• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

It's coming. I can feel it in my bones. Your copy is on a conveyer belt and heading towards the departure scanner. It almost fell off but Thomas was quick and caught it.

It's coming.

This is the first current gen game that I'm incredibly hyped for. I literally listen to the available music all day.

As soon as I see "Out for delivery":

tumblr_m5bmv1VTAK1rskeexo1_500.gif

So what's the mood like to those who have gone to the spoiler thread? Are the impressions really positive?

That's all I'm curious about. Don't want specifics

So what's the mood like to those who have gone to the spoiler thread? Are the impressions really positive?

Very positive. In fact, it's a spoiler mine field right now so I had to bail. They're talking about the bosses and lore right now. General things like performance and IQ are very good. Negative are load times apparently.

The only negative for the game that has come out so far are load times. Everything else is super positive.

This game is going to deliver.

viveks86

After browsing through a couple of light spoilers, the only problem I see with Bloodborne is that it has too much content. I mean… I have a life. I want to play other games too, you know?

Hmmm… on second thoughts... may be I don't have a life. But I still want to be able to play other games! :'(

After browsing through a couple of light spoilers, the only problem I see with Bloodborne is that it has too much content. I mean… I have a life. I want to play other games too, you know?

Hmmm… on second thoughts... may be I don't have a life. But I still want to be able to play other games! :'(
hjayz.jpg

I'll never understand people who dont care about getting spoiled. My brain is just not wired that way. I despise spoilers and I'm avoiding the other thread like the plague.

I'll never understand people who dont care about getting spoiled. My brain is just not wired that way. I despise spoilers and I'm avoiding the other thread like the plague.

The spoiler thread has been great for general impressions (performance, etc). No one wants to post them here for some reason, or if someone did, they probably came from the spoiler thread.

2AdEPT

well im sure there are lots of people that are not invested in the game as much as you are and simply dont care. I probably care though as do others in the thread. But the reason we can handle monor trips to that thread and the odd video is because there are really bad spoilers, like finding out about a secret hidden wall or something, and as such it actually spoils some game play aspect; but I have seen nothing like that yet. Simply seeing still or fleeting visuals of the early levels doesnt detract from my soon to be engaged in experience one iota....in fact, all the imersion I have receveid so far for free actually ADDS to the overall benefit I am getting from the paid version of the experience. As such, althogh I get why some people havea zero media ban, I would never be that rigid myself....there is a happy medium between zero information and too much, but to be frank, most people arn't spoiled by simple visuals or knowing that there is a certain weapon inthe game; they still have to find it themselves and will know to upgrade something else if they think they found something better. I watched hours of the alpha, but didnt pay attention to the route people took and it will be as fresh as if I were completely blind. Even the best blind players, still miss crucial tidbits here and there, and to have to experience these on a second playthrough is less than satisfactory, the virgin run is the best. Therefore I have become sensitive to limiting my information to certain things suchthat I am informed enough to make good mechanics decisions while playing, but not so much that I know too much and truly am spoiled by not being able to discover things on my own.

indeed I am doing my pre-bloodborne blind run of shadow of the colossus and am going through that one completely blind for the sake of a friend who asked me to (she is one of you) so she could see my first hand reactions...and it is doing well to keep me occupied and making the time go quicker until I get to pop vials and spit bullets!

With release less than a week away, I'm starting to have some inner-conflict. On one hand, I want to play this game slowly, reading all item descriptions, learning lore, watching the environment (like in the alpha footage where (minor spoiler)
the people gather at the effigy when the bell rings, then dissipate when it rings a second time.
These things fascinate me, and I want to be immersed in this world.

On the other hand, part of me wants to stream-roll my way through the game as fast as possible, then explore everything on NG+; which I'll probably get stuck on until the first batch of DLC comes out. I suppose it's a fear of being left behind; checking the OT and noticing everyone else is way ahead of me, or getting invaded by someone with far better gear/stats.

I remember playing DS2 at launch on PC, and realizing I was about 60 levels too high (or rather, higher than the average) when I finally beat the first playthrough. Kind of felt left behind towards the end; as if everyone my level was already on NG+ or NG++.

I ask you, SoulsGAF, which style will you play? "Slow and steady wins the race," or "time waits for no man."

The only concerns so far are the loading screens and load times

#loadgate

When that's the biggest problem for a game I think it's safe to say it's in very good shape

Positive about everything except load times and loading screens. There's also quite a bit of debate about the actual count of bosses, mini-bosses, trophies, etc.

Are you guys playing this on a headset? I am thinking of picking up the Playstation Gold headset in addition when I grab the game. But I am unsure if it would be worth it.

I'm one of those in the studies where they talk about how spoilers enhance the experience. True, I do love the genuine surprises, and hearing things prior without specifics can actually make it worse. For John Carpenter's The Thing, I finally watched it the first time the other night. Never seen anything outside of one shot of The Thing
as the spider head
and Kurt Russel using
a flamethrower.
No biggies. But all the praise around it made it something more than what I was watching, which was still a fantastic movie in its own right. Maybe actually knowing more about the film's specifics prior would have tempered those expectations.

On the flip-side, heard great things of Big Hero 6, accidentally spied a shot of the climatic scene while in the MCX (electronic stores, stop showing off recent films) of
BayMax floating away
that wasn't enough to entirely throw the scene, and had otherwise only seen the trailers. I came away genuinely surprised by the film and better than or aligned with what was being said.

The way I am...experiencing things myself either having it in front of me as intended or going through it through actions is very different than hearing about it or seeing it in a lesser capacity. It's like me watching someone fire an M4 or M249 in comparison to I being the one firing those weapons. You get some of the experience (the noise, seeing the effect) in the former, but not the whole thing or even those bits at their fullest when you're the one handling those weapons.

But yeah, it's very different for many people.
Are you guys playing this on a headset? I am thinking of picking up the Playstation Gold headset in addition when I grab the game. But I am unsure if it would be worth it.

I'm probably going to, given that the tv's speakers won't be able to handle it. Hell, it couldn't handle properly playing all the sounds from Fast 5 on cable.

2AdEPT

I ask you, SoulsGAF, which style will you play? "Slow and steady wins the race," or "time waits for no man."

For sure slow and steady. I want to find as much stuff out on my own as possible, and yet still have an ear to the ground for huge things I might have missed. By watiing until NG+ not only will others have spoiled too much for me, but if I did a mad dash playthrough I will have tarnished my virgin run...there is only one virgin run, it is worth taking care to do it well.

For a horror game? Absolutely worth it. It adds so much to the experience that I wouldn't even play Alien: Isolation if my Gold headset wasn't charged.

duhmetree

The only negative for the game that has come out so far are load times. Everything else is super positive.

I posted this in the spoiler thread... but since some aren't venturing in there....

Wouldn't it be possible for 'lore/info loading screens' to be connected to the main server? Possibly a 'design choice'? The 'Bloodborne' logo just being a default offline screen?

Wouldn't the main server aka the 'magical microsoft cloud' help loading times as well?

disclaimer - I'm not an expert

Do we know what AA solution they went with based on these early impressions? I know there was a lot of shimmering in the early build, but it appears they've improved the IQ. I'm glad to hear the framerate is stable. As for the load times, while I can deal with them, it'd be awesome if the day one patch addresses this.

So.. how is the framerate?

The only guy here in the spoiler thread who downloaded the day one patch said it's better than expected.

Do we know what AA solution they went with based on these early impressions? I know there was a lot of shimmering in the early build, but it appears they've improved the IQ. I'm glad to hear the framerate is stable.

I wish we would get more specific infos on these things from someone.

Do we know what AA solution they went with based on these early impressions? I know there was a lot of shimmering in the early build, but it appears they've improved the IQ. I'm glad to hear the framerate is stable. As for the load times, while I can deal with them, it'd be awesome if the day one patch addresses this.

No load time improvements from that day 1 patch that I've seen. Makes you wonder what performance improvements it actually offers, given that pre-patch impressions already indicated a solid frame rate and IQ.

So stable 30 with a bit of fluctuation in high mob areas?

Earlier impressions than the aforementioned general one say so, with perhaps it being more specific with killing a number of enemies at once/quick succession rather than just the high numbers themselves.

But no Blight Towns or New Londo ladders.
Whats te difference between the gold headset and a really expensive gaming headset? Is there some special feature for getting the SONY headset?

I really have no idea. Aside from some questionable build quality (which after the controllers for both PS3 and launch PS4s, no surprise), I've heard nothing but good things about them. Right now, my budget can only really handle the Gold's when it comes to good sound quality to replace my television's built in speakers and provide a replacement mic for the PS4s dangling ear piece. Therefore I haven't looked further into the nuances of audiophile judgement.

Otherwise, I might've gone for some recommended open-back head sets or Astros.

1337Sauce

Where can I find the music that has been already released for this game? Is there a website that has it all hosted, or do I simply need to search YouTube?

Also, I want/need more information on this game, but don't want to be watching any videos. Does anybody know of any good Youtubers that have simply been talking about the game over images, or simply just discussing their thoughts on the game? I would love to hear some more information, but don't want to spoil myself by watching the gameplay itself.

Rurunaki

Earlier impressions than the aforementioned general one say so, with perhaps it being more specific with killing a number of enemies at once/quick succession rather than just the high numbers themselves.

But no Blight Towns or New Londo ladders.

I really have no idea. Aside from some questionable build quality (which after the controllers for both PS3 and launch PS4s, no surprise), I've heard nothing but good things about them. Right now, my budget can only really handle the Gold's when it comes to good sound quality to replace my television's built in speakers and provide a replacement mic for the PS4s dangling ear piece.

Otherwise, I might've gone for some open-back head sets or Astros.

All I needed to know.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I posted this in the spoiler thread... but since some aren't venturing in there....
Wouldn't it be possible for 'lore/info loading screens' to be connected to the main server? Possibly a 'design choice'? The 'Bloodborne' logo just being a default offline screen?

Wouldn't the main server aka the 'magical microsoft cloud' help loading times as well?

disclaimer - I'm not an expert

Loading screens: What would be the point? Even if so, why not include a bunch of offline screens?

Loading time: Nope.

This reminds me of various after-beta launches of online games etc, when criticism gets slashed with the neverending "but but it's the beta! They'll fix the entire gameplay!" argument, and I really don't mean this in any way personal. The game being online won't suddenly fix things that have nothing to do with the game being online is all I'm saying. Or at least there's a much more probable chance it won't.

bigmac996

Whats te difference between the gold headset and a really expensive gaming headset? Is there some special feature for getting the SONY headset?

They have special audio profiles for certain games that I don't think can be used on any other gaming headset. Don't quote me on that though

Lemondish

Has the day one patch hit for these early folks yet? Not sure if it's 'literally' a day one patch, lol

I wonder if we'll see a shift in those load times when it hits.

They have special audio profiles for certain games that I don't think can be used on any other gaming headset. Don't quote me on that though

I've seen some mentioned. Should be a Sony Wireless Gold thread floating around, that I think was even on the front page in the last hour. Not the most organized given it was about the potential release of them rather than as an official release thread, but should at least be a good starting point to step into and get some impressions from.

Edit: Here's the thread.

duhmetree

They do have better button functionality than the A50s, if that means anything.. You could also see battery life for the headset next to the controller battery indicator. No 'boom mic' is nice but if your headset isn't placed perfectly on your head, you become hard to hear.

Top Bottom