• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda game set in Link to the Past world coming to the 3DS, holiday 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Bullshit. Luigi's Mansion was absolutely DRENCHED in jaggies on the 3DS. I'm expecting even more jaggies than the trailer showed for this game.

This Zelda game won't be as complex as Luigi's Mansion 2 from a technical perspective

They are going for a much simpler look

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Great. Was really hoping a 3DS Zelda would take the overhead route.

Now I just hope the game balancing isn't typical Nintendo levels of stupid.

ZimbAdam

I'm not sure how I feel about this...

I mean, it's Nintendo so it's probably gonna be a good game and all, but... I dunno, just feels weird having a sequel to LttP.

RagnarokX

Both him and Ganon were destroyed in the first ALTTP, though. I could see Ganon being ressurected (again), but not Aganhim.

Link has the Master Sword in this one, so Ganon is most likely back. His generals tried to bring him back in the Oracle games.

Hopefully, you can upgrade your stamina meter in this game. That was missing from SS. Hmmmmmmm....

Gotta say that after much back and forth, I'm really excited about this game, dudes! This is the first 2D Zelda in almost a decade! I just hope ALttP 2 keeps the arcade-y style of ALttP for the SNES, but it already seems to be more puzzle-focused. I liked how ALttP had little focus on puzzles, and the dungeons were mostly endurance runs throw rooms of enemies. The dungeons were more maze-like and since there was hardly a focus on puzzles to slow the pace down, ALttP has probably the highest replay value in the series.

A Link to the Past is one of my favorite games of all time.
This 3D game will be definitely not, and this picture below is the reason why....

zeldavergleich.jpg

I'm guessing that Virtual Console will include SNES games no? Zelda would be a given.

That sucks I was a part of the Ambassador program so I have Minish Cap. Surely this will be released to the general public at some point.

Yeah I just figure it will be inevitable that we get an all original Zelda. Nintendo hasn't released a single system without one.
Im doubtful. I think this will be the original Zelda title for 3DS with MM remake hitting in 2015. I can't think of any system that had 4 Zelda titles released for it and they will likely want to put all their efforts behind Zelda Wii U.

zroid

Banned
I can't be the only one who thinks new old Link is adorable right?

image.php

Have to step out for some errands but I can't wait to dig into the previews when I get back ^^

JoeInky

What happened?!

In OoT, when link is sent back to his childhood , he warns zelda about ganondorf which leads to him being sentenced to execution.

The sages try to exectue him but it turns out that ganondorf is too powerful (something, something demise) for them to kill and he ends up killing one of them himself, at which point they seal him in the twilight realm out of desperation.
He seduces Zant, pretending to be a god or something and facilitates his escape from the twilight realm after which link kills him.
This is pretty much all explained in the game unlike most things so it's laid out pretty flat for you.

Also after being sent back in time, link dies in regret of the fact that he was never remembered as a hero and you get the undead guy that teaches you sword moves.

That's probably the coolest part about TP's connection to OoT, nintendo really don't like the hero of time link.

Neiteio

Hermii

Definitely is adorable.

The transition to "3D" doesn't look as smooth good as the transition to the drawing form.

Nitpicking about graphical details is pretty pointless, because the graphics are lightly to be polished a lot more before release.

is it weird that the first thing i noticed was that it just shows you the whole message box instead of having any text scroll

No, I saw that, too. I'm really pleased that the game moves so fluidly already and they don't waste time with text scroll about "You can only use this key in this particular dungeon." It's about time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom