what the fuck your priorities in life are.

If there were multiple audio tracks, it'd make much more sense to have Spanish and French in the NA version. It's almost nonsense to expect Japanese audio.

How is it nonsense when pretty much every other publisher includes Japanese audio these days? Even Atlus finally caved for Persona 5. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean others don't, and you wouldn't have to use it.

Found the English version to be pretty damn cringe-worthy. Spanish sounds great, Japanese is below it but acceptable. I kinda want to listen to a PT-BR dub, just to see how they'd do it.

Forgetting the Japanese voices for just a moment and taking into consideration the responses in this thread it sounds like there are a lot of gamers that would love to hear the other voices being offered not just Japanese/English. Seen plenty of love for the French and Spanish dubs as well. Quite frankly I see this as an opportunity for Nintendo to further enhance an already amazing title by offering this and I think it would really put some shine back in consumers eyes if they were.

But hey Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Forgetting the Japanese voices for just a moment and taking into consideration the responses in this thread it sounds like there are a lot of gamers that would love to hear the other voices being offered not just Japanese/English. Seen plenty of love for the French and Spanish dubs as well. Quite frankly I see this as an opportunity for Nintendo to further enhance an already amazing title by offering this and I think it would really put some shine back in consumers eyes if they were.

But hey Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Personally I wish they'd give the option to download a language pack in the Switch/Wii U eShop. Considering all you need is subtitles and most of the game is apparently still text based, it'd be a nice little gift to fans considering how long this fucking took.

Kamek

Personally I wish they'd give the option to download a language pack in the Switch/Wii U eShop. Considering all you need is subtitles and most of the game is apparently still text based, it'd be a nice little gift to fans considering how long this fucking took.

I wish this would happen. Man, I think the horrid English Zelda VA (I actually liked the Deku Tree) is the only negative thing I can see breaking my immersion in the game.

Roo

Ah, i meant the castillian Spanish one. It sounds so fake and they pronounce Hyrule in the most cringey way... the English one seems to me much much better

If the same applied to the castillian Spanish, it seems like Nintendo specifically asked the VA to pronounce it "irule" instead of "jairul" for some odd reason. Actors didn't have any problem pronouncing it the way it sounds in English but Nintendo was adamant on it.

Ronok

That kind of "juvenile wailing" is actually pretty common when someone is suddenly and dramatically overcome with emotion. I don't mean that someone is upset that their sports team lost, I'm talking about sudden unexpected deaths of their loved ones. Now, it's impossible to say which one is more suitable in the case of Zelda, but you get the impression a pretty major event has taken place.

dnmt

Banned

Nothing wrong with wanting to listen to the original version. Also lol @ making fun of people for wanting more options in their games. HOW DARE THEY!

hatchx

Banned
I don't care at all about this. Was always planning to play full english.

Seems like an easy thing to patch though, TBH.

ZoddGutts

Nothing wrong with wanting to listen to the original version. Also lol @ making fun of people for wanting more options in their games. HOW DARE THEY!

Just ignore him he's trying to bait people, pretty sure remember him making a similar post calling people weeps who liking the Jp VA of the trailer.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Typical Nintendo, never implementing what fans want when it takes them little next to nothing to drag the files to the game to put in dual audio. I hope they are bombarded enough that you can download a patch that puts it in.

That would be true of the Wii U version which comes on disc, but I expect Nintendo to remove audio tracks from the Switch version if it means the game would fit on a smaller sized, cheaper to manufacture memory card.

Mokiki

Neo Member
How is it nonsense when pretty much every other publisher includes Japanese audio these days? Even Atlus finally caved for Persona 5. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean others don't, and you wouldn't have to use it.

In all honesty I don't think Nintendo even knows that people would like to have options. They'd probably be more aware if more interviewers would have asked about multi language support, but given that it apparently only came up once Nintendo won't change anything.

DylanEno

Have you ever been so broken - having held in your emotions for so long - that you just completely lose control and start sobbing hysterically? Clearly not. This is actually a thing and Japanese Zelda sold it. English Zelda did not - I felt nothing for her lukewarm, half-baked attempt at a cry.

KLoWn

What a bad post. Also, the english dub sounded really bad, ESPECIALLY Zelda.

TrueBlue

English Zelda is fine, her approach is different to the Japanese actress, that's all. Her lines in the demo and the trailer sound good. It's nothing amazing, but it works.

Of course, options are always a good thing.

DylanEno

English Zelda is fine, her approach is different to the Japanese actress, that's all. Her lines in the demo and the trailer sound good. It's nothing amazing, but it works.

The thing is: her "approach" feels lazy and non-committal. Some of us want a voice actor who's actually trying to sell us on what it is she's saying and feeling. English Zelda - from what we've heard - sounds like she's just going with the motions. And it fucking sucks that we're stuck with that when a version exists that actually TRIES.

TrueBlue

The thing is: her "approach" feels lazy and non-committal. Some of us want a voice actor who's actually trying to sell us on what it is she's saying and feeling. English Zelda - from what we've heard - sounds like she's just going with the motions. And it fucking sucks that we're stuck with that when a version exists that actually TRIES.

'Some of us" - implying that those who like the English version don't want good voice acting?

Also, you have no idea how hard the English VA - or any other VA for that matter - tried or whatever. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean there was no effort given.

EDIT: And yes, it sucks the option isn't there, then everyone would be happy.

KLoWn

My problem with the english Zelda is, aside from the non-emotional crying, she sounded waaay too old compared to how she looks.

Waji

Hmm... No.
But we're happy to see that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Top Bottom