• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Kssio_Aug

Can't wait to play this. Its kind amazing how, on both platforms, the games I'm looking forward the most this year are racing games (DriveClub and Forza Horizon 2).
And Halo Collection.

The second my birthday ends the Forza fun will begin. :D

Anyone else taking time off work for Horizon 2?

I rarely take vacations, and when I do I just do three days so I can avoid using vacation days. I'll eat a day of pay no problem.

I had a bunch of hours and payroll told me I should really take some time off. Next week is that time. Can't wait!

Kssio_Aug

I was checking the store here, and theres sometthing strange.
I pre-ordered the Ultimate Pack digitally on the XB1 the day it was released there. But I just realized that, if I go to the store and check the Deluxe or Standard packs, aswell as the VIP and Car passes there is still the option to buy those! It just doesnt show up to the Ultimate Pack icon. But I found that strange because everything is included on the same pack, so I thought everything would be showing as "bought".

Is it normal? Can someone confirm this for me?

FordGTGuy

Banned
Took the week off work. Usually I don't like going on vacation(I always return to everything in shambles), but I feel the game is worth it.

Man do I know that feeling, I help run a entire department with just one other person. So as you can expect missing a day is a huge impact and honestly just sucks for the both of us.

I'm working on finding a new job, I shouldn't have to worry about whether or not I can take a sick day when I need to.

Took the week off work. Usually I don't like going on vacation(I always return to everything in shambles), but I feel the game is worth it.

I just have Wednesday off as of now. Might get more later but we have the kids the week it comes out so the days off wouldn't be as fruitful. Lol

RoKKeR

Alright, decided to hold off on the VIP and Season Pass stuff but jumped on the Day One edition just now, pre-loading!

Unfortunately busy mid-next week but I'm looking forward to playing it.

I just have Wednesday off as of now. Might get more later but we have the kids the week it comes out so the days off wouldn't be as fruitful. Lol

One of the benefits of being single, got all the time to my self with my racing seat in the middle of the living room because who's gonna stop me!

/forever alone

Our review at USgamer just went up, a long monster of a review that culminates in 5/5.

It'll actually get longer when I add my second opinion, though it's much like the first in this case.

Some of those quotes from your review are just begging to be put on the box of the GOTY edition.

Jaz has been doing this for like 20 years and he doesn't hold back his enthusiasm. Forza Horizon 2 floored me and I went into the game expecting nothing (I'm not a sim racer fan and didn't know Horizon was the "arcade racer" brand).

After playing the demo, I've decided this game is fun as hell. I'm going to buy it digitally. It's fun romping through vineyards. I'm just curious to know if there are any races where the route is a specific off road track with no short cuts. AKA: Rally.

I'm yearning for a Rallisport Challenge vibe here. After playing the demo, they've got the handling down. All we need is some mud, snow, and back roads.

Playground, I will pay for this. Is there a season pass for Horizon 2?

RyudBoy

Only 4 mins into the video but wow at the massive difference! The trees, the hills, the textures and colors... lighting looks downgraded a lot. There's also way more LOD pop-in. The cars no longer have that sparkly, shiny look on the paint job. Well, it's a bit hard to tell from the compressed YouTube video, but it looks like it's gone.

Still looks good for a 360 game, though.

edit: yup, it's no where near as colorful as the XB1 version. it looks very smooth, at least.

RyudBoy

The intro race is a bit different on the 360 version, and there's also some weird loading that's not present in the XB1 version.

But the 360 version has 340 roads. XB1 only has 315. Guess they had to make up for something.

Good read, also has me excited for next week,

Edit... great pictures too
Yeah. Love this shot.

iBBAP49h5iM8v.jpg

ekim

Damn, that is a substantial difference. Looks like the map is quite different as well. I skipped some of the video but the final race he goes along a dirt track which is actually a normal road in the X1 version.

Video doesn't work for me :(

Mascot

Only 4 mins into the video but wow at the massive difference! The trees, the hills, the textures and colors... lighting looks downgraded a lot. There's also way more LOD pop-in. The cars no longer have that sparkly, shiny look on the paint job. Well, it's a bit hard to tell from the compressed YouTube video, but it looks like it's gone.

edit: yup, it's no where near as colorful as the XB1 version. it looks very smooth, at least.

Looks good enough for me!
Certainly good enough to make buying a Bone for this game no longer a necessity. The graphics are obviously downgraded (can you imagine the fury if they weren't?) but the underlying gameplay and all-important feel seem intact.

yeah, the difference is pretty damn big

Looks insanely washed out and soulless, it looses the location's warmth and all dem beautiful colours

Damn, that is a substantial difference. Looks like the map is quite different as well. I skipped some of the video but the final race he goes along a dirt track which is actually a normal road in the X1 version.

Are we watching different videos? Barring some texture differences and slightly less detailed trees/foliage, it doesn't really all that different from the X1 version.

I'd say that says more about the Horizon 1 and how good it looked back in 2012, so it shouldn't be surprise H2 on 360 looks great, but let's not pretend that footage is somehow leagues ahead of the X1.

Sumo have done an amazing job. Big round of applause for them, hopefully this sees them get some work on the next PGR or RSC. *hint, hint*

jem0208

Are we watching different videos? Barring some texture differences and slightly less detailed trees/foliage, it doesn't really all that different from the X1 version.

I'd say that says more about the Horizon 1 and how good it looked back in 2012, so it shouldn't be surprise H2 on 360 looks great, but let's not pretend that footage is somehow leagues ahead of the X1.

Sumo have done an amazing job. Big round of applause for them, hopefully this sees them get some work on the next PGR or RSC. *hint, hint*
It looks pretty reasonable for a 360 game however it is certainly leagues behind the X1 version.

Watch the final race towards the end of the video. Then race that same section in the demo. The difference is pretty massive.

Top Bottom