• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragons Dogma director Hideaki Itsuno teases new game announcement [Up: Was DMC4:SE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It's not a tease when I come out and say something pretty bluntly. It's also quite stupid how you relate that to a DMC announcement that has no bearing on what I actually wrote, especially since it's one of the things mentioned in the very post you seem to be referencing.

I admit I'm just upset right now and I probably need to spend less time on NeoGAF

Verendus

Banned
I admit I'm just upset right now and I probably need to spend less time on NeoGAF
It's not a very nice thing to misrepresent my words considering what I said was pretty clear, which is why I didn't understand what you meant by your original comment. The fact that you caught it, but say something like that is very silly. If you had actually believed me, you'd be feeling a little more confident now after these announcements.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It's not a very nice thing to misrepresent my words considering what I said was pretty clear, which is why I didn't understand what you meant by your original comment. The fact that you caught it, but say something like that is very silly. If you had actually believed me, you'd be feeling a little more confident now after these announcements.

Hmm, perhaps I didn't catch all of your posts after all.

In any case, I'm just feeling a little impatient after all these exciting DMC announcements. Try not to mind what I say.

So this DMC remaster stuff has nothing to do with this, right? RIGHT?!

I'm still getting my Dragons's Dogma II or Dark Arisen PS4 1080p/60fps, right? RIGHT!?

ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

Xpliskin

In any case, I'm just feeling a little impatient after all these exciting DMC announcements. Try not to mind what I say.

I feel bad for you; but on a positive note, someone straight up said a new DMC is in the making.

I don't believe it though.

Make what you want out of it :p

I mean, after hashitroto , grain of salt

Verendus

Banned

impatient
The delayathon has taught everyone nothing!!

I feel bad for you; but on a positive note, someone straight up said a new DMC is in the making.

I don't believe it though.

Make what you want out of it :p

I mean, after hashitroto , grain of salt
He's upset about Dragon's Dogma, not DMC.

If anything the DMC remasters make DD2 more likely.

Makes it sound like Capcom isn't sure which direction to take DMC in, and Itsuno has to have been working on something since DD came out.

So, DD2 first, then DMC5 or DmC2 after depending on the sales of the remasters.

If it's not a remaster and, more a remake, I would be so down.

I don't know how they could improve on the Dragon's Dogma set up. There's not really a sequel to that.
All they could do is allow you an alternate reality, so the content of the game is different, but it's still about the dragon returning.

Astarte

I wouldn't be surprised if Itsuno is working on DD: DA: SE and DMC4: SE as a testing grounds to see if they should even bother with a sequel. With Capcom, I don't doubt it.

Stark

Banned
Unless it's explicitly stated that it's going to happen, I will continue to believe that Capcom will continue to break dreams.

If you believe in Capcom, they will reward you!

EDIT: I just hope they have a proper reveal/trailer for DMC4SE at JF. That's all I want atm.

Dinda

Please Capcom, they can't just remaster all those games and then do nothing with the game that really needed it....
Give me Dragon's Dogma!..........please.

Ummm...this announcement to me just makes it more likely that we're gonna get a Dragon's Dogma announcement soon. Capcom has dropped hints that they're working on both franchises - Devil May Cry might be the side dish and Dragon's Dogma the main course. Or more likely is that they've gone remaster crazy and Dragon's Dogma Online is a remaster with 1080p and 60 FPS with online play. I refuse to believe that after all the teasing wer're not going to get something that's related to Dragon's Dogma. BELIEVE!

UrbanRats

so is Devil May Cry 4 Itsunos new Project that he wanted to reveal ?

Probably.
Maybe... MAYBE DMC5.

But again, you don't create attention for a franchise like DMC, with a remaster that is relatively unnecessary, if you're preparing to announce a sequel to a completely unrelated series, that still needs its own remaster.
And, at the same time, you don't want to announce a billion things at once and just cannibalize your own announcements.

I'm sorry, but Dragon Dogma fans gotta wait. DMC fans been waiting for 7 years for Itsuno to return to the franchise. 7 years...We gotta see what he can do after Bayo 1 & 2 set the bar.

DedValve

Banned
Devil May Cry 4 gets ported but Dragons Dogma is left to rot ;(

I'd kill for a remaster on PS4/One/PC with new shit, all dlc, some new monsters and textures that didn't look like complete ass on 1080p/30fps.

Dahbomb

Clearly you guys haven't been visiting some DMC4 threads lately because the hype has been pretty high. I know it's not DD but for DMC fans it was pretty huge.

Welp.

Clearly you guys haven't been visiting some DMC4 threads lately because the hype has been pretty high. I know it's not DD but for DMC fans it was pretty huge.

I have to admit, I'm dead excited. I still think Devil May Cry 4 was easily one of the best games last generation and it's been nearly 7 years since I played it. The thought of going back to it on PS4, in 1080p with Virgil playable has me giddy.

Although I wonder what these announcements mean for Devil May Cry 5. Will it be Devil May Cry 5, or DmC2?

Anko

Dammit. The dream is dead. More so after reading the PS Awards 2013 interview in Japanese.

Dated Oct 15, 2013, and sourced from one of the links earlier that sounded more hopeful than it was in English:
──ちなみに『Dragon's Dogma』の直接の続編に関しては…?

僕の頭の中には、もう次のストーリーや設定があるんですが、なかなか作らせてもらえないので…(笑)。例えば"PlayStation®4で出して!"という声を、ものすごくたくさんいただけたりすると、作れる可能性は高まるかもしれませんね(笑)。
Quick translation:
-By the way, regarding a direct sequel to "Dragon's Dogma"...

I've already thought of the story and setting but, I can't seem to get them to let me to make it so... (laugh). For example, if we get a lot of voices saying "Please release it on PlayStation 4!", then the possibility of making it might become higher (laugh).

Wouldn't that imply that Capcom hasn't even greenlit the project at that point yet?! If we do get a sequel, it's definitely at least a few years off. Add Itsuno's March 2014 tweet to the last sentence above and we can guess that Capcom probably still hasn't given the project the go ahead in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom