• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragons Dogma director Hideaki Itsuno teases new game announcement [Up: Was DMC4:SE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
ZsGe2J0.png

BlazeVoi

Banned
In what world is Bloodborne and Dragon's Dogma JRPGs?

I dont want to derail the thread, but Ill just say that they fill that same void. I highly doubt sony would splurge on a 2nd ip from capcom(they already got SFV), much less so on one that is a realtime combat RPG (I purposely left off the "j" this time).

Blood and dogma are jrpgs as much as spaghetti and ramen are pasta.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is it just me or does the fact that both games being in the same trailer imply Ninja Theory is also handling the DMC4SE port?

No, it doesn't. It just implies that both are published by Capcom. We already Itsuno is directing DMC4SE.

Verendus

Banned
You know something don't you?
Not much. I'll just elaborate on my edited post from last week. Probably best since it seems enough people caught it that I don't want it referenced and tweaked, even though I was quick with the edit.

I mentioned in that another mainline DMC game is in the works. I've been aware of the DMC4 remaster for a while too, but the DmC remaster is a genuine surprise. After that announcement, I wouldn't be surprised if Ninja Theory was involved in the next DMC game, maybe under the guidance of Capcom or something. I don't know anything specific about the project so I'm speculating there. This is the unexpected hilarious part of the whole announcement for me though. Is it really just a project to earn a little money, or is there a particular reason for bringing that title back into the spotlight?

As for Dragon's Dogma, I mentioned that even though my knowledge of the original title is from watching a brief youtube video from about two weeks ago (never played the original nor do I care really), Capcom has a title which fits the bill (action/adventure, fighting monsters, third person), and I'd imagine this title is the next Dragon's Dogma. I would find it very strange to conceive something that seems like the same thing and not have it be the next Dragon's Dogma, unless their intention is to do a spiritual successor. If it's just a spiritual successor and doesn't actually have Dragon's Dogma in the title, it's not like it matters though. It's basically the same thing, like Bloodborne and Demon's Souls.

People are likely to be waiting on both titles for a good while though. Now you basically know most of what I do about them both.

Edit:

And you was laughing at me lol. Look at you fiendin for negative theories involving DMC. Let us have our moment.
Oh, you can have it. I'll pray to Godzilla for you.

UrbanRats

A spiritual successor to Dragon's Dogma would be hilarious, given that they have Monster Hunter and Deep Down (in the works) which already are sort of variations on the formula.

Voror

I'm curious how long DMC4SE has been in the works since that could also potentially tell us just what sort of additions we could be seeing. That this was the announcement for some reason has me thinking this could be the game it could have been had it not been rushed or whatever, but I know that's wishful thinking.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Bah.

I would be hated by many by saying this, but I *would* definitely trade the existence of ANY DMC game, present or future, with another, properly made DD game.

To know that this is only for Devil May Cry games truly disappoints :/

Lernaean

Banned
Why would this upset you with everything they're doing to satisfy old school DMC fans? Like seriously, what (beyond aesthetic) is Ninja Theory lacking anymore?

Combat is not even remotely as good. They added some good modes, i agree, and i'll play DE when it's out, but the combat system remains the same. Also trying to emulate the feeling of the original, changing their whole game in the process, is a testament that DMC fabs did not like DmC.

What a roller-coaster

New Itsuno game!!!

And DMC4SE is coming out with Vergil!!!!!!!

And that was Itsuno's game...

Oh no, Capcpom is making a new DMC!!!!!

It could be NT making it....

I don't know if I get hype or if I should start crying now.

Verendus

Banned
A spiritual successor to Dragon's Dogma would be hilarious, given that they have Monster Hunter and Deep Down (in the works) which already are sort of variations on the formula.
I'm somewhat sure it's taking that name. Successor or otherwise, I think this is probably the closest thing you're getting as it stands to a home console title with a similar formula from them. Nothing wrong with a rebrand, in my opinion, if Dragon's Dogma wasn't as successful as they wanted, and they're trying for a fresh start with something similar.

Verendus thanks for putting it on the table.
Sure. It's better I do since I think more than two or three people probably caught that post last week anyway. I don't think they're announcing it anytime soon unless they're much further along than they seemed to be. I generally don't say anything if an announcement is around the corner, since a post is easier forgotten in a year than it is in a week.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
As for Dragon's Dogma, I mentioned that even though my knowledge of the original title is from watching a brief youtube video from about two weeks ago (never played the original nor do I care really), Capcom has a title which fits the bill (action/adventure, fighting monsters, third person), and I'd imagine this title is the next Dragon's Dogma. I would find it very strange to conceive something that seems like the same thing and not have it be the next Dragon's Dogma, unless their intention is to do a spiritual successor. If it's just a spiritual successor and doesn't actually have Dragon's Dogma in the title, it's not like it matters though. It's basically the same thing, like Bloodborne and Demon's Souls.

People are likely to be waiting on both titles for a good while though. Now you basically know most of what I do about them both.

You aren't talking about Deep Down, are you? 'Cause I've watched the gameplay footage of that, and it's definitely not like Dragon's Dogma. Similar on a surface level, but still quite different.

I'm somewhat sure it's taking that name. Successor or otherwise, I think this is probably the closest thing you're getting as it stands to a home console title with a similar formula from them. Nothing wrong with a rebrand, in my opinion, if Dragon's Dogma wasn't as successful as they wanted, and they're trying for a fresh start with something similar.

Sure. It's better I do since I think more than two or three people probably caught that post last week anyway. I don't think they're announcing it anytime soon unless they're much further along than they seemed to be. I generally don't say anything if an announcement is around the corner, since a post is easier forgotten in a year than it is in a week.

Do you know if NT specifically has anything beyond Hellblade and DmC DE? Like, are they working on something else or do you know nothing from them?

Sephzilla

I think talk of a DmC2 can be put to rest, honestly. Tameem has already flat out said they're not working on any sequels to their previous games. And Capcom didn't resurrect DMC4 from the grave unless their was a bigger purpose behind it. I think DmC:DE is more or less an apology for how mediocre the original versions gameplay was and a push to get that games total sales to 2 million. DMC4:SE is more likely existing to butter people up for DMC5.

TreIII

I think talk of a DmC2 can be put to rest, honestly. Tameem has already flat out said they're not working on any sequels to their previous games. And Capcom didn't resurrect DMC4 from the grave unless their was a bigger purpose behind it. I think DmC:DE is more or less an apology for how mediocre the original versions gameplay was and a push to get that games total sales to 2 million. DMC4:SE is more likely existing to butter people up for DMC5.

Yeah. Especially if they announce DMC5 no earlier than at E3 2015? The timing for DMC4:SE's release in the Summer of that year couldn't be any more perfect, if that was the case.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I can't imagine that Capcom would bother making a DMC4SE if they weren't at least considering continuing the classic series. It's been 7 years.

Lernaean

Banned

I truly hope you are right.

Verendus

Banned
Well, there you are then. Unless he's lying, it's DMC5 by Capcom.

Insert wild card that it's Ninja Theory working on a DMC game focusing on either Vergil or Sparda.

Edit:

Hold on a second, DMC5 by Ninja Theory is still a go. He said not a sequel to their titles and they didn't technically work on DMC. Those are empty words.

sublimit

Banned

I really,REALLY hope you're not talking about Deep Down...

Stark

Banned
I can't imagine that Capcom would bother making a DMC4SE if they weren't at least considering continuing the classic series. It's been 7 years.

Capcom's been pretty clear on DmC/NT in comments post DmC, it seems unlikely. NT is also working on Hellblade. DMC4SE is the bigger indicator and with Itsuno's mention.

I'm also curious how long DMC4SE has been in the oven.

Verendus

Banned
You aren't talking about Deep Down, are you? 'Cause I've watched the gameplay footage of that, and it's definitely not like Dragon's Dogma. Similar on a surface level, but still quite different.
I really,REALLY hope you're not talking about Deep Down...
I'm not referring to that. Deep Down is an already announced project, and although it's a working title, it's not the project I'm referencing. I'm not that much of a prat really. If that was the only Dragon's Dogma title you were getting, I don't think I'd bother mentioning it since even without playing the original, I know it's not what people necessarily want. The project I'm referring to was a concept when I learned of it.

I think that about covers everything I have to say. No more from me on it now.

sublimit

Banned
I'm not referring to that. Deep Down is an already announced project, and although it's a working title, it's not the project I'm referencing. I'm not that much of a prat really. If that was the only Dragon's Dogma title you were getting, I don't think I'd bother mentioning it since even without playing the original, I know it's not what people necessarily want. The project I'm referring to was a concept when I learned of it.

I think that about covers everything I have to say. No more from me on it now.

Thank you very much for clarifying! You have no idea how happy this post made me.:)

Squire

Banned
Capcom's been pretty clear on DmC/NT in comments post DmC, it seems unlikely. NT is also working on Hellblade. DMC4SE is the bigger indicator and with Itsuno's mention.

I'm also curious how long DMC4SE has been in the oven.

I figured it was DMC4: SE since this morning. I bet it's been in the oven for a while and I bet the the changes are significant. Because look at how it's been treated. If you're just adding Vergil to Bloody Palace and calling it quits, why not just say that? Why a teaser site? Why a suxteen-second stinger? Why all the secrecy?

I think they've done a lot of work on DMC4; I think that's what they meant when they said this would turn heads.

Stark

Banned
I figured it was DMC4: SE since this morning. I bet it's been in the oven for a while and I bet the the changes are significant. Because look at how it's been treated. If you're just adding Vergil to Bloody Palace and calling it quits, why not just say that? Why a teaser site? Why a suxteen-second stinger? Why all the secrecy?

I think they've done a lot of work on DMC4; I think that's what they meant when they said this would turn heads.

You're right actually. There's quite a bit of pre-hype built over it and effort. Also sticking to the mentality that this will be the proper DMC4 we were to get. Can't just be because DmC:DE is releasing first. :p

=( Sadness and Anger. :mad:

I fucking hate Capcpom. They create the best RPG combat and gameplay ever and just let die. The dream is dead. =(

Astarte

=( Sadness and Anger. :mad:

I fucking hate Capcpom. They create the best RPG combat and gameplay ever and just let die. The dream is dead. =(

Oh no a videogame has been announced and it's not the one you wanted! It's fine dude, just relax and see where this takes us. Who knows what itsuno will work on after 4SE?

Anteater

I find it hilarious just because capcom only announces 1 title it means all their other franchises are dead and buried and will never continue.

Dark_castle

Bah.

I would be hated by many by saying this, but I *would* definitely trade the existence of ANY DMC game, present or future, with another, properly made DD game.

To know that this is only for Devil May Cry games truly disappoints :/

Did Itsuno say that they have multiple projects on their sleeves? This (and DmC PS4) was just two of them I suppose?

As well as the Japanese dub, which has never been done in the series before

That's a lot of work by itself

Oh no a videogame has been announced and it's not the one you wanted! It's fine dude, just relax and see where this takes us. Who knows what itsuno will work on after 4SE?

I'm just tired of the teasing I guess. Dragon's Dogma is a truly special title and with a sequel that improves on the first game's weak points they could have a killer franchise on their hands.

I find it hilarious just because capcom only announces 1 title it means all their other franchises are dead and buried and will never continue.

Tell that to Mega Man, or Breath of Fire, of Dino Crisis, or Onimusha, or any series that's not Resident Evil, Street Fighter or Monster Hunter (and DMC remasters, apparently).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom