• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got a Mario and for some reason I really like it. I'm entertaining the idea of getting another amiibo but then if I get one I could get more because who wants 1/4th of the current wave of amiibos.... this is terrible. I'll go to sleep and maybe I wont want anymore....

I WANT THEM ALL

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I think my Marth's eyes look okay. I must've gotten lucky. I MIGHT take some super glue and glue his sideburn to his face so it won't look so weird though.

4VUj9Wx.jpg

D3d7kJF.jpg

SalvaPot

I caved in and ordered some online from Toys R Us this time, since they don't have store pick-up for the ones I want the most.

If they look awful I can always sell them, if they look amazing I'll keep them.

My Target in Central Houston had them all except Fox earlier today. Two employees disagreed on whether they even got Fox in stock to begin with.

Pichu0102

Neo Member
Scanned Pikachu with my phone and got the following xml at the start of the tag:

Code:
<MemoryTag type="NTAG215 (NT2H1511)">
<GeneralInformation>
<Value name="memorySize" description="Memory size">540 Byte</Value>
<Value name="pageSize" description="Page size">4 Byte</Value>
<Value name="numberOfPages" description="Number of pages">135</Value>
<Value name="productVendor" description="Product vendor">NXP Semiconductors (Germany)</Value>
<Value name="productType" description="Product type">NTAG (0x04)</Value>
<Value name="productSubtype" description="Product subtype">50 pF (0x02)</Value>
<Value name="productVersion" description="Product version">1.0</Value>
<Value name="userMemorySize" description="User memory size">> 256 Byte</Value>
<Value name="protocolType" description="Communication protocol">0x03</Value>
<Value name="asciiMirror" description="ASCII mirror">no ASCII mirror</Value>
<Value name="nfcCounterEnabled" description="NFC counter enabled">yes</Value>
<Value name="authenticationMaxTries" description="Maximum negative password verification attempts">7</Value>
<Value name="authenticationFirstPage" description="First page that requires password verification">4</Value>

If I'm reading it right, is it saying it can only hold 540 bytes of data?

I'm not sure whether to get characters I don't play as so I can use them properly in games with my friend's or whether to get characters that I love /play as.

How good are they once they level up.

melman101

Scanned Pikachu with my phone and got the following xml at the start of the tag:

Code:
<GeneralInformation>
<Value name="productVendor" description="Product vendor">NXP Semiconductors (Germany)</Value>
<Value name="authenticationMaxTries" description="Maximum negative password verification attempts">7</Value>
<Value name="authenticationFirstPage" description="First page that requires password verification">4</Value>

Actually,I'm think the 540 bytes is for the "game series". So for instance these figures have 540 byes of data for Super Smash. I think the "userMemorySize" is probably more for the every game stuff, and that is only 256 Bytes.

The Fry's at 96th Street? I hate that location so much. The employees seem to be worthless every time I go in.
Yup! I had never been there before. Everything about the store was unexpected. A GameStop at Hamilton Town Square told me they were saving me an adapter and when I arrived they had sold it. Fry's saved the day

I went to my local target in North Hollywood today to see how things were. I looked at the figurines for 3-4 minutes around 6 PM. While I was there, four figurines were purchased as well as one copy of smash bros. They seemed to have everything in stock. There was only one Link left, but no one else seemed to be in danger of selling out. They even had a smaller display of Amiibos at the head of the aisle where customers passing by the electronics section could see them without having to go down the aisle. So the figurines took up quite a bit of shelf space overall.

Alfredo

The NFC stuff is built into the base, right? I'm wondering if I could tear off the figure part and do dumb stuff with it, like switch it out with other figures or other stupid things.

kubus

Goddamnit GAF I almost convinced myself I didn't need these things but I think I'll cave in and preorder a few after seeing some of your pics... They look pretty cool.

It's just such bullshit that these things cost €15-16 here :/.

I'll try to get Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, possibly Marth if I can find them in stock somewhere next week. Then I'll slowly bleed out my wallet by picking up the rest later... Rip in piece wallet

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well the hunt for defective Amiibos has begun.
That's no defect though

Goddamnit GAF I almost convinced myself I didn't need these things but I think I'll cave in and preorder a few after seeing some of your pics... They look pretty cool.

It's just such bullshit that these things cost &#8364;15-16 here :/.

I'll try to get Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, possibly Marth if I can find them in stock somewhere next week. Then I'll slowly bleed out my wallet by picking up the rest later... Rip in piece wallet

e3-resumen.gif

TI82

Banned
So, has anything been hinted at for Ness and DuckHunt amiibos? Because I want those (if they look good) like bad.

Nightz

So I bought two yesterday and said that was all I would get.

...I now have 3 more in my cart at toysrus.com, ready to hit order.

ryushe

God, the Toy"R"us deal is too good. Just bought Kirby, Pikachu and Yoshi on top of the four I already own (Mario, Link, Samus and Marth) and I'm sure I'll buy more by the end of the day.

NIIIIINNNNNNNTTEEEENNNDOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Blizzard

Banned

Code:
<GeneralInformation>

It's weird it says 540. The datasheet for the NTAG215 chip says 504 bytes. Maybe a typo?

(Posted in the Smash Wii U thread)

CAvCNmWl.jpg

Grabbed these 4 today, I was looking to only purchase these during the first wave. Only opened Fox to use him. Gonna keep the others nicely packaged for years to come!

I think i'll probably go with Duck Hunt, R.O.B, Lucina, Mega Man, and Shulk as my last amiibos to purchase. Not gonna go too crazy with these.

I am thankful the cutest characters (Kirby and Pikachu) are the first wave. The second and third wave has Toon Link that I would like. I would want a Sheik and Zelda but I don't think they will be of the best quality. GAF, help.

Ugh, I have more money and all I want to do is get more Amiibos.

Not sure what the stock will be like now.

I've gotten Marth, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Samus so far.

I am torn on who to get next. Either Fox, Kirby or Link.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I didn't think I'd give a shit about these, but after forgetting to cancel my Link, Mario, and Samus orders, I find myself picking up Marth and Fox today. Congratulations Nintendo, you beat me. D:

I didn't think I'd give a shit about these, but after forgetting to cancel my Link, Mario, and Samus orders, I find myself picking up Marth and Fox today. Congratulations Nintendo, you beat me. D:
Totally hear you. I was so skeptical about them but when I put in my Pikachu, gave him a nickname and watched him fight, I became invested in him. I do wish I didn't get Link or Fox right now and got Kirby instead, though.

melman101

How many of you are keeping them in their packaging? I almost don't want to use them because I don't think I would actually ever use them after linking them up the first time.

I really love the box art on them.

What are you guys generally doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom